New posters, introduce yourselves here

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello Fellow Hawks fans,

I moved to Hawthorn thirteen years ago from India and fell in love in with AFL. It seemed to me the most complete game, they guys need to run, withstand tackles and have the ability to jump. Living in Hawthorn it was natural to barrack for Hawthorn I thought, which is not so natural I found out later. But boy I am glad I was mistaken. I moved back some nine years ago but the love for AFL and Hawthorn has only grown. Internet radio has been a great saviour helping to keep in touch with the game over the years.

Welcome aboard IH:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hello Fellow Hawks fans,

I moved to Hawthorn thirteen years ago from India and fell in love in with AFL. It seemed to me the most complete game, they guys need to run, withstand tackles and have the ability to jump. Living in Hawthorn it was natural to barrack for Hawthorn I thought, which is not so natural I found out later. But boy I am glad I was mistaken. I moved back some nine years ago but the love for AFL and Hawthorn has only grown. Internet radio has been a great saviour helping to keep in touch with the game over the years.

While you're back in your native homeland, could you convert your fellow one billion Indians into proud, passionate and paid up Hawthorn members? I know somehow Eddie Maguire will figure out a way for Collingwood to somehow end up with one billion and one supporters before June 30, but it's fun to see him struggle with it. :)

Thanking you in advance...

Hello Fellow Hawks fans,

Welcome IndiaHawk. I was born in Hawthorn, so I guess that makes us kind of neighbours, even though I moved out about 50 years ago. You certainly have a good run with the Hawks. Let's hope it keeps up.

Hello fellow hawks,
From a large family of Hawk supporters and it all started with dad. As a kid he used to jump in the back of a furniture van with the players and off they'd
all go to Footscray or Windy Hill etc. courtesy of dad's uncle being legendary trainer and Hall of Famer Beau Wallace. Dad reckons he's the only Hawk alive
to be at the famous 1943 last game of the season.The Hawks needed to win to make the four and play finals for the first time ever. Well we lost by a point
with a goal to North at the final siren at Arden st. Used to love going to matches in the late 1970s, talk about tough. Loved Lethal, he was just unstoppable.
Never seen a better combination of toughness and skill,then or now.Been to many games since and still love going with the kids. A few years ago my eldest
daughter said to me she likes Nick Revolt and would barrack for ST.Kilda (many of her friends at school were saints). Anyway I said to her I'd never take
her to a saints game ever and she was to remain a Hawk. That was 8 years ago and a Hawk she still is-job done!
My nephew plays with the Box Hill Hawks development team and is going well,he's only 19.
I could rabble on more but thats it. I Will say I love the Hawks to death.
Hoping for the 2016 Premiership, I think we'll do it.
Cheers fellow Hawks

Last edited:
Hello all, it started back 1995/96 when big piggy Dunstall was my fav player. I remember doing a survey at Donvale Primary and almost everyone was Essendon Drug Cartel Plane supporter, ah how the times have changed. Was very confused as a kid, when the merger was on, and didn't at the time know the big deal it was, and was considering the team we could field the next year (yikes!). I remember crying in the '96 elim final when we lost to Sydney( because of Minton-Connell??). Lost the plot when we lost 2001 Prelim to Bombres, and the ecstasy of '13 prelim win!!! And ofc being there when Budwah kicked 13 and I had to console my north mate when we left early to catch our flight back to Melbourne.

Hello fellow hawks,
From a large family of Hawk supporters and it all started with dad. As a kid he used to jump in the back of a furniture van with the players and off they'd
all go to Footscray or Windy Hill etc. courtesy of dad's uncle being legendary trainer and Hall of Famer Beau Wallace. Dad reckons he's the only Hawk alive
to be at the famous 1943 last game of the season.The Hawks needed to win to make the four and play finals for the first time ever. Well we lost by a point
with a goal to North at the final siren at Arden st. Used to love going to matches in the late 1970s, talk about tough. Loved Lethal, he was just unstoppable.
Never seen a better combination of toughness and skill,then or now.Been to many games since and still love going with the kids. A few years ago my eldest
daughter said to me she likes Nick Revolt and would barrack for ST.Kilda (many of her friends at school were saints). Anyway I said to her I'd never take
her to a saints game ever and she was to remain a Hawk. That was 8 years ago and a Hawk she still is-job done!
My nephew plays with the Box Hill Hawks development team and is going well,he's only 19.
I could rabble on more but thats it. I Will say I love the Hawks to death.
Hoping for the 2016 Premiership, I think we'll do it.
Cheers fellow Hawks

New Beau very well. As I lived in Swinburne Avenue throughout the 40s, 50s, and some of the 60s, we would walk past his French polishing shop on the way to home games. He would often get passes for us into the rooms. A real gentleman.

