Michael Hibberd

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate to lose him but a 2nd round pick I probably all we can hope for. I expected the Demons to target him instead of Melksham when rumours circulated of them trying to pry loose an Essendon HBF last year.

Hibberd would also be a great fit for Brisbane and Collingwood.

No it's not, Hogan is two first rounders minimum in his own

Can't help but agree.

Hogans the type of bloke that you hope your pick 1 can turn out to be, probably hogan even exceeds your pick 1 expectations. Ideally, if pick 1 is the best you can get you take it. But hogan is just the bloke you don't want to leave, regardless of the offer. Much unknown with draft picks but hogan is a different beast.

Pick 1 is ballpark. Hibberd on top is a good deal.
Pick 1 is ballpark, if you want to throw in another top 5 pick or a genuine A-grade talent with it. If it was 10 years ago, and the number one pick meant something more than the choice of 2 or 3 standouts, then it might have been close.

Pick 1 is ballpark, if you want to throw in another top 5 pick or a genuine A-grade talent with it. If it was 10 years ago, and the number one pick meant something more than the choice of 2 or 3 standouts, then it might have been close.
While I don't entirely disagree with you, paying that price is madness. Especially for a rebuilding team.

Hibberd is worth an early second at best. I think he's a better player than what he'd get on the open market but If he's truly resigned to leave it will be interesting.

While I don't entirely disagree with you, paying that price is madness. Especially for a rebuilding team.
That's because we want to keep him, and would need a good offer to let him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's because we want to keep him, and would need a good offer to let him go.
Pick 1 is pretty good given his flight risk. But i can't see us trying to get Hogan to move, nor him moving anywhere within Vic.

Back to Hibberd.
If Tom McDonald remains uncontracted come years end, a swap with pick changes could work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back