2017 Planning thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seasons almost done and there's going to be changes for next year. In my opinion this will happen with a few, if anyone has ideas post them

LOSE DPP

Zac Merrett (MID)
Jimmy Bartel (DEF)
Mitch Robinson (MID)
Michael Barlow (MID)
Marcus Adams (DEF)
Daniel Rich (MID)

Gain DPP

Lachie Hunter (DEF/MID)
Luke Hodge (DEF/MID)
Jack Martin (DEF/MID)
Nick Riewodlt (MID/FWD)
Leigh Montagna (DEF/MID) Changed from fwd

R Gray - MID/FWD
Jacko - DEF/RUCK
Westhoff - FWD/RUCK
Hartlett - MID/DEF
Broadbent - MID/DEF
Impey - DEF/FWD
Ryder - RUCK/FWD

would love to see Chad get Mid/Fwd, but seems unlikely
reckon we will see Robbie get DPP next year as well!

Last edited:

From my team, DPP gained (not convinced Lachie Hunter will get it) should be:

Tom Boyd to become a RUC/FWD
Caleb Daniel to become a MID/FWD
The Bont!!! to become a MID/FWD :D

Conversely, players who should lose DPP (Marcus Adams already mentioned):

Jordan Roughead to lose his DEF status
Matthew Suckling to lose his FWD status
Bailey Williams to lose his MID status
Jed Adcock & Declan Hamilton delisted :eek:

You could argue Tom Liberatore and Mitch Wallis have kicked enough goals to gain FWD status too :)

Seasons almost done and there's going to be changes for next year. In my opinion this will happen with a few, if anyone has ideas post them

LOSE DPP

Zac Merrett (MID)
Jimmy Bartel (DEF)
Mitch Robinson (MID)
Michael Barlow (MID)
Marcus Adams (DEF)
Daniel Rich (MID)

Gain DPP

Lachie Hunter (DEF/MID)
Luke Hodge (DEF/MID)
Jack Martin (DEF/MID)
Nick Riewodlt (MID/FWD)
Leigh Montagna (DEF/MID) Changed from fwd

With 6 rounds to go I'll wait till Nov to think about 2017sc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would like Hanley to get DPP, but wont be getting Hodge, not matter if he was def/fwd/mid/ruck on merit
* merit. If they score they're in. Hodge was HUGE last year. My best pick.

What will the banned Essendon players be valued at? Some solid picks in hurley, heppell and hibberd.

I reckon Essendon players are a dicey prospect next year. Could break a lot of teams. If Heppell and Hurley get discounts they might be worth a look, Heppell more so than Hurley, who can go missing. I'm not touching Hibberd. Watson... who knows?

ZMerrett might end up being overpriced after a great 2016 but more mid competition might limit his opportunity next year.

Zaharakis is interesting. A lot of people will go off him after his back end to this season, but he won't be copping a tag next year.

I reckon Essendon players are a dicey prospect next year. Could break a lot of teams. If Heppell and Hurley get discounts they might be worth a look, Heppell more so than Hurley, who can go missing. I'm not touching Hibberd. Watson... who knows?

ZMerrett might end up being overpriced after a great 2016 but more mid competition might limit his opportunity next year.

Zaharakis is interesting. A lot of people will go off him after his back end to this season, but he won't be copping a tag next year.
even without copping the tag and having the others in the side, Zaharakis' highest average in a season is 91 (2011), and hasnt averaged over 90 in any other season (bar 2011 and 2013)

Who else will be tagged?

It's the Rich v Rockliff theory

even without copping the tag and having the others in the side, Zaharakis' highest average in a season is 91 (2011), and hasnt averaged over 90 in any other season (bar 2011 and 2013)

Yeah I won't be taking him next year. I will watch with some interest though.

Who else will be tagged?

It's the Rich v Rockliff theory

I'd think Heppell and Merrett both ahead of Zaka. Possible he might get tagged because people know he can't handle it I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back