Welcome lucky Hawk, hope we ca continue our run. Premiership run, that is.

New Beau very well. As I lived in Swinburne Avenue throughout the 40s, 50s, and some of the 60s, we would walk past his French polishing shop on the way to home games. He would often get passes for us into the rooms. A real gentleman.

Welcome lucky Hawk, hope we ca continue our run. Premiership run, that is.
Thanks mate,hope so to. Dad reckons his french polishing was unreal and more importantly he was a legend of a guy.
Dad and nan lived with him for quite a while,his stories about Beau and those times are awesome. I'm sure you've got some too.
Everybody loved Beau,when you think about it he epitomises the things that make our club great. Go hawks.

Thanks mate,hope so to. Dad reckons his french polishing was unreal and more importantly he was a legend of a guy.
Dad and nan lived with him for quite a while,his stories about Beau and those times are awesome. I'm sure you've got some too.
Everybody loved Beau,when you think about it he epitomises the things that make our club great. Go hawks.

In my mind he was one of those solid foundation stones that our club was built on. Unfortunately, many of those never got to see how successful the club they helped build became.

Too true.Its also refreshing to talk to someone that knows a bit about Beau and his importance in the clubs history.
Most fans/members wouldn't have a clue who he was.

Fellow Hawks Brethren,

Long time listener, first time poster - out of the shadows so to speak. Have enjoyed reading BF for a couple of years now, and decided it was a bit rude to just watch and not engage in the robust discussion.

I hope to keep faux pas to a minimum, however I'll need some help to begin with.

Finally, go the Hawks.

JE

Fellow Hawks Brethren,

Long time listener, first time poster - out of the shadows so to speak. Have enjoyed reading BF for a couple of years now, and decided it was a bit rude to just watch and not engage in the robust discussion.

I hope to keep faux pas to a minimum, however I'll need some help to begin with.

Finally, go the Hawks.

JE
Welcome Jim

Hello Fellow Hawks Supporters,

I've read the BF forums for a while now (2 years or so) and I've been meaning to join it, so I finally did. Anyway, i'm a very loud and proud Hawks supporter and have been all my life. I support the Hawks because that's who my dad supports, but he actually choose to begin barracking for Hawks because they were on the bottom of the ladder. Many years later he's seen 12 premierships and in total 17 grand finals. So he made a great choice.

My earliest memories of footy is probably watching the 2006 Grand Final (I was six). I remember crying because Sydney lost which is strange because I now hate Sydney. I was a bit of a sook when I was younger because I used to cry whenever Hawthorn lost. I somehow remember in I think 2007, it was a Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide game and we lost by under a goal or something and I was crying for ages.

Anyway, I still can't believe I've seen 4 premierships already and I hope this success never ends.

Oh yeah, I forgot to include my favourite and most memorable moments of the Hawks.

1. The comeback in the last quarter against Geelong in the '13 prelim. When Burgoyne kicked that goal to put us in front was the greatest moment and feeling ever in footy for me.
2. 2008 Grand Final. Watched it with people who were almost all Geelong supporters. First grand final win I saw and the fact we were considered major underdogs made the win even better.
3. 2014 Grand Final. Despite the fact that it wasn't really a contest, out of the 3 peat premierships this one was my favourite. Having our coach out for a month or so and losing one of our biggest and most important players Franklin to the opposing Grand Final team. The performance we put on that day was near perfect and nothing better than flogging Sydney.
4. 2015 Grand Final. Another dominant win in a grand final. It was the first year I went to the Grand Final parade which made the game even more special. The fact that we dominated for the whole day when many thought West Coast had a good chance to win and that the heat might be a factor. Proving everyone wrong. Seeing a 4th premiership, let alone winning our 3rd in a row was something I never thought I'd see already.
5. 2015 Prelim. Going in, I was probably the least confident the week before as we had to travel back to Perth and the fact Freo had a week off. When Duryea kicked that goal from the boundary, I was elated. Going over there to a hostile crowd on the back of losing the first round of the finals and coming out as victors was such an awesome feeling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Fellow Hawks Supporters,

I've read the BF forums for a while now (2 years or so) and I've been meaning to join it, so I finally did. Anyway, i'm a very loud and proud Hawks supporter and have been all my life. I support the Hawks because that's who my dad supports, but he actually choose to begin barracking for Hawks because they were on the bottom of the ladder. Many years later he's seen 12 premierships and in total 17 grand finals. So he made a great choice.

