Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our boy Taberner is now 12th in the AFL for contested marks...... 12th!!!!!!

Take out players who haven't played more than 5 games and he is 8th in the entire comp for average contested marks.

Delist, not even WAFL standard. Yes, people actually said that.

Developing nicely is Tabs.

Anyone else get the email from the club saying :
"We noticed that you didn't attend our last home game against Geelong and we missed your support and passion at Domain Stadium."
but you were actually at the game??
Sophisticated data collection right there!!:eek:
It'll be the Steves.:rolleyes:

Anyone else get the email from the club saying :
"We noticed that you didn't attend our last home game against Geelong and we missed your support and passion at Domain Stadium."
but you were actually at the game??
Sophisticated data collection right there!!:eek:
It'll be the Steves.:rolleyes:

I didn't get it this week, but that did happen to me once last year.

I've gotten that a couple of times when I've forgotten my tickets and had to get replacement paper stubbs at the membership hut.

I would've thought the computer system would still register the membership numbers as being used.

I emailed the club and told them I was there and got this:

Thank you for your email and letting us know.
At times, the scanners at Domain Stadium will not work correctly when your membership card is scanned, which therefore mean our system picks up that you did not attend.
If you receive an email like this in the future, and have been to the game, feel free to ignore it as it was a scanning error.
If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact the Fremantle Dockers Membership Department on (08) 9433 7111.

Kind Regards,

Matthew Porra
Membership Services Officer

I've just walked through a few times, without getting the barcode scanned, particularly when they are taking their time/there's a few people waiting. I usually have it out, and wave it in their general direction and when I get to the end of the entry and nobody has scanned it, just keep walking.

#gangsta.

Did Jimmy Walker win the sprint for us one year? Yet he never really seemed that pacey onfield. Will watch Darcy with interest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a generally paranoid person I wondered if the smoke from our fireworks at home games would be bad for the players/punters. It is: https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2010-11/f-sf-sff111610.php

"The toxicological research has shown that many of the metallic particles in the smoke from fireworks are bio-reactive and can affect human health", Teresa Moreno, a researcher from the IDAEA (CSIC) and lead author of a study that has been published this week in the Journal of Hazardous Materials, tells SINC.

The different colours and effects produced in these displays are achieved by adding metals to the gunpowder. When a pyrotechnic display takes place it releases a lot of smoke, liberating minute metallic particles (of a few microns in size, or even less), which are small enough to be inhaled deeply into the lungs.

"This poses a risk to health, and the effects are probably more acute in people with a background of asthma or cardiovascular problems", Moreno explains. "The effects in healthy people are still unknown, but common sense tells us it cannot be good to inhale the high levels of metallic particles in this smoke, even if this only happens a few times a year".

It can't be good running around in that smoke semi-regularly. I say we stop the nasty fireworks. Someone write up a petition.

As a generally paranoid person I wondered if the smoke from our fireworks at home games would be bad for the players/punters. It is: https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2010-11/f-sf-sff111610.php

It can't be good running around in that smoke semi-regularly. I say we stop the nasty fireworks. Someone write up a petition.

If 50-100 people like your post then there's our petition ready-made to email the club. Thank you for writing this. It's been bothering me no end.

Ban all fireworks I say, stupid ******* things they are.

I love fireworks and hated the ban on private use when it was imposed. I just don't want smoke all over the field and our players being forced to inhale that s**t. It's madness.

Gung He Fat Choi in Ho Chi Minh or similar is the place for fireworks.
Goes on for a week and a half;splendid celebration.

They're also fun to make.
Give me the shits at the footy.
Hahaha you should go to south east Asia stadium where most of audience smoke watching matches .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back