Radio The SEN Thread 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah, but some of the DJs jumped ship from 3xy to Eon.
At the risk of showing my age: :D 3XY was around for many years and, for memory, was the number one music station for ages before Eon Fm came in around 1980. It didn't take long (a few years?) before EON and Fox killed 3xy.
That's it 3XY WAS the station.

nah, but some of the DJs jumped ship from 3xy to Eon, which might be what you're thinking of.

At the risk of showing my age, :D 3XY was around for many years and, for memory, was the number one music station for yonks before Eon Fm started in 1980. It didn't take long (a few years?) before EON and Fox killed 3xy.

3XY was an AM station. When the FM band came on board it was considered superior for music so that also contributed to 3XY's demise.

I think Harf is getting a bit sick of Marko from the little I have tuned in lately they always seem to be having a little disagreement and always want to have the last word. The way Marko was carrying on about the Richmond thing yesterday was like listening to a 10 year old trying to make a point based on "just because".

Hi, I'm Craig Willis. I always finish my sentence by dragging out the last worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd. It might annoy you but it's how I advertiiiiiiiiise. If you to would like to speak like meeeeeeeeeee, call 13 hundreeeeeeeeed 45 fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive 23 Ninnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne

Does my head in.

That's it 3XY WAS the station.
Yep, all over, a long time ago, back when Greg Evans was hip. :D
When I was a kid I thought Jon Peters was coolest guy on the planet.
I used to sit in my room, glued to the radio, listening to him and Trish Mulholland every night on EON FM as if they were Churchill giving the Allies a call-to-arms speech. :p

Last edited:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/der...r/news-story/186f8222cd5b47596d72134de1bc3e54

HAWTHORN legend Dermott Brereton has revealed the shocking last words said to his father before he took his own life.

Brereton told SEN he suggested to his father he take his own life “in a moment of anger, frustration and selfishness”.

“He got into trouble, my dad, and it came to a law matter,” Brereton said in the radio interview with Herald Sun chief football writer Mark Robinson.

“He behaved poorly, reprehensible, yeah really poorly. And the last thing I said to him was ‘Do the honourable thing and take your life… and he did and I never got to take it back.

Brereton said these were the last words ever said to his father in 1993 and he wished he could speak to his father one last time.

Was driving back home this morning, got to Ballarat where I can pick up SEN and very very reluctantly thought I'd listen to Fine and Shaw and hear their thoughts on my teams debacle last night (yeah, I'm a sucker for punishment:() anyhoo, what a wonderful surprise!!......it was BP instead!

That man is such a natural for radio, such a professional. A pleasure to listen to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was driving back home this morning, got to Ballarat where I can pick up SEN and very very reluctantly thought I'd listen to Fine and Shaw and hear their thoughts on my teams debacle last night (yeah, I'm a sucker for punishment:() anyhoo, what a wonderful surprise!!......it was BP instead!

That man is such a natural for radio, such a professional. A pleasure to listen to him.
Where's Viney?!

Can we stop attacking people in here off of tiny comments?

BP loves Serena. It's obvious from when he speaks about her whenever he's talking about tennis.

She's got nostrils that are built for recreational drug use.

f.gif

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/der...r/news-story/186f8222cd5b47596d72134de1bc3e54

HAWTHORN legend Dermott Brereton has revealed the shocking last words said to his father before he took his own life.

Brereton told SEN he suggested to his father he take his own life “in a moment of anger, frustration and selfishness”.

“He got into trouble, my dad, and it came to a law matter,” Brereton said in the radio interview with Herald Sun chief football writer Mark Robinson.

“He behaved poorly, reprehensible, yeah really poorly. And the last thing I said to him was ‘Do the honourable thing and take your life… and he did and I never got to take it back.

Brereton said these were the last words ever said to his father in 1993 and he wished he could speak to his father one last time.

Feel awful for Dermott but no sympathy for a rapist. Was surprised Dermott spoke so highly of him, if that was my father I'd lock him away myself.

Feel awful for Dermott but no sympathy for a rapist. Was surprised Dermott spoke so highly of him, if that was my father I'd lock him away myself.
I thought Dermott was very reserved in his praise, he stopped short of relative praise choosing instead to remember the times he enjoyed the company of his father.
I recall when this happened, father drove a taxi, had quite a few handicapped passengers and you can put the pieces together for the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back