Brad Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol some of the responses on here are absolutely baffling. We are garbage atm, if a player like Brad Hill wants to come home, we don't sell the farm but we make it happen. He's got premiership experience, line breaking ability, speed, endurance, good skills and a bit of mongrel about him. He'd slot straight onto a wing for us no problems.
agree with all that you have said, apart from "a bit of mongrel".. Brad has a bit of butter in him..
I just pray we hang onto Langdon, he is showing more than Weller atm.

Last edited:
agree with all that you have said, apart from "a bit of mongrel".. Brad had a bit of butter in him..
Langdon's pace and kicking is seriously something. But get the feeling as the coaches know he's leaving hence playing for Peel more then he should.

Yeah cos Hawthorn are reknown for being really easy to deal with. I'm sure they'll give us a bargain basement deal.

Back in the real world, they will genuinely want a first rounder.

I wouldn't have thought we're difficult to deal with, we've got a lot of deals done over the years band many of them quickly. Graeme Wright is astute though and may look to tie into a gws deal or add something to up the ante on the deal. I reckon Brad will do well at freo. He's underperformed this year but has real ability and x factor at his best

Lol some of the responses on here are absolutely baffling. We are garbage atm, if a player like Brad Hill wants to come home, we don't sell the farm but we make it happen. He's got premiership experience, line breaking ability, speed, endurance, good skills and a bit of mongrel about him. He'd slot straight onto a wing for us no problems.
Tbh why not offer Sheridan and a pick. Very similar in terms of roles plus Tommy is Victorian, has the 'go home factor'. No point having players such as Sheridan/B. Hill/ Suttclife/Croizer given how similar they are.

Tbh why not offer Sheridan and a pick. Very similar in terms of roles plus Tommy is Victorian, has the 'go home factor'. No point having players such as Sheridan/B. Hill/ Suttclife/Croizer given how similar they are.

Don't think they'll want Sheridan. They have a very similiar type in Hartung who they'll think (rightly or wrongly) is better placed to replace Hill.

Just can't see how this trade happens tbh.

I wouldn't have thought we're difficult to deal with, we've got a lot of deals done over the years band many of them quickly. Graeme Wright is astute though and may look to tie into a gws deal or add something to up the ante on the deal. I reckon Brad will do well at freo. He's underperformed this year but has real ability and x factor at his best

Why would you just give him up for what he's probably worth? He's under contract and he has 3 flags (which always magically increases a player's ability). You have the upper hand in any negotiations unless Hill is prepared to do a McCarthy (which is not happening).

agree with all that you have said, apart from "a bit of mongrel".. Brad has a bit of butter in him..

Whilst I would also love to keep Langdon and do rate him, the current form of Weller could be more to do with needing a rest than ability.

Why would you just give him up for what he's probably worth? He's under contract and he has 3 flags (which always magically increases a player's ability). You have the upper hand in any negotiations unless Hill is prepared to do a McCarthy (which is not happening).

Whats he's worth is where we think we've got less than we could've and you feel you've slightly overpaid. Theres a win win there somehow be it our two clubs or involve a third. Better for us to do it this year while he's under contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats he's worth is where we think we've got less than we could've and you feel you've slightly overpaid. Theres a win win there somehow be it our two clubs or involve a third. Better for us to do it this year while he's under contract

That's the problem - I think he's worth more to Hawthorn than he is to us.

We're a pretty shit team at the moment, and Hill is exactly the sort of player that would struggle in a shit team. Even at Hawthorn he's only looking OK, and his entire game revolves around teammates making the play with him finishing it off.

He'd be worth something around the same as what Brisbane gave up for Allen Christensen in 2014. Pick 21. Both young players who have played in good teams and have finals experience.

Cant believe story come out from the west will had people so interested in brad hill.

Would love to extract Weller for Hill and Litherland but probably won't happen. Hayden Crozier and steak knives could get a deal done.
Litherland will be delisted in two years, Hill wants out, and Weller is 20 and basically our brightest youngster. Are you crazy man? Weller for O'Rourke and Sicily or something and there's some definite possibility, but this is deluded.

For what it's worth I hope Fremantle go hard for Litherland. Not pay overs, but stay in his ears. I like the unique way he plays defensively. WA country boy, come on down.

He'd be worth something around the same as what Brisbane gave up for Allen Christensen in 2014. Pick 21. Both young players who have played in good teams and have finals experience.
And what's Christensen done? Absolutely nothing. Another front runner who coasted in a really good side, and who has so much innuendo surrounding his quitting of the Cats.

Honestly anything other than a third rounder and throwing in like a Sherro will end up looking like a Des Headland 2.0.

Good to see some cynicism on here though. Was much missed during the absolute farce that Sylvia was. Go look at the posts on there and look at the fans and haters, and so who came out trumps.

And what's Christensen done? Absolutely nothing. Another front runner who coasted in a really good side, and who has so much innuendo surrounding his quitting of the Cats.

Honestly anything other than a third rounder and throwing in like a Sherro will end up looking like a Des Headland 2.0.

Good to see some cynicism on here though. Was much missed during the absolute farce that Sylvia was. Go look at the posts on there and look at the fans and haters, and so who came out trumps.

It hasn't worked out for Brisbane and that's why I mentioned it as a comparison - especially when you'd consider the negotiations of what someone is worth when they change teams to a club lower on the ladder, and actually Christensen is/was a better inside mid/ contested ball winner than Brad Hill (rather than the frontrunner you say) and has had some injury issues in an injury depleted midfield at Brisbane - but its interesting to see what kind of impact a player can have in a new team taken out of a team with a better game plan and better skilled players. Not much.

Hill's career so far is about 80% wins, which is probably at the top end of players in the competition - so he's not use to losing. (In comparison - probably the most successful player in Fremantle's history in terms of win/loss is Lee Spurr at around 67% because he came into the team as we were on the rise in the middle of 2012.)

Last edited:
Usually 3 way deals happen to allow flexibility in movement.
2 of the players are linked to us. So in my view we need to deal with Hawks and then deal with GWS.

Hawks and GWS have no interest with one another, unless we drag more players into the mix.
Actually they might be on to something. Hawks have been talked to have interest in some GWS lads. So maybe a Brad Hill trade to Freo with GWS involved could be great.

Actually they might be on to something. Hawks have been talked to have interest in some GWS lads. So maybe a Brad Hill trade to Freo with GWS involved could be great.
Realistically, a third club being involved is probably the best chance of this happening, or freo trading out a player like Ibboston for example for a second round pick.

Realistically, a third club being involved is probably the best chance of this happening, or freo trading out a player like Ibboston for example for a second round pick.
Someone mentioned Litherland above... have him. Has embarrassed Tucky's number.

If not I am a fan of Tucker, Balic & Grey.

Yeah that's garbage.

Pearce doesn't win much hard ball.

Brad's no Leigh Matthews but he goes ok
What is his average for contested possession? 3.5?

He gets the ball put perfectly into space for him when he runs forward on the 45. We don't have that kicking ability to feed him the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back