Remove this Banner Ad

On the look out for :

Under 19 Rd 15 1985 Richmond goalkickers, and best players played on July 20
The match was against Fitzroy
http://tigerlandarchive.org/tiki-index.php?page=1985+Under+19s

Under 19s 1989 Rd 22 Richmondgoalkickers
Under 19s Preliminary Final replay Richmond goalkickers
http://tigerlandarchive.org/tiki-index.php?page=1989+Under+19s

And I'm struggling to find ANY 1946 Thirds (Under 19s) results for Richmond (their first year)
Can't seem to see any in Sporting Globe, or The Age (though I may have missed them)

Last edited:
On the look out for :

And I'm struggling to find ANY 1946 Thirds (Under 19s) results for Richmond (their first year)
Can't seem to see any in Sporting Globe, or The Age (though I may have missed them)

Hiding under "Other Football" is result of Nth Melb 3rds vs Richmond
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/178117750

and match vs Melbourne
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/178118878

and match vs St Kilda
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/178119425

I admit I was having trouble finding anything too, having tried Junior, Thirds, Under-19s…
but I hadn't until a few minutes ago tried 3rds , so that might show up another game or two.
Indeed, the words Third Eighteen appear in the heading for the Melb match !

Last edited:

Hiding under "Other Football" is result of Nth Melb 3rds vs Richmond

I admit I was having trouble finding anything too, having tried Junior, Thirds, Under-19s…
but I hadn't until a few minutes ago tried 3rds , so that might show up another game or two.
Indeed, the words Third Eighteen appear in the heading for the Melb match !

Wow thank you Croucher. I think I tried all variations but that.
Now it looks like they will be listed under Other Football, if they do exists, so I'll have a search through each issue.

On the look out for :

I'm assuming the Footy Record had only the scores at best for the first two.

I'm heading into the State Library in the next few days so i'll see what I can come up with there for you :)

Those are all incomplete lists.

We are currently in the process of completing these. At the moment we have the following...

VFA
Division 1 - 1897-1960; 1981,1986
Division 2 - 1981, 1986

We have the q-q scores for the remaining years and they are currently being compiled and will be imported over the coming months. We expect to have the VFA complete by around May/June, I will certainly post when it has been done.

VFL
1996-current - Every single game is complete with quarter by quarter scores.

VFL Reserves
2002-current - We are missing 1996-2001 and currently don't have a source for these scores.

We also support all other state leagues with complete q-q scores in Premiership seasons and certain years for Reserves, U19 which will be expanded over time...

AFL
Premiership Season - 1897-current
Night Series/Pre-season - 1956-1971, 1988-1999, 2003-2010, 2014-current
U18 Championship - 2014-current

SANFL
Premiership Season - 1890-current
Reserves - 2008-current
U18s - 2009-current

WAFL
Premiership Season - 1898-current
Reserves - 2009-current
U19s - 2009-current

TSL
Premiership Season - 2009-current
Reserves - 2014-current

NEAFL
Premiership Season - 2014-current

NTFL
Premier Division - 2014-current

VAFA
Premier - 2011-current
Premier B - 2011-current
Premier C - 2011-current
Division 1 - 2011-current
Division 2 - 2011-current
Division 3 - 2011-current
Division 4 - 2011-current

Plus a few smaller regional leagues.

We will be expending the above leagues (where needed) over the coming year as well, but our priority at the moment is completing the VFA which as mentioned above should be completed around May/June. We will also be rolling out some new features over the coming months which will be applicable to all leagues including the VFA.

Last edited:
Hey all. I'm a new member and I am chasing up some u19's history. Goalkickers to be exact. I have tried library and AFL clubs but that has still left me with holes. I am after the 1974, 75, 76 and 77 season. Only particular games. Before I post the required games is there anyone who may be able to help. I have been collecting scores and goalkickers for over 20 years but mainly local Geelong footy. I would appreciate any help from people who may collect footy records or have the stats I am after with them. Hope to hear soon.
Cheers

Hey all. I'm a new member and I am chasing up some u19's history. Goalkickers to be exact. I have tried library and AFL clubs but that has still left me with holes. I am after the 1974, 75, 76 and 77 season. Only particular games. Before I post the required games is there anyone who may be able to help. I have been collecting scores and goalkickers for over 20 years but mainly local Geelong footy. I would appreciate any help from people who may collect footy records or have the stats I am after with them. Hope to hear soon.
Cheers
The Football Record can be viewed/downloaded here:- http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/football-record || http://digital.slv.vic.gov.au/R/?func=collections&collection_id=1081

The goalkickers and best players should be shown every week. Sing out if you still can't find some of the details you're after, it's likely someone will be able to help.

