• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintt

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2013
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
If they were a big club they'd have won the league in the past 50 years. How much money a club has determines success in this league, nothing Spurs can do about it.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This thread is over now mate. I won the argument and everyone's moved on with their lives

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Eriksen will move on when he's dominating the league like what he did at Ajax, he's still a top prospect but is played out of position far too often, if he makes the grade which he has the potential to do so then someone like Bayern will probably come calling. He's made most of his impact at Spurs out on the left wing due to the left wing being basically vacant since Bale started playing as a free roaming false 9 so that has been filled in by Sigurdsson, Chadli and Eriksen out there since.

He's a natural number 10 and he needs to play there, hopefully this Njie kid we just bought will play out on the left rotating with Chadli and Eriksen will then be allowed to flourish hopefully. He's a smart kid, he's a true footballer, he plays to improve himself, not for the money

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Guys, I wonder if one of the Spurs fans could tell me a bit about the club. I watch a lot of EPL, but I never "chose" a club - I waited for one to choose me, but 20 years later that still hasn't happened.

But Tottenham have some super fun young players; they are a perennial contender, but a perennial loser which removes bandwagon accusations.

On top of that, I've outlined elsewhere that I won't be watching EPL through Optus, and I'm limited to the club tv stuff on Fox Sports.

And finally - they play here in a couple of weeks (with Atletico another club I'm investigating as a possible team to support).

What can you tell me about Tottenham that would convince someone to support them?

I did a little research into them and liked they way the club and non-Jewish fans supported the Jewish fans against anti-semitism. (Even with my own personal occupation of the middle east by Israel, that's political - it's not religious, and it's definitely not sport.)

I liked that they came right from the bottom and, while it's an indictment on English football that being owned by an investment bank is a good thing, at least it's not oil money, Russian weaponry, or an American play thing.

So again, with 2 weeks for me to play some FIFA and road test this team before I see them play Atletico, what would you say to someone who is kind of open minded... but who hopes I'll fall in love with this team while they're out here?

go you pups Doctor Gero WealstoneRaider Banana Bread jd2010 (I think I've tagged the most prominent Spurs fans here?)

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Go for a west London club they are in less s**t locations. I was just in London and no way I could support spurs or arsenal. Fulham or Chelsea would be the ones
Yeah location is a real deciding factor 20,000kms away....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Guys, I wonder if one of the Spurs fans could tell me a bit about the club. I watch a lot of EPL, but I never "chose" a club - I waited for one to choose me, but 20 years later that still hasn't happened.

But Tottenham have some super fun young players; they are a perennial contender, but a perennial loser which removes bandwagon accusations.

On top of that, I've outlined elsewhere that I won't be watching EPL through Optus, and I'm limited to the club tv stuff on Fox Sports.

And finally - they play here in a couple of weeks (with Atletico another club I'm investigating as a possible team to support).

What can you tell me about Tottenham that would convince someone to support them?

I did a little research into them and liked they way the club and non-Jewish fans supported the Jewish fans against anti-semitism. (Even with my own personal occupation of the middle east by Israel, that's political - it's not religious, and it's definitely not sport.)

I liked that they came right from the bottom and, while it's an indictment on English football that being owned by an investment bank is a good thing, at least it's not oil money, Russian weaponry, or an American play thing.

So again, with 2 weeks for me to play some FIFA and road test this team before I see them play Atletico, what would you say to someone who is kind of open minded... but who hopes I'll fall in love with this team while they're out here?

go you pups Doctor Gero WealstoneRaider Banana Bread jd2010 (I think I've tagged the most prominent Spurs fans here?)
if you're already leaning that way i think you've answered the question yourself

all depends what you're looking for in a team. with us you'll get some pretty exciting football and young players/manager who could improve but who will also have their pull your hair out moments too

used to be more of a rollercoaster than it is now, but you never know with spurs what is around the corner. if london is where you want your team to be and you dont want to go one of the obvious choices it's us or palace i reckon

I dont understand picking a club. Just watch heaps of football. Your heart will eventually pull you towards one team. Then that's it.

Isn't that essentially still picking a club?

I guess it boils down to one thing, do you enjoy rock climbing?

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I dont understand picking a club. Just watch heaps of football. Your heart will eventually pull you towards one team. Then that's it.

As I said man, I've been watching EPL nearly 20 years (I think it might've been 97-98 when SBS started showing a game, and had the weekly highlights show?) - a team never "chose me". Which is why, if clubs are going to come to Australia and make it possible for me to maybe identify with them, I have to consider them.

Go for a west London club they are in less s**t locations. I was just in London and no way I could support spurs or arsenal. Fulham or Chelsea would be the ones

Yeah... I'm not planning on going to games every fortnight dude... 20 years without a team, I'm not going to rule out teams because one London location is better than the others!

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2006
Be different and choose Milwall nobbyiscool !!

Unless you specifically like rock climbing..

I'm not ruling it out... when beIN tell us what's going on with beIN Connect, and we know how much of the Championship we'll be able to watch, I'd have to consider it (and hope they don't make EPL for the duration of the Optus deal!)

It certainly won't be Milwall though ;)

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I'm not ruling it out... when beIN tell us what's going on with beIN Connect, and we know how much of the Championship we'll be able to watch, I'd have to consider it (and hope they don't make EPL for the duration of the Optus deal!)

It certainly won't be Milwall though ;)
Leyton Orient is the cool London club ;) Brentford would also be a good shout. They're a decent club.

Back