FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

It was genuinely different, and in a interesting way

If You mean in a 'train wreck' I can't believe/avert my eyes kinda way....Then yes

A sad excuse for a human being, completely without grace or soul. And a sad indictment on social Darwinism.

You don't get any more lost than this boy is.

I have a low opinion of both of them. I think Jacko nailed Sheahan in his description of him. And Jacko is exactly like Sheahan was implying he was. But strangely my opinion of both of them increased a little. At least both of them were honest in that interview. Jacko told Sheahan his view of the world, Sheahan had the guts to listen to it and put it to air. Sometimes Sheahan tried to change the topic when it became uncomfortable. Not successfully, just as well.

Jacko was: "You and your chums in the media made a lot of money out of personalities like me. And you tutt-tutted, and pointed your finger and targeted and attacked us with one hand, while pocketing the money with the other. And sometimes you went on the attack and destroyed our careers and future earnings. And you made money out of that too."

Which is right.

But Sheahan was: "You hypocrite, Jacko."

Which is also right.

Being a character is one thing. Being incomprehensible is another. I can't stand to watch an interview filled with constant interuptions, deflection, petty insults and baseless accusations. I watch open mike to hear stories being told. As I said before the Warwick Capper interview was a good comparison. Very different personality who could still string enough words together that the interview he gave was entertaining and insightful.

Interesting how we all have such different perspectives on what makes a great interview..

I thought Capper's open mike was by far the most interesting and witty of any of the open mike interviews I've watched, no doubt he interrupts the flow with his one liners from time to time, that made it even more interesting ...

I was surprised at how articulate and funny he was whilst still giving the viewers his stories from inside and outside of the game..

Many of the open mike interviews are so wooden and dull in comparison, uptight ex footballers..

Ironically everyone seemed to have this view of Capper, yet he talks better than most of the football characters I've seen on Mike's show..

I also enjoyed the Wanganeen interview ..

Jacko simply went too far and showed no class in his agenda whether it was staged or not, some of it was interesting, but the format of the show just didn't work for me, good television though, Jacko was too extreme for me..

Last edited:
I wouldn't if I was Hawks fan. Jacko was a strong believer that the Hawks were looked after by the umpires back in the 80's. Some things never change.
latest

The best bit was when Mike asked him about his 8 game suspension for belting Ayres,Langord and Mews in a game. Why did he do it? Because they were Hawthorn.

LOL....Whacko Jacko never did do so well against us....Just reiterating the current blame Hawfy fad, for some points with the easily led viewers.

I was there that day, & this boy completely lost the plot like no other player I've ever seen in my 40+ years of watching football....And that includes Robbie Muir, Ron Andrews & Mal Brown.

Hafey failed miserably as a coach that day & didn't have the balls to drag him....His actions also cost the Cats any chance at victory that day also.

A sub-cortex short of a neanderthal is Jacko....Moron, is too dignified a word.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't mind Febey, but they only talked about his footy career for the last 2 minutes of the interview!

I never knew about his issues once he left the game.
The trauma he went through with the Bali bombings and then the low point of his career battling depression and alcoholism. I found it to be a very motivating episode.

I wanted to hear more about his footy career, Mike Sheahan is constantly fascinated by near death experiences and the feelings associated with such events that he will move on but immediately come straight back to that same topic only minutes later and the viewer loses the opportunity to find out about others things of the individual being interviewed.

Saw this pop up:

Let's be honest, this was just a self promotion exercise by Jacko, he said to Mike what he needed to for the views and to get people watching.

Was never in it to discuss his football in any real reflective or revealing way, and when all is said and done I'm not sure Fox should have given him 50 minutes in the chair.

Being an Adelaide kid from the mid 90's, I never really heared about Mark "Jacko" Jackson. I saw the interview pop up the other day, and being a fan of Open Mike, thought I'd give it a whirl an hour ago.

And by God folks, it was the most unnerving interview I've ever watched in the history of anything. Jackson was a complete and utter flog the whole way through and made a few serial killers look normal in comparison at times with how he was to Mike. It was gripping television but for all the wrong reasons.

On a sidenote, best interviews on Open Mike that I like were with Pike, Wanganeen, CAPPER! and Mal Michael. All were engaging and entertaining to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back