Ok benny and Peggy what ya going to do?

Remove this Banner Ad

So he said if there was a vote i couldn't vote because i cancelled or in your case cancelled the renewal so what is your point. I did say i won't be renewing if no changes happen for next year so this year when the time comes i will vote as i'm entitled.
Didn't say you couldn't, just on the word 'cancel' as to what he meant.

Actually you can cancel

Plenty have done it in the past as a sign of protest (I know a few who even got refunded)
I was under the impression that you couldn't cancel the existing year, as you have essentially signed on for the year. If that was the case then if after half way you could lose half of your membership dollars if finals is out. I'm sure this was brought up before. RFC_Official?

I was under the impression that you couldn't cancel the existing year, as you have essentially signed on for the year. If that was the case then if after half way you could lose half of your membership dollars if finals is out. I'm sure this was brought up before. RFC_Official?

The only ones I know who got refunds were early in the year, and very much told it was a one off

Most the guys who I know "cancelled" forfeited any refund (as you said, in principle the money is gone). The key thing they wanted was the protest to the club, but asking that their name be removed from the list of members the club has. Personally I think its a pointless protest, but it seems to appeal to some

The only ones I know who got refunds were early in the year, and very much told it was a one off

Most the guys who I know "cancelled" forfeited any refund (as you said, in principle the money is gone). The key thing they wanted was the protest to the club, but asking that their name be removed from the list of members the club has. Personally I think its a pointless protest, but it seems to appeal to some

theflea yep, this is an example of cancelling the existing year.

if they were to get 1000 cancellations it should start ringing alarm bells, in my industry 1 cancellation is enough to trigger meetings, because customers/clients are hard to get and retain, easy to lose unless your coles and wollies and have people by the short and curies, theres always a new customer to walk through the door, but a football club has finite support and if the supporters are churned then its a slippery slope

if they were to get 1000 cancellations it should start ringing alarm bells, in my industry 1 cancellation is enough to trigger meetings, because customers/clients are hard to get and retain, easy to lose unless your coles and wollies and have people by the short and curies, theres always a new customer to walk through the door, but a football club has finite support and if the supporters are churned then its a slippery slope
drug dealing in scumshine?

McCartney seems to be a bewty. Whoever is teaching the young Saints how to play (maybe Paul Hudson?) is doing a fair job too. And there must be a Development Machine up at the Swans.

Other clubs, with less resources than the Richmond FC, seem to be able to make late picks into AFL level contributors. I think it's our biggest problem.
Best development coach is at the bulldogs. Actually he could be our next senior coach. Very experienced coached at all levels up to vfl. Great with kids great communicator.
CHRIS MAPLE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theflea yep, this is an example of cancelling the existing year.

Ok, well this isn't what I would call cancelling anything, you don't get a refund and all you're doing is getting struck off. Its essentially as I said.

Ok, well this isn't what I would call cancelling anything, you don't get a refund and all you're doing is getting struck off. Its essentially as I said.
People were talking of not renewing the membership not one mentioned cancelling this season membership so therefore are still members and can vote. You blokes have changed renew onto cancel unreal.

People were talking of not renewing the membership not one mentioned cancelling this season membership so therefore are still members and can vote. You blokes have changed renew onto cancel unreal.

Others are discussing it elsewhere on the board, otherwise I wouldn't have raised it

Also if you want to make a point about your membership not renewing won't have an impact until March/April the following year, because even if auto renewals are suspended, the club will need to rule out people are not simply holding out till the last minute (ie change their mind when the footy actually starts)

Again, this isn't me attacking you. It's me wanting to make sure your protest is heard in the loudest possible way, and IMO that's by downgrading but remaining a member

It's all about math

If you remain a member, you not only vote in this agm, but the next one and so on. if the incumbents win any agm, as a pissed off member you will have a louder voice with the board than a former one In 2017. They will be desperate to appease you so as to avoid further board challenges in 2017 - they are all about stability ;)

