Brad Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of interest, when was the last time the swans missed the 8? Gives an indication of how ridiculous their concessions r. Every other team has to bottom out at some point. Not them.

I think that's slightly unfair as a big reason has been their recruiting and drafting. Our only Academy player before Heeney and Mills was Craig Bird. Mitchell the sole Father/Son.

No priority picks. McVeigh the only top 5 pick from memory prior to Mills and Buddy

I think that's slightly unfair as a big reason has been their recruiting and drafting. Our only Academy player before Heeney and Mills was Craig Bird. Mitchell the sole Father/Son.

No priority picks. McVeigh the only top 5 pick from memory prior to Mills and Buddy
Didn't having the COLA allowance allow you to get in players, eg Buddy, though. Srs question. If correct that has given the Swans (and others when applicable) a big leg-up.

I meant as a reason for our recent prolonged success.
But earlier you thought it was relevant to bring up ours from more than a decade ago ;) Time to move on please. I think it's pretty clear the GWS's handling of McCarthy was a farce. We clearly won't have to deal with that crap looking at Brad Hill. The AFL are already moving to close down many of the academy club concessions so it's obvious they see the imbalance as well.

Didn't having the COLA allowance allow you to get in players, eg Buddy, though. Srs question. If correct that has given the Swans (and others when applicable) a big leg-up.
It definitely gave a leg up. The same way getting Ablett, J. Brown and Scarlett for third rounders and priority picks that allowed teams to get Judd, Pav, Roughead and many more. Those have all since been abolished along with COLA.

But earlier you thought it was relevant to bring up ours from more than a decade ago ;) Time to move on please. I think it's pretty clear the GWS's handling of McCarthy was a farce. We clearly won't have to deal with that crap looking at Brad Hill. The AFL are already moving to close down many of the academy club concessions so it's obvious they see the imbalance as well.
The main difference being that Hodge is still playing.

Litherland will be delisted in two years, Hill wants out, and Weller is 20 and basically our brightest youngster. Are you crazy man? Weller for O'Rourke and Sicily or something and there's some definite possibility, but this is deluded.

For what it's worth I hope Fremantle go hard for Litherland. Not pay overs, but stay in his ears. I like the unique way he plays defensively. WA country boy, come on down.
Litherland via the Preseason Draft is something we should look into. His kicking has improved massively and is very athletic.

I can't see us getting a draft pick for Clarke. Even third rounder.

With his current inability to jump I would have to agree. We really don't know if his knees are going to get any better which is the whole story on his value at trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Clarkson interviewed yesterday he seemed resigned to the fact that Brad is coming to Freo, and the Hawks will try and get a deal done.

I've no doubt he'll be at Freo next year the question is for what.

Saw the interview too and don't think there's any guarantee;could easily end with us unwilling to meet Hawks requirement.
He's out of contract at the end of 2017 so we'll get him eventually you'd think.

Saw the interview too and don't think there's any guarantee;could easily end with us unwilling to meet Hawks requirement.
He's out of contract at the end of 2017 so we'll get him eventually you'd think.
Hawks seem surprisingly good to deal with. They always seem to get deals done quickly for the right price. No doubt they will meet with freo before the end of the season, and nut out the details before trade period.

Somehow I think Hawks will move quick on this one. They don't come across as a side willing to play hardball as such. I mean that with respect. If they want a player they pay their worth. If one doesn't want to be with them I'd imagine Clarko said F off then. Not saying they'll bend over, just saying if a reasonable deal can be made they'll do it.
Don't think there'll be a kings ransom.

Brad hill sounds good but at what price. Our immediate needs are obviously kpp's. If we miss out on a key forward/ defender or ruck ths year we're going to ruin development plans. I think we need to nail english and marshall/rotham on top of mccarthy. Then consider the cream, ie b hill, and mature agers like liam ryan addressing holes in the list?

I saw Clarkson interviewed yesterday he seemed resigned to the fact that Brad is coming to Freo, and the Hawks will try and get a deal done.

Ill say Ed Langdon and the compensation pick we get for Mayne (who hopefully leaves) will be the trade that eventuates in reality rather the footy forums where the bias of what is 'fair' is directly linked to the team you support.
I also think Litherland will come to us in the Preseason Draft after Essendon re-drafts Dea and Brisbane get Witts.
Bookmark it.

Brad hill sounds good but at what price. Our immediate needs are obviously kpp's. If we miss out on a key forward/ defender or ruck ths year we're going to ruin development plans. I think we need to nail english and marshall/rotham on top of mccarthy. Then consider the cream, ie b hill, and mature agers like liam ryan addressing holes in the list?
Getting more and carry into our team is also a massive need too. Even more so in our case as we have the option of playing Fyfe forward moe and have at least two decent key forwards in Apeness and Tabs on our list already.

We're assuming he fits an identified need(which I think he does)and that he is prioritised above other selections or potential trades for a mobile forward/ruck other cheaper outside runners,whether we're getting Petrevski-Seton or who with our first pick??? etc etc.We're beginning a new list management model which threatens extensive change this year.I'm simply saying Brad may or may not fit our priorities.It may happen but we don't want to get ahead of ourselves and assume it's set in concrete.
I think there's a bit of water to go under the bridge before we can conclude this is inevitable.
Of course the Hawks are willing to do business;they're professional not a stinking dung pile rabble like McCarthy's jailers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back