Caleb Daniel's (absolutely enormous) Bandwagon led by the Giant Clydesdales of Glory

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
Also not bad considering on output he should have lower odds than all of them :p

Caleb Daniel (Alias Little Diego) is a masterpiece of a footballer. This little man, plays symphonic football. He is clever, has lots of intuition, massive skills. When he gets more strength, he will be unstoppable. King said that he will be as good as Sam Mitchell. I am going to say that he is going to be if not as good, BETTER. I love this guy. I've said it before, his center of gravity is sublime, the way he creates space and the way he slows time is amazing. This is one of the reasons I love watching him, because he slows time so much that it makes me live longer!!!
Also, he and I have something in common. When there is Lightning in the sky, both he and I go out and smile at the sky. Why, might you ask?

WELL IT IS GOD TAKING A PICTURE OF HIS TWO BEST CREATIONS... :)

I definitley see Sam Mitchell in him, thought this for a awhile now, just his ability to stop and quickly make a great decision, you cant teach what they both have, footy nouse.

The great Barry Cable is on the Marngrook Footy Show (Channel 34, NITV, way better than C9 crap)

Very interesting man and great footy player.

Why am I posting this in the Caleb Daniel thread? Because BC is 168cm and CD is 167cm.

From little things big things grow

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-06-13/giant-impact remind you of anyone?

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I can honestly say that I was possibly the loudest against us drafting this young man and purely due to his size and the already numerous tiny blokes we haage on our list.

But I'm also honest to say wow this kid is a friggin gun and I love the way he goes about it.

hatescaptcha

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
Truganina
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
From memory Daniel had the ability to kick multi goals a game from the midfield before getting drafted (Along with the tonnes of shots he set up).

Once that part of his game also translates to AFL level, he'll be talked up as being in the same league as Bont and Stringer.

Absolute gun!

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I can honestly say that I was possibly the loudest against us drafting this young man and purely due to his size and the already numerous tiny blokes we haage on our list.

But I'm also honest to say wow this kid is a friggin gun and I love the way he goes about it.
I thought you were going to say we only recruited Caleb Daniel to garner
membership numbers from small people and lord of the rings fans who are
desperately seeking a new hero after Frodo.

You have changed man !

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

I remember your pre and post draft melt. Loved it.

synchrodogcal

Team Captain
Dec 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
From memory Daniel had the ability to kick multi goals a game from the midfield before getting drafted (Along with the tonnes of shots he set up).

Once that part of his game also translates to AFL level, he'll be talked up as being in the same league as Bont and Stringer.

Absolute gun!

he's like a mini harlem globetrotter level gun

love him

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I thought you were going to say we only recruited Caleb Daniel to garner
membership numbers from small people and lord of the rings fans who are
desperately seeking a new hero after Frodo.

You have changed man !

I was actually leaning towards Ewoks with the new Star Wars movies but we have only had one publicity stunt I'm aware of lately and that just keeps paying dividends doesn't it?

:(

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
Anyone else remember the mug who was furious we got Daniel over Gregson after Gregson played like three games? I don't think he has an account anymore..

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
Just love how, apart from all the obvious stuff, he has improved two things in his game this year that I never thought possible. These two things I thought would hold him back from being a star. Now I'm convinced he will be.

1. Marking: he jumps very, very early now to compensate for the height differential. Remarkably effective, means he can keep his place in the chain with a mark when spoiled. Can also spoil surprisingly well himself, not sure how he does that with the height issue.

2. TACKLING: boy oh boy is this different to last year. It seems opposition players were told to take him on last year, and they walked right past. He's worked hard on this, and the change is remarkable. He sticks tackles now, and is one of the ferocious pack. Didn't think this would ever happen.

Such a smart player. This is why he is brilliant. He learns and compensates for physical deficiencies. He'll keep getting better.

There's nothing wrong with his tackling technique, or his application - it was just that bigger players were brushing him off. By the time he's 23 he'll be a ball of steel :)

Back