Remember only about 10% of us bother to vote, they need you to change your mind

Reality is most people who won't renew will do it for form reasons. They won't expect finals in 2017 so won't keep their membership. That number will dominate departures IMO. History has shown that the levels of anger and protest on the boards and forums are rarely the same as with the general supporter base (not surprising because we are all the fanatical pointy end). That form departure will therefore drown out your protest, because you will be bundled in with those people

Last edited:
Others are discussing it elsewhere on the board, otherwise I wouldn't have raised it

Also if you want to make a point about your membership not renewing won't have an impact until March/April the following year, because even if auto renewals are suspended, the club will need to rule out people are not simply holding out till the last minute (ie change their mind when the footy actually starts)

Again, this isn't me attacking you. It's me wanting to make sure your protest is heard in the loudest possible way, and IMO that's by downgrading but remaining a member

It's all about math

If you remain a member, you not only vote in this agm, but the next one and so on. if the incumbents win any agm, as a pissed off member you will have a louder voice with the board than a former one In 2017. They will be desperate to appease you so as to avoid further board challenges in 2017 - they are all about stability ;)

Remember only about 10% of us bother to vote, they need you to change your mind

Reality is most people who won't renew will do it for form reasons. They won't expect finals in 2017 so won't keep their membership. That number will dominate departures IMO. History has shown that the levels of anger and protest on the boards and forums are rarely the same as with the general supporter base (not surprising because we are all the fanatical pointy end). That form departure will therefore drown out your protest, because you will be bundled in with those people

I agree with you yo a point,if people don't renew, and the club monitors their fan sites, all the sites are in turmoil over this, if they continue to keep their fingers in their ears and sing Tralala lala then they are beyond stupid

Pre over and big footy are all asking for the same thing, the coaches head, whilst it's not unanimous on these sites it's a higher number wanting change than keeping the status quo.

I have voiced my concerns to the club re membership, and not with the girl who answers the phone,I will probably renew but I may not as well,

Document it , if benny starts getting email after email about not renewing he would be derelict in his duties to not find the source of the fire

I agree with you yo a point,if people don't renew, and the club monitors their fan sites, all the sites are in turmoil over this, if they continue to keep their fingers in their ears and sing Tralala lala then they are beyond stupid

Pre over and big footy are all asking for the same thing, the coaches head, whilst it's not unanimous on these sites it's a higher number wanting change than keeping the status quo.

I have voiced my concerns to the club re membership, and not with the girl who answers the phone,I will probably renew but I may not as well,

Document it , if benny starts getting email after email about not renewing he would be derelict in his duties to not find the source of the fire

Don't over estimate the pull of the forums

The forums were fully behind the egm challenge and last years guy, and the vote was strongly against them

While we talk a lot, we are only a few hundred peeps

I cannot stress this enough and we need to strike before the Swans do and elevate him to the senior role that he was made assistant this year...we have to get a contract in front of this dude asap....he has done his apprenticeship ontop of being a leader on the field and will kick arse when he gets the top job....we can do to the swans what the bummers did to us with Sheeds and get this guy:

Brett+Kirk+Fremantle+Dockers+Training+Session+ZVZL0ihWvHAl.jpg

I cannot stress this enough and we need to strike before the Swans do and elevate him to the senior role that he was made assistant this year...we have to get a contract in front of this dude asap....he has done his apprenticeship ontop of being a leader on the field and will kick arse when he gets the top job....we can do to the swans what the bummers did to us with Sheeds and get this guy:

Brett+Kirk+Fremantle+Dockers+Training+Session+ZVZL0ihWvHAl.jpg
Im not sure about kirk, there has been discussions that Ross gave his assistants a lot more control of game plan etc during pre-season.
I like longmire!

Last edited:
No RFC Tiger74 did, which was why I wanted a clarification. I didn't give my opinion one way or the other either or even before, so yes someone did say it.

I dont have too many complaints if we were just out classed - it's being out 'efforted' and out tackled and out gut-run and out coached that burns me. :cool:
This post puts it all in a nut shell

No coach can have a go at players being beaten on skill
But no coach should accept his players being beaten on endeavor
Hardwick does as proven by the point the same lazy shits keep getting games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back