List Mgmt. 2016 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a good kick for goal on the run, probably our best but in the midfield his decision making by foot is poor, he often picks a 50m option and puts it on someone's head who's quickly swamped
I also don't find him very creative by foot either
Yeah fair call, he does seem to float them a bit. Forwards would hate that sh*t.
Looks a classy mover and all the rest of it but definitely needs to work on his disposal.

Not in Alberta. How long have you been in Canada TopKent? I'm looking at moving to BC in eighteen months (wife wants to move home) but wages look shithouse...
I've been here 4 and half years with a year in Australia sandwiched
Mate the wages are horrible, there's a reason there's a tonne of aussies in Canada and not many in Australia
Unless you have a certificate in something your gonna struggle

I'm surprised and disappointed how poor Tysons decision making by foot is for a number 2 draft pick
We really need Salem to come on or else it's been a poor bit of business ( which was 100% worth the risk at the time)
Tyson has more than justified the number 2 pick. This is still only his third full season and he's reliable for a midfield as competitive as ours. He's not breaking games open like he was in 2014 but a lot of that comes down to adjusting to a new role and his defensive work is really good these days. Needs to step it up next year though.

Tyson has more than justified the number 2 pick. This is still only his third full season and he's reliable for a midfield as competitive as ours. He's not breaking games open like he was in 2014 but a lot of that comes down to adjusting to a new role and his defensive work is really good these days. Needs to step it up next year though.

Take your melbourne hat off though and look at the objectively and id say Kelly is looking more like the player we needed*

*Unless Salem can become that player

I just went back and had a look at the 2011 draft and I'm not sure if it was effected because of the 17 year old picks or something but that's gotta be the worst draft in recent memory

Kelly is icing - Tyson is a better player.

We definitely needed an extractor before we needed a linkup runner at the time.

Tyson has a weakness with his disposal by foot, but I reckon he's had a good year actually. He is excellent in tight and has brought some solid defensive running and tackling into his game.

I'm still quite comfortable with that trade.

Take your melbourne hat off though and look at the objectively and id say Kelly is looking more like the player we needed*

*Unless Salem can become that player

I just went back and had a look at the 2011 draft and I'm not sure if it was effected because of the 17 year old picks or something but that's gotta be the worst draft in recent memory
Eh I don't rate Kelly regardless of Tyson. Definitely didn't want him pre-draft, would have preferred Billings of Scharenberg. Give me the Bont over Tyson and Salem - otherwise I'm happy with what we got.

My only concern is if we were so happy with Tyson why did we then draft Brayshaw, Oliver, ANB, AVB etc who are all midfield extractors
Kelly is icing - Tyson is a better player.

Is Tyson a better player? Statically there seasons match up with Kelly kicking more goals and Tyson having more clearances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My only concern is if we were so happy with Tyson why did we then draft Brayshaw, Oliver, ANB, AVB etc who are all midfield extractors

Is Tyson a better player? Statically there seasons match up with Kelly kicking more goals and Tyson having more clearances
I think the club is paranoid about drafting an outside player given our past success rate. ie Morton, Gysberts, Toumpas, Blease etc.

Also easier to draft outside players later in the draft IMO.

Brad Hill met with Lyon during the week, he won't command a huge salary but more players that aren't Jesse being linked with Freo is always a good thing.
True, that could be the thing ive argued about most on this board

Because we drafted them early.

Morton, Scully, Blease, Toumpas...
Um Scully is not an outside player. He's arguably one of the better contested ball winners/clearance players we've had. Just been playing a different role at GWS.

Um Scully is not an outside player. He's arguably one of the better contested ball winners/clearance players we've had. Just been playing a different role at GWS.

He's an outside player mate he would rack up an incredible amount of ks linking play up
He can play inside but it's not his job nor the reason he was drafted

This may not be a popular opinion but we need to seriously look at Vickery as a FA. Unless there is another Forward/ruck out there. We can't sustain Watts playing 5 or so mins a qtr in the ruck. He needs to be in the forward line. A player like Vickery would also allow us to Gawn up forward more. Another option would be Daw but can't see north letting him go.

This may not be a popular opinion but we need to seriously look at Vickery as a FA. Unless there is another Forward/ruck out there. We can't sustain Watts playing 5 or so mins a qtr in the ruck. He needs to be in the forward line. A player like Vickery would also allow us to Gawn up forward more. Another option would be Daw but can't see north letting him go.

Get your own terrible idea
My preferred option would be Nathan Vardy from the cats
Will come cheap but the kid can take a good mark and spend more time forward than the ruck
Still young enough to put his injury problems behind him

Will come cheap but the kid can take a good mark and spend more time forward than the ruck
Vardy is another one to consider. Very injury prone so far. Think he copped an ankle injury in weekend to. But should come cheap.

Yeah I hadn't thought much about getting Vickery pre Ox comments. But it makes sense if he comes at right $.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back