Ok benny and Peggy what ya going to do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Id say kmac, menadue, lloyd.. yea cant come up with many that would get games. Part of that has to be due to our development. Get mcartney as a development coach known to be a hardass. Which is probably what we need more of. Hard love.

McCartney seems to be a bewty. Whoever is teaching the young Saints how to play (maybe Paul Hudson?) is doing a fair job too. And there must be a Development Machine up at the Swans.

Other clubs, with less resources than the Richmond FC, seem to be able to make late picks into AFL level contributors. I think it's our biggest problem.

How about actually using your vote to effect change?

It makes no sense to say "I want the board overthrown, and the way I will achieve this is by giving up my right to vote against the board"

Where is the egm trigger petition??

People want the board booted, but just like voting at the egm/agm, people are all talk and no action

Given only 10% vote at an agm, I'm not surprised

We love bitching, but god forbid we actually do something
We are doing something by not renewing memberships. And if there is a vote to be had we still are members and can vote. If it continues the same as they can gagf. Its easy for people to come out and say we are all talk bla bla but the bottom line is when business isn't going well they sack the current regime to get them out of the poo.
Last time i looked the club has been all talk and no action so stop telling me and others we are all talk.
If you have different beliefs good on ya but don't preach me.

We are doing something by not renewing memberships. And if there is a vote to be had we still are members and can vote. If it continues the same as they can gagf. Its easy for people to come out and say we are all talk bla bla but the bottom line is when business isn't going well they sack the current regime to get them out of the poo.
Last time i looked the club has been all talk and no action so stop telling me and others we are all talk.
If you have different beliefs good on ya but don't preach me.

So tell me

you cancel your membership, and then what?

you say there will be a vote, how?

You need a certain numbers of MEMBERS to sign the petition, and you just ruled yourself out of that because you cancelled.

Now lets say they manage to find enough signatures for an EGM trigger. Then what?

You say there will be a vote, but its a vote you cannot participate in because you just killed your membership.

So right now you are hoping that enough people who feel the same as you didn't act the same as you, or the incumbent board will be reinstated in a landslide

Not telling you what to say either BTW, read what I've written. I'm telling you what you dont want to do in order to achieve the outcomes you want.

I am in favour of maintaining the current regime. I don't want change. The best thing for my vested interest is for you and everyone else wanting change to cancel your memberships. The reason why I am advising against it is because cancelling hurts you. You have a right to be pissed off, and your only avenue to effect change is through an AGM or EGM vote. Kill your membership, you lose your voice, and your only platform for change will be yelling at clouds on the internet.

If you kill your membership, yes, you will hurt the club financially, but guess what? Nothing you want to change will. The same board will be in place, they will cut spending in the footy dept (in line with falling revenues), AND the club will 100% not break dimma's contract because it cannot afford to.

You want Dimma to stay two more years? Kill your membership

So tell me

you cancel your membership, and then what?

you say there will be a vote, how?

You need a certain numbers of MEMBERS to sign the petition, and you just ruled yourself out of that because you cancelled.

Now lets say they manage to find enough signatures for an EGM trigger. Then what?

You say there will be a vote, but its a vote you cannot participate in because you just killed your membership.

So right now you are hoping that enough people who feel the same as you didn't act the same as you, or the incumbent board will be reinstated in a landslide

Not telling you what to say either BTW, read what I've written. I'm telling you what you dont want to do in order to achieve the outcomes you want.

I am in favour of maintaining the current regime. I don't want change. The best thing for my vested interest is for you and everyone else wanting change to cancel your memberships. The reason why I am advising against it is because cancelling hurts you. You have a right to be pissed off, and your only avenue to effect change is through an AGM or EGM vote. Kill your membership, you lose your voice, and your only platform for change will be yelling at clouds on the internet.

If you kill your membership, yes, you will hurt the club financially, but guess what? Nothing you want to change will. The same board will be in place, they will cut spending in the footy dept (in line with falling revenues), AND the club will 100% not break dimma's contract because it cannot afford to.

You want Dimma to stay two more years? Kill your membership
You can't cancel your membership. You can cancel the auto-renewal, but not cancel your membership. Anyone that cancels their auto-renewal can vote this year.

Wow, so let's recap what happened:

1) We got outclassed by a team who was 9-1 and TOP OF THE LADDER going into the game, and coming off their first loss of the season, therefore making them even more determined not to drop another one.

2) The team we were facing is actually a bogey team who we've struggled to beat even when they were down, and we were up and about (does anyone remember 2013, when we were a 15-7 team, and North didn't even make finals, yet they beat us by 10 goals at Etihad?)

3) We lost our 2nd best defender before the game and he was replaced by Chaplin, then we lost a rotation with the Morris injury 9 minutes into the 1st quarter, THEN we lost Vlastuin before half time to concussion, and finally we then lost Griffiths to an ankle early in the 3rd quarter.

Seriously people, if this loss is supposed to be some eye-opening revelation of where the team is at, you people are high.

