Ok benny and Peggy what ya going to do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious question. Is Choco the development coach? Is there a team of development coaches?
I think development is a huge part of our problem.
Take C. Ellis for example. When he was drafted he was considered a bargain at 12(?) and an elite kick. I don't see it, yet. That has to come down to development.
Choco is the head of the dev group, and I agree it hasn't gone to plan of plate. Ellis is a very good kick, he just needs to find it more.

You are our leaders the buck stops with you seriously now what are you going to do? Does anyone think that these 2 will do anything constructive in demand to paying members and supporters that basically own this club? Give us not just the vision but the process for I for one am sick of mediocrity
They don't have the courage or the knowledge or the expertise to do anything. Internal review by the same people that are making all the mistakes spells disaster. We need someone external with vast football knowledge and experience to do a thorough review on our WHOLE FOOTBALL DEPARTMENT. .ONLY way changes will be made is by someone not directly associated with the club . even then Benny and Peggy would not listen to such expert anyway. We are DOOMED FOR YEARS AND YEARS OF MEDIOCRITY

External review that is conducted independently. Some harsh truths need to be told.

Recruiting - needs to be addressed now so as to not disrupt our drafting as much as possible. FJ has had enough time.

Development - Has choco gotten long in the tooth? Is it time for a new voice? Mcartney would be my choice if we wanted a hard arse. Development is about quality not quantity, what with mcwalter as a dev coach, seriously?

Assistant coaches - we lost leppa and daily and havent added enough quality back in. Truck rutten is a good appointment but is still relatively new. The other mark williams has stuffed up every part of the field hes coached, needs to get the arse.
Ross (?) The exhawk bloke is still quality imo. We need voices from outside the club and from other systems that need to be excellent communicators and teachers. Create a positive new environment that could do wonders for our list imo.

Get a good forward line coach, bug scores are what wins games, our forwards dont work well enough together. Look at north and the crows, even the giants all big kickers.

Get this s**t addressed asap, and give the fans some clarity on what we are going to do or a lot of members wont be re-signing next year.

they will tell us to calm down and Richmond fans are overly emotional.

This.! Richmond fans will calm down and still attend games. buy memberships and merchandise. if asked for money they will dig deep again....!
The Muppets at the helm have a chuckle at our expense and we keep serving them on silver plate.

If we want to be heard, lets control our investment in the club financially, mentally & emotionally. The drop in members, attendance and merchandise should send a very clear message.

It's time to demand some answers and change..................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you cancel your membership, only to renew it if the club gets success, then you are a bandwagoner plain and simple.
So us mugs who have been paying for the last 40 years or do who have had enough are classed as bandwagoners?

Mate a lot of us aren't even in a position to go to a game yet we still pay up, so Gagf

Wow, so let's recap what happened:

1) We got outclassed by a team who was 9-1 and TOP OF THE LADDER going into the game, and coming off their first loss of the season, therefore making them even more determined not to drop another one.

2) The team we were facing is actually a bogey team who we've struggled to beat even when they were down, and we were up and about (does anyone remember 2013, when we were a 15-7 team, and North didn't even make finals, yet they beat us by 10 goals at Etihad?)

3) We lost our 2nd best defender before the game and he was replaced by Chaplin, then we lost a rotation with the Morris injury 9 minutes into the 1st quarter, THEN we lost Vlastuin before half time to concussion, and finally we then lost Griffiths to an ankle early in the 3rd quarter.

Seriously people, if this loss is supposed to be some eye-opening revelation of where the team is at, you people are high.

We were always going struggle in this fixture, however in the next 3 weeks we have 3 winnable matches against GC, Brisbane, and Port (though this one's becoming harder every week with their improved form, it's still winnable).

If we lose to GC or Brisbane in the next 3 weeks, I'll happily concede that that'll be a major blow, but losing to North is not enough for me to start tearing down the walls of Punt Road and demanding Dimma's head.

Finally, for a bit more context - everyone's fairytale team Carlton is currently 6-5, yet when they played North (with an older and more experienced team than we played them with I'll add), Carlton got done by about 70 points as well.

If you want to be irritated at losses, we should be irritated at the Melbourne and Port losses from earlier in the year, those are the losses that have put us in the s**t.

Win those two games like we should have (because we're better than both of them), and we'd be 6-5.

Wow, so let's recap what happened:

1) We got outclassed by a team who was 9-1 and TOP OF THE LADDER going into the game, and coming off their first loss of the season, therefore making them even more determined not to drop another one.

2) The team we were facing is actually a bogey team who we've struggled to beat even when they were down, and we were up and about (does anyone remember 2013, when we were a 15-7 team, and North didn't even make finals, yet they beat us by 10 goals at Etihad?)

