WRFL Division 2 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Div 2 finals are to be played at Wbee Centrals.
Can't believe how the league would consider using a venue of a club in another completion !
Anyone seen how the grounds copping with the recent rains ?
Heard today it's totally under water...

Was down there watching some juniors a couple of weeks ago.
Has green grass on it which is different to a fair few local grounds this time of year. Bit soft around the ground but have had plenty of rain.
The cricket pitch area was a mud slush pit.
If they can get that right it is a good facility.
Can park around the ground. Social rooms bar and canteen are as good as any in the area.
Electric scoreboard.
Its a junior WRFL ground too dont forget.
If they can get the wicket dry, would be a ripper spot for finals footy.

Can confirm that Nth Footscray and Yarraville are in discussions on amalgamation, word has it council are offering some very nice sweeteners if they can make it happen by November.

Sorry but its a fact, its happening. Big changes ahead!
Most stupid and ridiculous post seen on big footy

Hey devilon, I'm with Ando and can't see it happening in the short term mate. However I do believe for some clubs to survive in today's footy if they want to play in the top grade, they might have to consider mergers to create a successful side/club.

With regards to Yarraville/Seddon merging with Nth Foots it's does make a bit of sense I guess as I don't think neither club has the $$ to go up to div1 and not be a chance to be relegated back down after 1 year. Caroline Springs "maybe" have more funds to compete..

An idea would be to somehow create an alignment with the Footscray VFL side where there players that don't get a game play for a newly merged side so they can be watched as one group.
-Could a new club be called Footscray District?
-But not sure Yarraville would like to lose their identity..
-How are West Footscray looking? If they are struggling to continue it would leave a big opportunity to use the name Footscray to create a new identity..

Interesting but purely speculation!!

Question: if you combined a side this seaso of players from Yarraville and Nth Foots how would they go in div1?? Would they best say a Sunshine or St Albans??

Question: if you combined a side this seaso of players from Yarraville and Nth Foots how would they go in div1?? Would they best say a Sunshine or St Albans??[/QUOTE]

Would not get within 10 goals of either Sunshine or St Albans.

Question: if you combined a side this seaso of players from Yarraville and Nth Foots how would they go in div1?? Would they best say a Sunshine or St Albans??

Would not get within 10 goals of either Sunshine or St Albans.[/QUOTE]

mmm...guess it depends on the day. You could argue that the Falcons had a stronger side last year in div2 (or least more depth) then they have this year.

Some of their handy players bolted to Tarneit...

They have beaten both Sunshine and Spotty this season.

Hey devilon, I'm with Ando and can't see it happening in the short term mate. However I do believe for some clubs to survive in today's footy if they want to play in the top grade, they might have to consider mergers to create a successful side/club.

With regards to Yarraville/Seddon merging with Nth Foots it's does make a bit of sense I guess as I don't think neither club has the $$ to go up to div1 and not be a chance to be relegated back down after 1 year. Caroline Springs "maybe" have more funds to compete..

An idea would be to somehow create an alignment with the Footscray VFL side where there players that don't get a game play for a newly merged side so they can be watched as one group.
-How are West Footscray looking? If they are struggling to continue it would leave a big opportunity to use the name Footscray to create a new identity..

Its an interesting idea North Footscray and Yarraville, there must be a lot of pressure on these to find $$$$ every year

someone once suggested on this forum that north and west could merge to become footscray districts. same colours, footscray in both names, both in west footscray (albeit with a rail line in between), excellent playing surface at north and potential to create a good junior base at west. at first glance, would make more sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

someone once suggested on this forum that north and west could merge to become footscray districts. same colours, footscray in both names, both in west footscray (albeit with a rail line in between), excellent playing surface at north and potential to create a good junior base at west. at first glance, would make more sense

That was me that suggested that mate. However that was before West kind of hit rock bottom. It's a good idea but not sure West have much to offer any longer. But it does make "some" sense.

I still can't understand how Yarraville/Seddon are not a successful div1 side as they are a reasonable big area with businesses and shopping strip. Surely they could attract good sponsors. They also have a good junior program.

But hey it's all speculation re these these possible mergers. Even Spotswood are struggling a bit to compete financially with the Deer Parks & Hoppers..

Will tell you NOW.......load of dribble
Correct. Who would want to merge with Norf? Besides, the canteen at Yarraville Oval wouldn't cope as long as Bazza and Mini Bazza are coaching !!

On a serious note Ando, what happened today? Looks like no depth at the Devils going on some of the blokes running around in the 1's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back