We were always going struggle in this fixture, however in the next 3 weeks we have 3 winnable matches against GC, Brisbane, and Port (though this one's becoming harder every week with their improved form, it's still winnable).

If we lose to GC or Brisbane in the next 3 weeks, I'll happily concede that that'll be a major blow, but losing to North is not enough for me to start tearing down the walls of Punt Road and demanding Dimma's head.

Finally, for a bit more context - everyone's fairytale team Carlton is currently 6-5, yet when they played North (with an older and more experienced team than we played them with I'll add), Carlton got done by about 70 points as well.

If you want to be irritated at losses, we should be irritated at the Melbourne and Port losses from earlier in the year, those are the losses that have put us in the s**t.

Win those two games like we should have (because we're better than both of them), and we'd be 6-5.

Yes, all of that is true.
But your missing the main point.
When we started getting pantsed we didn't go the punch...

They want to bring nback miller

Nah, pahoof will consult his matrix spreadsheet and determine the extract type of player we need. The spreadsheet knows all!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been a member since 1987, I will not renew next year unless there is major change. I am normally in the don't change work on things but I watch a lot of footy and the thing I have learnt a good coach will get you to a semi final or maybe even a preliminary final but you need good players to win a flag. No good player wants to come to us. I look at the bulldogs and apart from bont, stringer and the guy that marks everything down back they are not amazing. The difference is there game plan. Carlton are the same, game plan. We would not win a flag but I grantee we would be closer of we had Bolton or Beveridge.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I have been a member since 1987, I will not renew next year unless there is major change. I am normally in the don't change work on things but I watch a lot of footy and the thing I have learnt a good coach will get you to a semi final or maybe even a preliminary final but you need good players to win a flag. No good player wants to come to us. I look at the bulldogs and apart from bont, stringer and the guy that marks everything down back they are not amazing. The difference is there game plan. Carlton are the same, game plan. We would not win a flag but I grantee we would be closer of we had Bolton or Beveridge.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
We haven't lost anyone , but no one wants to come

Wow, so let's recap what happened:

1) We got outclassed by a team who was 9-1 and TOP OF THE LADDER going into the game, and coming off their first loss of the season, therefore making them even more determined not to drop another one.

2) The team we were facing is actually a bogey team who we've struggled to beat even when they were down, and we were up and about (does anyone remember 2013, when we were a 15-7 team, and North didn't even make finals, yet they beat us by 10 goals at Etihad?)

3) We lost our 2nd best defender before the game and he was replaced by Chaplin, then we lost a rotation with the Morris injury 9 minutes into the 1st quarter, THEN we lost Vlastuin before half time to concussion, and finally we then lost Griffiths to an ankle early in the 3rd quarter.

Seriously people, if this loss is supposed to be some eye-opening revelation of where the team is at, you people are high.

We were always going struggle in this fixture, however in the next 3 weeks we have 3 winnable matches against GC, Brisbane, and Port (though this one's becoming harder every week with their improved form, it's still winnable).

If we lose to GC or Brisbane in the next 3 weeks, I'll happily concede that that'll be a major blow, but losing to North is not enough for me to start tearing down the walls of Punt Road and demanding Dimma's head.

Finally, for a bit more context - everyone's fairytale team Carlton is currently 6-5, yet when they played North (with an older and more experienced team than we played them with I'll add), Carlton got done by about 70 points as well.

If you want to be irritated at losses, we should be irritated at the Melbourne and Port losses from earlier in the year, those are the losses that have put us in the s**t.

Win those two games like we should have (because we're better than both of them), and we'd be 6-5.
I dont have too many complaints if we were just out classed - it's being out 'efforted' and out tackled and out gut-run and out coached that burns me. :cool:

Which tells us our FD lacks motivators to psych the boys up.
Ding Dong I heard this tripe 7 years ago. We're still mentally weak , physically weak, lack leadership , poorly coached , stagnating list of foot soldiers with the same guns.
How long do we have to wait before the heads of state begin to rectify all these issues?

You know he meant renew right?
So he said if there was a vote i couldn't vote because i cancelled or in your case cancelled the renewal so what is your point. I did say i won't be renewing if no changes happen for next year so this year when the time comes i will vote as i'm entitled.

I dont have too many complaints if we were just out classed - it's being out 'efforted' and out tackled and out gut-run and out coached that burns me. :cool:

If Benny came out and announced the sacking of the coach and in turn the announcement of a new coach. I can guaranteeya the effort tacking etc would return overnight. The players are sending a message dude. By players I mean the leaders. Look at Jacks helicopter punt etc and tell me if they are playing for the coach and in turn for the jumper ? But that introduces 2 issues with me though. 1. We start to ascend the ladder and finish in mediocrity hence missing out on picks that Freo the scum and the bummers will feast on this year and go past us next year like we are standing still. And 2. Looking at the landscape and then looking at how Benny and Peggy are basically good at creating value off field but s**t where it counts on it and I can smell a Mick Malthouse type of appointment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back