List Mgmt. 2016 Draft, Trading and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well camouflaged. I haven't seen it.
When Hawks are on so is Brad. When they need a call to arms, Brad goes missing.
Therein is the problem that makes it difficult to assess his value, they usually are dominating games.
Having said that, he isn't flying this year.
The outside players in every team look rubbish when the inside players are having a less productive day.

TBH I'm still not convinced he's anything more than a 3rd tall and I think McCarthy is a superior version, probably need to watch more of him but I think there are other guys more suitable that we should be pursuing.

I think a forward line of apeness. Mccarthy. Keeston and hogan would work well.

I think kersten and Mccarthy are mobile enough to have good forward pressure.

I think we need to try to get players like kersten or black for very late picks or through free agency.

Brad is extremely soft physically, always has been and always will be. It was the knock on him in his draft year.

However, he does use his great athletic abilities to run hard and long to both create and carry the ball. He's been perfectly used by Clarkson.

Brad is extremely soft physically, always has been and always will be. It was the knock on him in his draft year.

However, he does use his great athletic abilities to run hard and long to both create and carry the ball. He's been perfectly used by Clarkson.
Clarkson like to use teammate to compliment each other , the problem with gws is if Stevie j ,Shaw,ward and actually injured will they be that great.

I think a forward line of apeness. Mccarthy. Keeston and hogan would work well.

I think kersten and Mccarthy are mobile enough to have good forward pressure.

I think we need to try to get players like kersten or black for very late picks or through free agency.
If we finish bottom 3 we should target Kersten in the Preseason Draft. IMO we should let Clarke and Mayne leave and then trade our draft compensation pick for McCarthy.

We then keep our first pick while adding two mobile tall forwards. I cant see us reaching agreement with Melbourne for Hogan until he is a free agent.

If possibe I would trade Sutcliffe or Sheridan for Brad Hill too. Providing of course B.Hill beats assault charges.

Given Ross' most recent public announcement about a development focus and changing a line coach in to another development coach I think we are more likely to draft than to trade in players in the next off season. I suspect McCarthy will be with us next year but not sure if we'll trade in anyone else. The only options I'd be keen to explore are Litherland, Jack Martin, and Mason Wood. The last two of which I'd wait until next year as they are still under contract until then. Brad Hill, Neville Jetta and Aaron Black are linked because of the WA roots but I'd be surprised if we secure any of them. Ty Vickery and Majak Daw I'm not convinced would be good additions.

Edit - actually I'm not sure about Mason Wood - he might be uncontracted at the end of this season.

Last edited:
haha I was actually answering his question. Yes GWS would still be good without those 3.
That's what I though, the earth will be destroy if you agree with me.keep it this way if not so bore with this forum all doom. if I disagree with you freo get some good players with decent game plan by all mean disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Litherland any good?
What type of role would he assume at Freo?
2015 - elite kicking efficiency @ 84% - third highest of any defender in the AFL. Good interceptor, good rebounder. Not a great ball winner though. 192cm - tick! Does pretty well matching up on those mobile forwards like Darling from memory but even did well against Eddie Betts in a game a couple of years back.

Put the violin away meims, I've agreed with you plenty of times.

I am actually excited for you after hearing your boy, Ubergang, is a chance to debut.
At most emergency beetz , how you know I like to listen to violin ;).

2015 - elite kicking efficiency @ 84% - third highest of any defender in the AFL. Good interceptor, good rebounder. Not a great ball winner though. 192cm - tick! Does pretty well matching up on those mobile forwards like Darling from memory but even did well against Eddie Betts in a game a couple of years back.

I see he's contract expires this year ...Would he be worthy of taking in the PSD if the opportunity presented itself?

Given Ross' most recent public announcement about a development focus and changing a line coach in to another development coach I think we are more likely to draft than to trade in players in the next off season. I suspect McCarthy will be with us next year but not sure if we'll trade in anyone else. The only options I'd be keen to explore are Litherland, Jack Martin, and Mason Wood. The last two of which I'd wait until next year as they are still under contract until then. Brad Hill, Neville Jetta and Aaron Black are linked because of the WA roots but I'd be surprised if we secure any of them. Ty Vickery and Majak Daw I'm not convinced would be good additions.

Edit - actually I'm not sure about Mason Wood - he might be uncontracted at the end of this season.
Adam Tomilson is someone we should go after in the Pre Seaeson Drft. He is avearaging over 40 possessions a game at local level across the last three weeks and is uncontracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back