The ZLATAN files

How Offended are you that Zlatan is coming to United?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's just keep the premature predictions at a minimum, he may be great, decent or flop. At 34 who knows.

But to say "it's ok, he won't do anything", sounds like you're trying to convince yourself he will flop so you can sleep at night.
Im not trying to convince myself, it's just what I believe. I think he will be an ok signing, sometimes he will do something extraordinary and score a crazy goal, but he certainly isnt gonna lead United to the title IMO. Just an opinion.

Zlatan will provide entertainment along the way but really the time for him to play PL football was when he left Barca. If he can handle being part of a squad as opposed to the star man he may prove very effective. As for playing week in and out I can't see it myself at 35.

What's everyone's opinion on this guy? Personally I love his eccentric nature when giving interviews and the likes. I can imagine some don't enjoy it, but perhaps just accepted it's the way he is. But since moving to the MLS I've seen him pop up on Reddit over on /r/soccer and they seem to hate his guts over there. What am I missing? Did I have his time in Europe all wrong? Was he hated as much here, and I guess in Oz as well, or is it just the Yanks haven't taken to him or what?

It was funny years ago when he wasn't in on the joke, now it's just lame.

It was funny years ago when he wasn't in on the joke, now it's just lame.

He was always in on the joke. When he was a kid playing football in Sweden he was bullied for his different background (often by racist parents of team mates) and always struggled with feeling like he never fit in as a result. The Zlatan character he plays up to was created as a way of coping with all of that.

I agree though, it's well past the use by date now.

I enjoyed the whole "I am Zlatan" thing, I found his character very refreshing. Can see why this would also turn people off, it can be very easily interpreted as arrogance. He was able to back it up though, which I respect. Would have loved him at Arsenal, but as he told Wenger at the time; "Zlatan doesn't do auditions".

Back