bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I followed the wwf for years until Stone cold turned with Vince to beat the rock at wrestlemania, I was that dirty on it that I briefly watched until the whole invasion thing finished. Now I just got access to the wwe network with all the ppv, raw & smackdown etc...My question is, Can anybody point some great ppv or raw shows?

People defend today by going "Oh oh but now we get 15-20 minutes matches on Raw" even though those matches and wrestlers now lack any stories or character or promos.

It's 15-20 minutes of absolute crap...you are spot on, before the wrestlers had storylines/character/themes that caused fans to either LOVE or HATE them...now its just absolute piss weak story lines etc.

I just avoid people who still watch that crap today lol. To me the WWF ended once the attitude era finished. What we have now is shitty soap dramas...

Is it still mostly PG rated?

I followed the wwf for years until Stone cold turned with Vince to beat the rock at wrestlemania, I was that dirty on it that I briefly watched until the whole invasion thing finished. Now I just got access to the wwe network with all the ppv, raw & smackdown etc...My question is, Can anybody point some great ppv or raw shows?
I don't remember if it's necessarily "good" but I have a soft spot for St Valentines Day Massacre: In Your House 1999.
Was one of the first I ever saw.

Debut of Big Show.

Goldust vs Bluedust
Bob Holly vs Al Snow - HC title match for the vacant title.
Boss man Vs Mideon
Owen Hart and Jeff Jarratt (C) vs Mark henry and Dlo Brown for the Tag Championships.
Val Venis (w/ Ryan Shamrock) vs Ken Shamrock for the IC title with Billy Gunn as Ref.
Corporate Kane and Chyna vs DX (HHH and Xpac).
Mankind (C) vs. The Rock for the WWF Championship in a Last Man Standing Match
Stone Cold vs Vince McMahon in a steel cage.

It's a PPV responsible for some footage that they still show to this day.

It's 15-20 minutes of absolute crap...you are spot on, before the wrestlers had storylines/character/themes that caused fans to either LOVE or HATE them...now its just absolute piss weak story lines etc.

I just avoid people who still watch that crap today lol. To me the WWF ended once the attitude era finished. What we have now is shitty soap dramas...

Is it still mostly PG rated?

let me guess...you were in your teens or maybe early 20s when watching the attitude era and you havent gone back and watched large swathes of it since...?

I remember fully loaded 2000 being a great somewhat overlooked show, but i can't remember what was on it apart from a triple h vs chris jericho last man standing match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

97 is probably my favourite year. theyd moved away on from the silliness of the mid 90s but before it went too ott with the crash TV nonsense of the following couple of years. Hart Foundation stuff, pre-title win Austin which is maybe my favourite version of him and a GOAT level PPV with Canadian Stampede.

I remember fully loaded 2000 being a great somewhat overlooked show, but i can't remember what was on it apart from a triple h vs chris jericho last man standing match.
No. Results[1][2] Stipulations Times
1H
Taka Michinoku defeated Essa Rios[14] Singles match 02:00
2H Steve Blackman (c) defeated Perry Saturn[14] Singles match for the WWF Hardcore Championship 04:38
3H Dean Malenko (c) defeated Crash Holly[14] Singles match for the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship 02:42
4H The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley) defeated Lo Down (D'Lo Brown and Chaz)[14] Tag team match 05:14
5 The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff Hardy) and Lita defeated T & A (Test and Albert) and Trish Stratus Six-person mixed tag team match 13:12
6 Tazz defeated Al Snow Singles match 05:20
7 Perry Saturn (with Terri) defeated Eddie Guerrero (c) (with Chyna) Singles match for the WWF European Championship 08:10
8 The Acolytes Protection Agency (Faarooq and Bradshaw) defeated Edge and Christian (c) by disqualification Tag team match for the WWF Tag Team Championship 05:29
9 Val Venis (c) (with Trish Stratus) defeated Rikishi Steel cage match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship 14:10
10 The Undertaker defeated Kurt Angle Singles match 07:34
11 Triple H (with Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) defeated Chris Jericho Last Man Standing match 23:11
12 The Rock (c) defeated Chris Benoit (with Shane McMahon) Singles match for the WWF Championship 22:09

• (c) – refers to the champion(s) heading into the match
  • H – indicates the match was broadcast prior to the pay-per-view on Sunday Night Heat

Just going through the ppvs...It changed so quickly! If you grew up within the attitude era...if you missed 6 months you would think you were watching something else

For me 1998 had a good run around King of the Ring to Summerslam. Triple H and The Rock in the IC Title feud, and the 4 way feud with Undertaker, Stone Cold, Kane and Mankind was epic.

Then pretty much the entire 1999 PPV run had something worth watching in it. Stone Cold/McMahon ran basically the entire year.

What made this epic was Stone Cold moping at a local bar all ep , full of doubt

Until he slams the pool cue down ( * i marked when he did ) and shenanigans ensue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back