• Brandon Ingram

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Ben Simmons

Votes: 40 78.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There's plenty of things the Denver org doesn't do well, but I feel drafting has been superb the last few years. Nice feeling confident going into it and particularly being optimistic about the euros where we seem to have an eye.

Early days sounds like we might be using Murray as a combo so:

Mudiay/Murray
Harris/Beasley
Gallinari/Chandler
Faried/Arthur
Jokic/Nurkic

Certainly a deep team, hopefully can get us enough success to attract that big fish we desperately need (or naturally one of the young guys can take the next step).
Deep squad you guys have built! Is Lauvergne available would you say? I think he'd be a solid rotation player for a fair few teams. What about Barton?

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
Deep squad you guys have built! Is Lauvergne available would you say? I think he'd be a solid rotation player for a fair few teams. What about Barton?

I totally forgot about Barton, he certainly fits in off the bench for scoring. Joffrey would definitely be available, has plenty of NBA skills and attributes but his defence is honestly quite terrible.

Denver to win 40 games? Has Mudiay developed a jumper all of a sudden? :D

Looking forward to watching Philly, Denver and Phoenix hopefully develop. We have a really going core moving forward and it has some exciting pieces. Guess it just depends how patient we can be.......

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Looking forward to watching Philly, Denver and Phoenix hopefully develop. We have a really going core moving forward and it has some exciting pieces. Guess it just depends how patient we can be.......
+ Chandler, + Murray, + Beasley, + development from all our young players (entire squad)

+7 wins a big ask?

Should have had 40 wins last season in the first place with all the leads we blew

+ Chandler, + Murray, + Beasley, + development from all our young players (entire squad)

+7 wins a big ask?

Should have had 40 wins last season in the first place with all the leads we blew
Always a big ask when expectation is involved and also interesting new talent. Not saying it can't happen, but I'd be patient if it doesn't

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets

It'd only be 7 more wins than this season... How is that far fetched? Mudiay is 20, Jokic is 21, Nurkic is 21, Harris is 21, we've added shooting which was arguably our biggest deficiency and we should have Wilson Chandler available... Honestly I think 40 wins is a reasonable expectation, would be disappointed with less...

It'd only be 7 more wins than this season... How is that far fetched? Mudiay is 20, Jokic is 21, Nurkic is 21, Harris is 21, we've added shooting which was arguably our biggest deficiency and we should have Wilson Chandler available... Honestly I think 40 wins is a reasonable expectation, would be disappointed with less...
Not saying it's far fetched, but the biggest myth in sports is that age = potential. We just drafted two 18 yr olds. I won't be writing them off if they struggle next season, but won't wait 5 years for them to deliver either. Every lottery team looks good on paper in June.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
The only question mark over Denver is whether or not any of their players can take the next step from potential to actual all-star calibre player because they certainly have players capable of doing so. Look at a team like Orlando who are still waiting for one of their young players to develop into their franchise player that can take them from lottery team into the playoffs. Potential means nothing if its not realised (not saying the orlando roster wont realize their potential).

But in saying that going .500 is still tough especially with such a young squad in the brutal west. But they are building quite nicely for the future.

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
Not saying it's far fetched, but the biggest myth in sports is that age = potential. We just drafted two 18 yr olds. I won't be writing them off if they struggle next season, but won't wait 5 years for them to deliver either. Every lottery team looks good on paper in June.

You basically laughed it off...

And age doesn't equal potential, but potential equals potential... The players I've listed have all shown potential, and natural progression (that also comes with age) would indicate that +7 wins isn't that far reaching... I wasn't even really including the guys we drafted today.

And a fit Wilson Chandler goes a long way... We played long stretches of the season without Gallo or Chandler, forcing to use guys like Toupane and Sampson....

You basically laughed it off...
Mudiay's jumper was what I laughing at actually........all in jest.

If you can't get excited about your lottery team on draft day, then life would suck. Good luck to the Nuggs, just not against my Suns!

Hipster Doofus

Bigfooty's Neighbour
Feb 14, 2011
Apartment 5B
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings

Collison
McLemore/ Richardson
Gay/Casspi/ Butler
Cousins/ Moreland/ Labissiere
Koufos/ Caulie-Stein/ Papigiannas/ Gudiatis

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Which Cs/PFs do you see them targeting? :D

Lol, Asik.

Let's be real though, we're all playing armchair expert here. Judging any team before their entire body of off-season work is complete is premature, even those with the sketchy pasts.

Re. the Kings few people had a problem with their Robinson & McLemore picks at the time, and they went belly up. On the other hand I'm sure there was lots of "LOLKings" when they picked WCS last year when the reality was it was a decent pick.

I'm pretty sure in 2006 I was excited about Cedric Simmons and Hilton Armstrong, brought to us by the same team who drafted Chris Paul and David West.

Collison
McLemore/ Richardson
Gay/Casspi/ Butler
Cousins/ Moreland/ Labissiere
Koufos/ Caulie-Stein/ Papigiannas/ Gudiatis

Look better on paper than playing though!

Back