2016 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Cont. in Part 2 (link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pity we had those two crappy draft sanction/Sanderson years at a time when we should have been contending.

If we'd had more success in those years I wonder if the lure of family would have been so overpowering?
I don't believe he was ever going to do anything other than what he did - regardless of what happened along the way.

It's a pity we had those two crappy draft sanction/Sanderson years at a time when we should have been contending.

If we'd had more success in those years I wonder if the lure of family would have been so overpowering?
And he went on the couch and acknowledged that the sanctions hurt. Also wonder if we had a year like this last year if he would have bailed. Was surprised he mentioned us winning a flag before the cats in his article about leaving. Didn't think he'd publicly admit that it was something he's considered.

I always felt he embraced the city and club and was a huge chance to play out his career here. I question that now though. It could have been the plan to leave via free agency for ages. He's smart and confident enough to make the right noises.

Everything I have seen of Dangerfield since he has gone home suggests this as well. I honestly think that if they were not together and he had an Adelaide girlfriend that he would played his career here.

I suspect that if we ever happen to win a flag or make a GF and Geelong doesn't that the day will come at some point in the future where he will wonder whether he made the right decision or not.
His strange behaviour last season (almost trolling supporters) and at times awkward banter this season when talking about us on TFS makes me think that he genuinely doesn't know how to behave in this situation. Is a bit lost with it.

He's probably never let anyone down before. Is used to being the hero feted wherever he goes instead of the villain.

How do you leave a club respectfully? I'm not sure you can if you're a wanted player.

Happy to be at your new club but not too happy, because that makes it look like you couldn't wait to leave

Respectful towards your old club/team mates but not overboard because it makes it sound like part of your heart is still there

It's a difficult balance. FWIW I think he's done it about as well as he could but there's no possible way to do it that would appease Adelaide fans.

I don't blame him for leaving because we had a peanut in charge who almost ran our club aground. No player should have their career negatively impacted by off-field incompetence and have to willingly front up for more.

I don't believe he was ever going to do anything other than what he did - regardless of what happened along the way.
His comments about the draft sanctions several years out were telling IMO. That was when his unadulterated love of the club finished and the decision became more practical.[/I]

And he went on the couch and acknowledged that the sanctions hurt. Also wonder if we had a year like this last year if he would have bailed. Was surprised he mentioned us winning a flag before the cats in his article about leaving. Didn't think he'd publicly admit that it was something he's considered.

I always felt he embraced the city and club and was a huge chance to play out his career here. I question that now though. It could have been the plan to leave via free agency for ages. He's smart and confident enough to make the right noises.

The lure of home is massive. I'm leaving the military where I get paid a pretty large amount of money and benefits because I hate living in Perth. I like being around family and friends and the lifestyle I have here. I understand how he feels.

Mod Comment
Can people please stop publicly bagging moderators from other boards? If you have a problem with decisions that have been made then take it up with them. If that is a dead end and you genuinely believe you have been wronged then you can take your grievance direct to the main BigFooty moderators.

If you just want to blow off a bit of steam about something then start a PM exchange with other Crows posters who frequent the same boards as you.
None of the other boards mods seem to care when we whinge about you?

So he played 3 years of TAC cup. Not many people would know or remember that he played tac cup his first season with the crows. That'd be a league first.

There was quite a bit of controversy about allowing him to play that 3rd year of TAC. There was a bit of angst from opposition clubs.

During school holidays he would come over. From memory he played a couple of games for West Adelaide before making his debut against Essendon late in the year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

How do you leave a club respectfully? I'm not sure you can if you're a wanted player.

By not instructing your manager in being an a-hole at the negotiating table, if you want out.

Danger was worth at least the Cats two 1st rounders - 2015 and 2016.

If that deal was done, I think the AFC supporters would have been a lot more forgiving and respectful about him leaving us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By not instructing your manager in being an a-hole at the negotiating table, if you want out.

Danger was worth at least the Cats two 1st rounders - 2015 and 2016.

If that deal was done, I think the AFC supporters would have been a lot more forgiving and respectful about him leaving us.
But that would mean he'd need to disadvantage his new club

But that would mean he'd need to disadvantage his new club

I think the Cats would have been happy to pay that given the way he has performed this year if they were analyzing the deal done last year today. Didnt they give up their 1st rounder 2016 for S Selwood Lachie Henderson.?

Our Club had no leverage whatsoever at the negotiating table and the Cats had the perceived power, with Dangers manager suggesting the campaigner would sit out the year if need be.

Last edited:
Anyone who is solely desiring AFC success, would've wanted port to win against hawthorn.
Not necessarily. There is a real chance the Crows finish 5th. If Port scrape into the 8 in 8th position, then there goes any home ground advantage for us. Ticket sales will be split down the middle like the last dream final(LOL). I don't want some scrubber team like port getting equal home ground advantage when they don't deserve it.

I think the Cats would have been happy to pay that given the way he has performed this year if they were analyzing the deal done last year today. Didnt they give up their 1st rounder 2016 for S Selwood?

Our Club had no leverage whatsoever at the negotiating table and the Cats had the perceived power, with Dangers manager suggesting the campaigner would sit out the year if need be.
No they gave it up for Lachie Henderson. SSelwood was a free agent.

Actually, I think they'll get over GWS. Sportsbet give them more chance of winning than the Crows beating Geelong, not that I care about betting, but looking at the odds is always interesting.
Be a very large boilover, considering they got smashed by 15 goals when they had Hombsch, Dixon and Ebert fully fit (and Lobbe to contest against Mumford, though they've moved on from him).

Interesting that both Geelong and WCE dropped a ladder position despite winning. WCE's effort was almost as bad as a loss.

View attachment 267090
Its not Eddies fault he's a racist it's the antibiotics fault.

Whilst laying in a hospital bed after surgery, I was still feeling the effects of anaesthetic (which included fentanyl), on antibiotics, being pumped full of morphine and oxycodone hydrochloride, and I managed to avoid saying anything racist. Perhaps it's because I'm not a racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back