Player Watch Ben Sinclair (Retired 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's concerning that while it was a heavy hit, it didn't look like one that should leave you concussed and unable to continue. It seems like he is especially prone now
Yep.. didn't see any head contact in it. He remains a list liability. Has trade value now though.

itsrobbiet

Debutant
Oct 12, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Very concerning he needs to go to hospital after hits like that.

Another concussion any time soon and he needs to think about retirement, no joke

It's a worry for him. I would be surprised if they sit him for the rest of the year. Has had a few now. Can't believe I'd ever say this but we missed his run tonight

DRIZZT

All Australian
Jul 17, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ben Sinclair.. played 4 weeks of good footy this year.. just injured himself in a really stupid way in the first 15 minutes of a big game.. thought he'd show how hard at it he is and plow into a Norf player really hard.. not to tackle.. not to win the ball.. just to plow in and show everyone how hard and enthusiastic he is. Result.. another concussion and we are down a player within the first 15 minutes. This act sums up his career... sums up his value to the team and the Collingwood football club.
Absolutely shithouse of a post. Not surprising though, your taking it to a new level this year.
Gutless!!!!!!!

Ketchup

Cancelled
May 9, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Aberdeen FC
It's a real shame. Always been a fan. But needs to consider life after football now.

Yezeha

All Australian
Feb 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Pray for Benny. He's had a good month and missing him tonight hurt us a bit.

Feb 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't even look like the head got a knock. Hope he is ok. If he is getting a concussion from shoulder contact he needs to retire forfor his own good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a real shame. Always been a fan. But needs to consider life after football now.

Absolutely agree.

For a player with a history of concussions to suffer such an innocuous brain injury requiring hospitalisation is terrifying and retirement should be looked at as ensuring quality of life post football rather than early career ending (similar to Caracalla)

All the best to the lad I genuinely hope he recovers and can stay healthy!

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wont waste anymore of my time on you. You know what irony means right? Calling me a keyboard hero after you bagging one of our best players over last month for putting his body on the line. Weak as piss!!!
You didn't have to waste any time on me in the first place bud.. I don't rate your opinion or want to hear it so why'd you bother? But for what it's worth... He got himself injured AGAIN for no reason in the first 15 minutes. He attacked the man, not tackling, not getting the ball and knocked himself out in the first 15 minutes and we play the rest of the match with a man down. He is serially injured and a liability on our list. If he got injured laying a tackle or doing something useful for the team then you might have a point. Another year.. and Sinclair will spend half of it in the sick bay like he does every other year. He's not that good.. and this is exactly what makes him a list liability. Good luck having a settled back 6 with him in the best 22!

Nicco_jj

Bigfooty Kid
Apr 27, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
You didn't have to waste any time on me in the first place bud.. I don't rate your opinion or want to hear it so why'd you bother? But for what it's worth... He got himself injured AGAIN for no reason in the first 15 minutes. He attacked the man, not tackling, not getting the ball and knocked himself out in the first 15 minutes and we play the rest of the match with a man down. He is serially injured and a liability on our list. If he got injured laying a tackle or doing something useful for the team then you might have a point. Another year.. and Sinclair will spend half of it in the sick bay like he does every other year. He's not that good.. and this is exactly what makes him a list liability. Good luck having a settled back 6 with him in the best 22!

You're talking as though he intentionally got himself concussed. Don't be ridiculous.

Take a rest mate. I think you really need a lie down and think about stuff.

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Hope he doesn't have to retire. Been the best month of footy I've seen from a Collingwood player this year. Hunter retired for us with something similar?

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
How many concussions has ben had? Isnt it after a certain amount you are forced to retired?

I really liked bens past month, but 95 percent of the afl wouldnt of been concussed from that hit..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back