GWS Giants Merchandise

Remove this Banner Ad

CogsObsession

Rookie
May 11, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Besides the game (fantastic win for the 100th game) did anyone else purchase the limited edition Shane Mumford bobble head that was made available? It seemed like it was a good seller with the fans (I think we'll all be bobbling his head today for those that got one lol) and perhaps it'll open the door for some other players to get the same treatment throughout the season or down the track? Is there any interest in seeing more senior players released as bobble heads?

Another big piece of merchandise that was meant to be released this week at the game was the neat looking 100th GWS AFL Match Guernsey (with all players, coaches and milestones listed on the back) but sadly didn't arrive in time at the game or post match function :( so that was a little bit disappointing. It should be available online in the near future. Do you purchase all the different guernseys they release? Indigenous? 100th game?

What other weird and wacky GWS Giants merchandise is out there that you've bought or seen?

You're probably aware that they often auction off the match-worn special jerseys - they've done that for the indigenous jerseys, the 'named' jerseys, and last year's Anzac Day clash jerseys. So you can likely expect the 100th game jerseys to come up in the next week or so. Those are pretty special for followers.

Last edited:

They did end up auctioning the 100th game Guernseys, here's the top 10 total, not sure if anyone here managed to score one?:

Shaw #23 - $550.00
Davis #1 - $530
Shiel #5 - $450
Ward #8 - $410
Cameron #18 - $400
Johnson #17 - $391
Coniglio #3 - $362
Mumford #41 - $360
Greene #4 - $340
Hopper #2 - $300

The normal release was said to be up to a month away (2-3 weeks away at this stage) for those that ordered one.

In other merchandise news GWS will be releasing a Multicultural Guernsey (feels like a new one every game at this rate) which has a 4 colourful arms and hands on the front which is currently available to purchase. Anyone going to purchase this one?

They did end up auctioning the 100th game Guernseys, here's the top 10 total, not sure if anyone here managed to score one?:

Shaw #23 - $550.00
Davis #1 - $530
Shiel #5 - $450
Ward #8 - $410
Cameron #18 - $400
Johnson #17 - $391
Coniglio #3 - $362
Mumford #41 - $360
Greene #4 - $340
Hopper #2 - $300

The normal release was said to be up to a month away (2-3 weeks away at this stage) for those that ordered one.

In other merchandise news GWS will be releasing a Multicultural Guernsey (feels like a new one every game at this rate) which has a 4 colourful arms and hands on the front which is currently available to purchase. Anyone going to purchase this one?
Not on your life.

Easily the worst Guernsey we've had.

Because 99% of our guernseys have been awesome (this multi-cultural one and '16 Indigenous are the only bad ones) when we get it wrong, it stands out as a failure.

Shaw #23 - $550.00
Davis #1 - $530
Shiel #5 - $450
Ward #8 - $410
Cameron #18 - $400
Johnson #17 - $391
Coniglio #3 - $362
Mumford #41 - $360
Greene #4 - $340
Hopper #2 - $300

We bought josh Kelly's after being outbid on Zach Williams

Because 99% of our guernseys have been awesome (this multi-cultural one and '16 Indigenous are the only bad ones) when we get it wrong, it stands out as a failure.

I didn't mind the '16 Indigenous guernsey at all, it still looked pretty decent when compared to past versions. The Multicultural one seemed tacky though, maybe it could've worked better with out the 4 arms and just had the blue pattern instead? They auctioned them tonight with only half selling:

Davis #1 - $180
Coniglio #3 - $430
Greene #4 - $160
Shiel #5 - #280
Whitfield #6 - $150
Ward #8 -$250
Scully #9 - $150
Smith #10 - $150
Steele #11 - $150
Patton #12 - $201
Wilson #16 - $150
Johnson #17 - $351
Cameron #18 - $361
Haynes #19 - $150
Buntine #21 - $150
Kelly #22 - $150
Shaw #23 - $210
Patfull - $150
Williams #29 - $150
Griffen #32 - $150
Marchbank #34 - $150
Lobb #37 - $160
Mumford #41 - $210

Everyone else's (20 in total) didn't sell, no fans for a few of the players :(

Better design next time would be needed.

