Updated Karen Ristevski's body found.

Will Borce Ristevski go to trial for ...

• Murder

• Manslaughter

• He'll take a deal before it gets to trial

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

frenchfri12

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Reminds me of John Sharpe, his wife 'disappeared' and it turns out two months later that he murdered her with a spear gun, cut her up with a chainsaw and threw her in a tip. The crucial thing here is who was the last person to see her, was it her husband, or did somebody actually see her outside of her house the last time she was seen?

Not a question of "If" the husband will be charged, just a question of "when".

Interesting the CCTV cameras at the family home were apparently NOT working the day of the disappearance.

Not a question of "If" the husband will be charged, just a question of "when".

Interesting the CCTV cameras at the family home were apparently NOT working the day of the disappearance.
and he went asked neighbours if they had footage.
If he's so concerned about her disappearance then why is he not talking to the cops anymore ?

• Banned
Well, I'm calling it - her husband did it. No CCTV footage? Are you serious? And nobody on the news has suggested that her husband is guilty.

Reminds me of John Sharpe, his wife 'disappeared' and it turns out two months later that he murdered her with a spear gun, cut her up with a chainsaw and threw her in a tip. The crucial thing here is who was the last person to see her, was it her husband, or did somebody actually see her outside of her house the last time she was seen?

Yeah, John Sharpe's tv appearence to appeal the return of his wife & daughter was the biggest giveway ever. His eyes were reading the script and he would then look up to see if the audience were buying his appeal before dropping the eyes to continue his appeal. He had big guilty sign hanging off him. Not so the husband in this case. He looked fairly convincing in his appeal for information.

and he went asked neighbours if they had footage.
If he's so concerned about her disappearance then why is he not talking to the cou'p90]=ps anymore ?

Best known one where a husband ended up not the killer was "Jane Thurgood Dove." Homicide squad detectives went to the factory he was working at to deliver the death message, just to see his reaction to the news. His reaction and subsequent checks proved his non involvement but thats one of very few i can recall.

• Banned
Yeah, John Sharpe's tv appearence to appeal the return of his wife & daughter was the biggest giveway ever. His eyes were reading the script and he would then look up to see if the audience were buying his appeal before dropping the eyes to continue his appeal. He had big guilty sign hanging off him. Not so the husband in this case. He looked fairly convincing in his appeal for information.

I have only heard about this case on the radio, I can't find the video, do you have a link to it?

No, sorry, I meant the Karen interview. I've seen Sharpe's interview on Crime Investigation Australia.

The Karen interview, husband give a 'good performance' like a husband should act / react to missing wife.

Best known one where a husband ended up not the killer was "Jane Thurgood Dove." Homicide squad detectives went to the factory he was working at to deliver the death message, just to see his reaction to the news. His reaction and subsequent checks proved his non involvement but thats one of very few i can recall.

Jill Meagher

Problem is in 90% of cases murders are domestic. So the police have pre conceived ideas and can waste too much time looking at a suspect when others may come into play. i.e. Jane Thurgood Dove and Jill Meager where the police wasted 3 days quizzing the husband before moving on to the obvious suspect given his history and location at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're saying that in hindsight. No one really knows.

That is the scary thing. Any ordinary person can look anyone dead in the eye and lie and you would never know the difference.

Jill Meagher

She didn't disappear from her house, she diapered off the street. Here, there really is no other option. It has to be someone who lives there.

Also, I just looked up this address. Oakley Drive? Backing onto open parkland and the river? I'd might have cut them a break if they lived in Ormond somewhere far away from grassland and rivers, but this is just too perfect. I'd bet she's lying on the bottom of the river right behind their house. Good call saying she 'disappeared', give the body time to decompose before they began treating it as a murder. I live pretty close to this place, might drive there tomorrow and look around, I mean I've watched 300 episodes of Law and Order. Probably more than those cops have watched.

Last edited:
Well I drove around there earlier, perfect area to dump a body, saw some garbage bags on the side of the road above the river. Also, very interesting to note that every house in the area has hard rubbish out, I've never seen so much actual garbage being thrown out in hard rubbish. Surprised to not see any police looking through this trash.

Problem is in 90% of cases murders are domestic. So the police have pre conceived ideas and can waste too much time looking at a suspect when others may come into play. i.e. Jane Thurgood Dove and Jill Meager where the police wasted 3 days quizzing the husband before moving on to the obvious suspect given his history and location at the time.
That's completely incorrect. Police didn't waste 3 dats quizzing the husbands. If you're going to come up with rubbish like that you'd better make it accurate.

She disappeared on a night out. Very different to some of the other examples where the wife "goes for a walk". Getting the CCTV footage so early helped as well.

Correct, but for 2 days the husband was the prime suspect and I still remember the police taking bags of evidence from the house.

by no means saying he didn't do it but him no longer speaking to the cops isn't that incriminating.

Once someone becomes aware they are a suspect, the smartest thing to do is no longer speak to the cops, even if innocent. All of their questions will be leading once they suspect you.

Of course it's also smart if you are guilty.

by no means saying he didn't do it but him no longer speaking to the cops isn't that incriminating.

Once someone becomes aware they are a suspect, the smartest thing to do is no longer speak to the cops, even if innocent. All of their questions will be leading once they suspect you.

Of course it's also smart if you are guilty.
Not in reality. If you know you're innocent you will talk and do everything you can to assist the investigation. If you stop helping you become the target which if anything slows down the investigation.

Back