The Age from those years could also be checked and should have the scores etc.:- https://news.google.com.au/newspapers?nid=MDQ-9Oe3GGUC&hl=en

The Football Record can be viewed/downloaded here:- http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/football-record || http://digital.slv.vic.gov.au/R/?func=collections&collection_id=1081

The goalkickers and best players should be shown every week. Sing out if you still can't find some of the details you're after, it's likely someone will be able to help.

The Age from those years could also be checked and should have the scores etc.:- https://news.google.com.au/newspapers?nid=MDQ-9Oe3GGUC&hl=en
During those years that I am after the results for the u'19s in the footy record were only of the 2 teams playing that weekend. So Geel V Haw then the results would show whoever hawks and Geelong played the week before. This means I need to find a person or people who collected every record for the round to locate all goalkickers from the previous week. BIG TASK. The library only hold one record on computer for the round and one other record off site. I have viewed all available. I have located over the last 2 years collectors which helped with a few results. I will post the games I am after tomorrow and see how I go from there. Thanks again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During those years that I am after the results for the u'19s in the footy record were only of the 2 teams playing that weekend. So Geel V Haw then the results would show whoever hawks and Geelong played the week before. This means I need to find a person or people who collected every record for the round to locate all goalkickers from the previous week. BIG TASK. The library only hold one record on computer for the round and one other record off site. I have viewed all available. I have located over the last 2 years collectors which helped with a few results. I will post the games I am after tomorrow and see how I go from there. Thanks again
I'm probably not quite getting what you mean here, but can't you just find the page showing all the U-19 scores etc. that should be in every Record. Here's the relevant page from the rd. 14 1977 Record that is available online from the State Library of Victoria. It has the final scores, goalkickers and best players for all 6 games played the previous week.

I think there's a good chance that anything the Record can't provide could be found via The Age. I'll keep an out for what you post tomorrow and hopefully it can all be sorted out well enough.

Attachments

• Football Record Rd. 14 1977 (page 25).pdf
    635.9 KB · Views: 151
I'm probably not quite getting what you mean here, but can't you just find the page showing all the U-19 scores etc. that should be in every Record. Here's the relevant page from the rd. 14 1977 Record that is available online from the State Library of Victoria. It has the final scores, goalkickers and best players for all 6 games played the previous week.

I think there's a good chance that anything the Record can't provide could be found via The Age. I'll keep an out for what you post tomorrow and hopefully it can all be sorted out well enough.
Yeh some rounds have the results and some only post 2 results. Ok the games I am after the goalkickers are:
1974 R3 all games. R5 nth v Melb. R7 stkvcoll. R8 Ess, geel and Nth goals. R9carlvFitz and Ess goals. R10 NthvColl and Haw and Melb Goals. R11 all. R12 all. R13 all R17 All and R21 all.
1975 R2 EssvSth and stkvHaw. R5 All. R6 GeelvEss. R7 CollvNth and HawvFitz. R8 All. R9 CollvStk and EssvNth. R10 RichvEss and NthvStk. R11 MelbvColl, SthvNth and EssvHaw. R12 GeelvCarl, R15 RichvHaw and MelbvEss. R17 all. R19 FootvStk and EssvColl. R20 All, R21 all. R22 all.
1976 R1 SThvGeel. R2 GeelvRich NthvHaw. R5 MelbvFitz. R6 NthvFitz SthvMelb. R7 All. R8 HawvSth. R9 SthvRich. R12 GeelvSth. R13 StkvFitz NthvHaw and RichvGeel. R15 GeelvStk. R17 FitzvNth. R18 SthvFitz RichvCarl HawvMelb. R19 HawvStk CarlvSth MelbvRich. R20 GeelvCarl SthvRich StkvMelb R21 GeelvMelb
1977 R6 FootvEss CollVCarl. R7 GeelvNth RichvEss. R10 HawvMelb RichvCarl. R12 Nthv Haw Footv Coll. R15 CarlvStk. R17 GeelvMelb. R19 CollvStk. R22 all.
1978 R22 All
1979 R22 All
1980 R22 All
Appreciate any help I can get with these games.