I didn't mind the '16 Indigenous guernsey at all, it still looked pretty decent when compared to past versions. The Multicultural one seemed tacky though, maybe it could've worked better with out the 4 arms and just had the blue pattern instead? They auctioned them tonight with only half selling:

Davis #1 - $180
Coniglio #3 - $430
Greene #4 - $160
Shiel #5 - #280
Whitfield #6 - $150
Ward #8 -$250
Scully #9 - $150
Smith #10 - $150
Steele #11 - $150
Patton #12 - $201
Wilson #16 - $150
Johnson #17 - $351
Cameron #18 - $361
Haynes #19 - $150
Buntine #21 - $150
Kelly #22 - $150
Shaw #23 - $210
Patfull - $150
Williams #29 - $150
Griffen #32 - $150
Marchbank #34 - $150
Lobb #37 - $160
Mumford #41 - $210

Everyone else's (20 in total) didn't sell, no fans for a few of the players :(

Better design next time would be needed.
There are couple on that list that didn't even suit up due injury. Not really a match worn jumper?

There are couple on that list that didn't even suit up due injury. Not really a match worn jumper?

There's that yes. They do state in the auction - "*Please note – Only those players that partake in the match will be match worn, all others will be signed player edition*" But some of those that didn't sell did play in the NEAFL game before round 16 so perhaps some of those were used in that game as they did use the multicultural guernseys and I don't think they had the hideous NEAFL on them from memory? Interesting.

My 100th game Guernsey replica arrived yesterday so keep an eye out for those that ordered one. Did many people order one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi there... random request, but are any of you able to do a high resolution scan/flat photograph of the 100 game guernsey. There is a website that chronicles AFL guernsey design, and recreating that guernsey with all the photos on it has been an absolute nightmare.

We bought josh Kelly's after being outbid on Zach Williams
It arrived yesterday, and I totally cocked that up, we actually won Zach's after being outbid on Josh's :p

Signed back and front which is awesome, hanging in the garage to air for a while as framing as it is it might rot lol

It arrived yesterday, and I totally cocked that up, we actually won Zach's after being outbid on Josh's :p

Signed back and front which is awesome, hanging in the garage to air for a while as framing as it is it might rot lol

So exactly what jumpers do you have? Are they all match-worn? By whom?

So exactly what jumpers do you have? Are they all match-worn? By whom?

All the ones we buy are matchworm, I look like a pregnant seal in one so mostly buy to display not wear..
From the 100th, just Zach's
Curtly's from the Indigenous round 2 years ago
Callans, Kelly's, WHE's and 2 x Lachie Whitfields from different games (One on display and one my wife wears)
My wife won a team signed one in a club promotion a couple of years ago which isn't match worn though

My wife won a team signed one in a club promotion a couple of years ago which isn't match worn though

I won a 2016 team signed one at the Mighty Penrith Giants trivia night last weekend.

Goes with our Kenners foundation member match worn Guernsey and our took several attempts but eventually got all of the 2014 squad signed Guernsey.

The promo last year with the lucky tickets / coins on seats last year won us a team signed guernsey. Unfortunately they were giving away smalls and I must definitely am not. Wife was quite chuffed though when I handed it over.

All the ones we buy are matchworm, I look like a pregnant seal in one so mostly buy to display not wear..
From the 100th, just Zach's
Curtly's from the Indigenous round 2 years ago
Callans, Kelly's, WHE's and 2 x Lachie Whitfields from different games (One on display and one my wife wears)

That's an impressive collection.

Ellie has outlined our haul. The 2014 squad signed one is actually our son's guernsey from 2012 which is a size 8 (pretty damned small) which he outgrew pretty quickly - it took us a while to get all the signatures at various functions and pre and post games etc. they hang on the wall next to a very small Brumbies jumper signed by Gregan, Larkham, Paul, Mortlock and a couple of others from the night they unveiled the Gregan/Larkham Stand at Bruce Stadium.

The match worn Kenners one is problematical though with regard to framing. My name is on the front while Ellie's and Young Master's names are both on the back. So it, like the others, are just on coat hangers hanging from picture hooks while I figure out how to get around that.

The match worn Kenners one is problematical though with regard to framing. My name is on the front while Ellie's and Young Master's names are both on the back. So it, like the others, are just on coat hangers hanging from picture hooks while I figure out how to get around that.

Get a big glass feature case in the middle of the room and hang it in there, obviously!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back