3) We lost our 2nd best defender before the game and he was replaced by Chaplin, then we lost a rotation with the Morris injury 9 minutes into the 1st quarter, THEN we lost Vlastuin before half time to concussion, and finally we then lost Griffiths to an ankle early in the 3rd quarter.

Seriously people, if this loss is supposed to be some eye-opening revelation of where the team is at, you people are high.

We were always going struggle in this fixture, however in the next 3 weeks we have 3 winnable matches against GC, Brisbane, and Port (though this one's becoming harder every week with their improved form, it's still winnable).

If we lose to GC or Brisbane in the next 3 weeks, I'll happily concede that that'll be a major blow, but losing to North is not enough for me to start tearing down the walls of Punt Road and demanding Dimma's head.

Finally, for a bit more context - everyone's fairytale team Carlton is currently 6-5, yet when they played North (with an older and more experienced team than we played them with I'll add), Carlton got done by about 70 points as well.

If you want to be irritated at losses, we should be irritated at the Melbourne and Port losses from earlier in the year, those are the losses that have put us in the s**t.

Win those two games like we should have (because we're better than both of them), and we'd be 6-5.
Think you'll find we were absolutely devastated and royally pissed off after the losses to Melbourne and port. We hardly touched the ball in the first 10 minutes against the roos. We were not up to it right from the start and then when the injurys took place they just put up the white flag like they aways do pea hearted sooks

Think you'll find we were absolutely devastated and royally pissed off after the losses to Melbourne and port. We hardly touched the ball in the first 10 minutes against the roos. We were not up to it right from the start and then when the injurys took place they just put up the white flag like they aways do pea hearted sooks

North are the oldest and most experienced team in the competition, in arguably the best form they've ever been in (Sydney loss aside).

We're not on their level at the moment, it's as simple as that.

Not being on North's level right now doesn't mean we're not on the right track to get there, let's not forget that this North team has experienced some humiliating defeats of their own in the past 3-4 years as they've developed their list.

Some examples that come to mind are multiple losses to the Lions at the Gabba, a belting by the Suns at Metricon when the Suns were average at best, plus a near-100 point EF demolition at the hands of the Eagles several years ago.

Why don't people understand that development is not always linear?

North are the oldest and most experienced team in the competition, in arguably the best form they've ever been in (Sydney loss aside).

We're not on their level at the moment, it's as simple as that.

Not being on North's level right now doesn't mean we're not on the right track to get there, let's not forget that this North team has experienced some humiliating defeats of their own in the past 3-4 years as they've developed their list.

Some examples that come to mind are multiple losses to the Lions at the Gabba, a belting by the Suns at Metricon when the Suns were average at best, plus a near-100 point EF demolition at the hands of the Eagles several years ago.

Why don't people understand that development is not always linear?
No excuse none what so ever to be so insipid so submissive so fragile like we were in the first 10 minutes.

So us mugs who have been paying for the last 40 years or do who have had enough are classed as bandwagoners?

Mate a lot of us aren't even in a position to go to a game yet we still pay up, so Gagf

I consider myself a loyal fan, i'd never support another club, however when I see members $ and the proceeds of the FTF amounting to SFA I see red.

If it's good enough for fans to continually dig deep year after year then the least you can expect is the club to act on an under-performing football department. If they can't, then get a President/CEO with the balls to make the hard calls.

No excuse none what so ever to be so insipid so submissive so fragile like we were in the first 10 minutes.

FFS mate get over it.

It happens sometimes, one team brings a higher level of intensity than another team, and makes that team look poor in comparison. It especially happens when you get a hardened, physical, confident outfit coming up against a team that is only just restoring confidence in itself after a horror start to the year.

It's seriously not the end of the world, and it doesn't mean our team is now doomed for failure and rebuilding.

FFS mate get over it.

It happens sometimes, one team brings a higher level of intensity than another team, and makes that team look poor in comparison. It especially happens when you get a hardened, physical, confident outfit coming up against a team that is only just restoring confidence in itself after a horror start to the year.

It's seriously not the end of the world, and it doesn't mean our team is now doomed for failure and rebuilding.
It happens all the time that's why we have the worst record in the afl since 1990..we can't and don't and won't compete in the big games since 82 9 finals for 2 wins .it's not the end of the world .???. It's worse than the end of the world much worse

I consider myself a loyal fan, i'd never support another club, however when I see members $ and the proceeds of the FTF amounting to SFA I see red.

If it's good enough for fans to continually dig deep year after year then the least you can expect is the club to act on an under-performing football department. If they can't, then get a President/CEO with the balls to make the hard calls.
Exactly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back