We are currently in the process of completing these. At the moment we have the following...

VFA
Division 1 - 1897-1960; 1981,1986
Division 2 - 1981, 1986

We have the q-q scores for the remaining years and they are currently being compiled and will be imported over the coming months. We expect to have the VFA complete by around May/June, I will certainly post when it has been done.

VFL
1996-current - Every single game is complete with quarter by quarter scores.

VFL Reserves
2002-current - We are missing 1996-2001 and currently don't have a source for these scores.

We also support all other state leagues with complete q-q scores in Premiership seasons and certain years for Reserves, U19 which will be expanded over time...

AFL
Premiership Season - 1897-current
Night Series/Pre-season - 1956-1971, 1988-1999, 2003-2010, 2014-current
U18 Championship - 2014-current

SANFL
Premiership Season - 1890-current
Reserves - 2008-current
U18s - 2009-current

WAFL
Premiership Season - 1898-current
Reserves - 2009-current
U19s - 2009-current

TSL
Premiership Season - 2009-current
Reserves - 2014-current

NEAFL
Premiership Season - 2014-current

NTFL
Premier Division - 2014-current

VAFA
Premier - 2011-current
Premier B - 2011-current
Premier C - 2011-current
Division 1 - 2011-current
Division 2 - 2011-current
Division 3 - 2011-current
Division 4 - 2011-current

Plus a few smaller regional leagues.

We will be expending the above leagues (where needed) over the coming year as well, but our priority at the moment is completing the VFA which as mentioned above should be completed around May/June. We will also be rolling out some new features over the coming months which will be applicable to all leagues including the VFA.

If you go the the VAFA website, they have a lot of back copies of The Amateur Footballer now online. That will certainly help - current online editions start from 1970, 1972/3, 1975-8, 1980, 1982/3, 1985, 1987, 1992,, 1995, 1998, 2000-6 and 2009.

If I am understanding correctly what you have written, every record for every specific round should collectively contain all the under 19 goal kickers. If this is so, have you considered contacting the MCC Library? (The library which is inside the MCG). They have a vast collection of records, and I am thinking, what are the odds they would have exactly the same records as the State Library? I have included a link to the MCC Library which hopefully leads you somewhere, as you don't need to be an MCC member in order to contact or visit the library.

https://www.mcc.org.au/mcc-reserve/mcc-library

Yeh some rounds have the results and some only post 2 results. Ok the games I am after the goalkickers are:
Appreciate any help I can get with these games.
I've only had a bit of a look at this stage but my initial confidence that this could be sorted out easily (online) via The Record/The Age quickly disappeared. I wasn't aware that so many issues of The Record failed to show all the U19 details, and looking at a few copies of The Age didn't help. The Canberra Times is available through Trove and provides reasonable football coverage, but again is not likely to extend as far as U19 goalkickers.

I've only had a bit of a look at this stage but my initial confidence that this could be sorted out easily (online) via The Record/The Age quickly disappeared. I wasn't aware that so many issues of The Record failed to show all the U19 details, and looking at a few copies of The Age didn't help. The Canberra Times is available through Trove and provides reasonable football coverage, but again is not likely to extend as far as U19 goalkickers.
Yeh it was only those mid 70's years that didn't list all results but then by 1978 they went back to listing all the results. I will contact the MCC as suggested by worbod and see how I go. I know that there is a group of historians that meet once a month in Melbourne so I could try them as well. Just thought I'd see how I went on the forum first. Thanks for your input guys and hopefully soon I can piece together the missing games.

So has anyone managed to get the complete scores for the V/AFL Reserves from 1919-1999? If not we are planning on moving onto the Reserves straight after we finish the VFA (which should be by early August).

So has anyone managed to get the complete scores for the V/AFL Reserves from 1919-1999? If not we are planning on moving onto the Reserves straight after we finish the VFA (which should be by early August).

What year are you up to?

Haven't the clubs got them?

Haven't the clubs got them?
I do not know the answer to that. Perhaps they do, I imagine people asking here for assistance are hoping to find all the details in one spot, wishing to avoid going from club to club. It's simply my guess that many of the older records (perhaps especially when it comes to Reserves and Under-19s) wouldn't be kept, at least by some clubs.

Does anyone have a more reliable answer to the question that's been posed? Rhett ( rbartlett ), perhaps?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back