My earliest memories of footy is probably watching the 2006 Grand Final (I was six). I remember crying because Sydney lost which is strange because I now hate Sydney. I was a bit of a sook when I was younger because I used to cry whenever Hawthorn lost. I somehow remember in I think 2007, it was a Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide game and we lost by under a goal or something and I was crying for ages.

Anyway, I still can't believe I've seen 4 premierships already and I hope this success never ends.
Just waiting for you one day to say in a game day thread: 'It's a trap!'

Been reading BF for a while, as another forum I'm on is slowly loosing it's imput.
Fave player I've seen live is the famous great Barney - Lethal Leigh Matthews.
Loved giving Crawf a big hug after the 2008 GF.
A life long supporter since a little kid, loved the years of Pritchard to Dunstall.
Gunner is one of my current faves as well as future legend Sam Mitchell.
Hence makes up my user id.
Worst, or more stressful memory was at Camberwell Town Hall in 1996
where Don Scott took the Hawk off the Demons jumper.
Loved it when in that year we beat Dees by 1 point and Chris Langford raised
his jumper.
All the flags I've seen, I feel blessed to witness so many GF's in person.
Don't have a fave GF as such but Gary Ayres make a great wack in front of me
to Gary Ablett (the one we sent home)Snr.
Always Hawthorn, amazed we have gone from 12k to over 73k members!

Hi Guys. Adelaide based Crows fan here with a question.
My partner has been offered a job too good to pass up if she moves to Mulgrave in Melbourne.

Ive never heard of it, anyone know what that area is like, and any good surrounding suburbs to live in?

cheers

My partner has been offered a job too good to pass up if she moves to Mulgrave in Melbourne.

Ive never heard of it, anyone know what that area is like, and any good surrounding suburbs to live in?

cheers
never heard of it. but it is closer to the G than Adelaide so must be a great place to live.

cheers
Mulgrave is south east near Waverly Park where the Hawks currently train. You have the Monash Freeway in to town but you are not super close to a train line there.
Nice enough area I suggest jumping on google maps and having a look keeping around Mulgrave or North you will generally find nicer suburbs than slightly south where there are areas like Dandenong and Clayton, though there are decent pockets in those areas

Hey there ,
I have been an interested observer for a wee while now. So thought I might finally join and maybe get involved in some of the discussions. I have been a mad Hawks fan since my first clear memory of footy (1978 gf). Fondest memories of always going to the Waverley games with my dad,even better ones when catching buses ,trains and trams with my mates to wherever the team was playing on any given weekend. I have been living in Nth Qld for 15 years now so thought discussing real footy with like minded folk might be good as opposed to trying to talk footy in this Cowboys mad town.

Hey there ,
I have been an interested observer for a wee while now. So thought I might finally join and maybe get involved in some of the discussions. I have been a mad Hawks fan since my first clear memory of footy (1978 gf). Fondest memories of always going to the Waverley games with my dad,even better ones when catching buses ,trains and trams with my mates to wherever the team was playing on any given weekend. I have been living in Nth Qld for 15 years now so thought discussing real footy with like minded folk might be good as opposed to trying to talk footy in this Cowboys mad town.

welcome to the forum mate, are you going down to the 'gabba this Saturday, we only play up there once in a blue moon...

welcome to the forum mate, are you going down to the 'gabba this Saturday, we only play up there once in a blue moon...

Thanks for the welcome mate. Deadset squealed like a schoolgirl when I saw we were at the Gabba this year. But family commitments for this weekend will keep me in Townsville.

Greetings one and all.
Just joined the forum after a few months lurking around.
Hawk supporter since birth, with a family that has Hawthorn footbal club as its only religion.
Looking forward to discussing the finer points of our great game with you all.

Greetings one and all.
Just joined the forum after a few months lurking around.
Hawk supporter since birth, with a family that has Hawthorn footbal club as its only religion.
Looking forward to discussing the finer points of our great game with you all.
Welcome, William are you bringing chocolate with you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back