Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

looks like he was only calling outt GGG to get some press! willl probably fight Saunders now
Looks like Tyson Fury and Joshua for Christmas was also only a dream... :(

MY GOD IS THE ONE TRUE GOD, EVERYBODY THOUGHT I WAS A MANCHILD, BUT THE RIGHT MAN HEARD MY PRAYS AND I'VE BEEN ELEVATED TO HALF A *EN GENIUS.

Tyson vs Ali.
Tyson if boxing rules applied and enforced, otherwise Mr Muhammad would win.

wilder vs joshua someone put me out of my misery and make that fight please..

Also Ward vs Kovalev

ok im not a big boxing fan but green v mundine II they are saying 10 mil each will they even sell enough to get that kind of pay day ?

To me it's more about celebrity and the beef between the pair - both are well past it. But every fight showing pub in the country will buy it and the punters will turn out.

FWIW I'm expecting mundine to school him again. IMO Greens power looks gone and he has simply outboxed stationary and stand up type fighters in recent years... mundine will come in light and once again dance around him and get the decision.

To me it's more about celebrity and the beef between the pair - both are well past it. But every fight showing pub in the country will buy it and the punters will turn out.

FWIW I'm expecting mundine to school him again. IMO Greens power looks gone and he has simply outboxed stationary and stand up type fighters in recent years... mundine will come in light and once again dance around him and get the decision.
is green not fighting a few divisons above Choc these days ? I also thought Green was already booked ?

ok im not a big boxing fan but green v mundine II they are saying 10 mil each will they even sell enough to get that kind of pay day ?
Nothing more than a novelty match these days.
Might as well roll out Tyson Holyfield III as an undercard just to give something to charity.

is green not fighting a few divisons above Choc these days ? I also thought Green was already booked ?

Yeah they will fight at a catchweight... probably around 80-82kg... but mundine will probably come in lighter than that. Green has a fight against a local fighter next week in Kane watts, whose 18-2 record looks impressive until you see the quality of his opposition

http://boxrec.com/boxer/486061

(Log in to remove this ad.)

absolute classic fight today between Frampton & Santa Cruz!

Was a good fight. I watched it with a few people. We were all barracking for Frampton (because we were all partly Irish), but nearly all of us thought that Santa Cruz won the fight. So the result was a pleasant surprise. There should definitely be a rematch. Probably the best fight this year.

wilder vs joshua someone put me out of my misery and make that fight please..

Also Ward vs Kovalev

That is the fight to be made. On paper it looks to be the highest quality fight to be made this year. Kovalev didn't look great in his last bout though, so he would need to improve. But I get the feeling that he only needs to land on Ward to make things interesting. As good as Ward is, and as great as he has looked, he did get rattled by Darnell Boone in the past.

looks like he was only calling outt GGG to get some press! willl probably fight Saunders now

He's going to defend the Lonsdale belt again against Tommy Langford. I reckon Eubank Snr will keep Jnr out of any dangerous fights unless it is money that he can't refuse, so don't see a rematch with Saunders anytime soon.

I'm hoping Saunders is next after Brook. Perhaps if GGG gets unification then he'll move up in weight.

Good chance the WBA actually enforce the Daniel Jacobs mandatory. Saunders will price himself out anyway. It was a pity Lee didn't beat Saunders, as we might have seen a unification by now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back