The Race for #1 Supercoach League Glory (and forum bragging rights)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 16 Update

scleagues.jpg

The SupercoachScores team "Best of the Best" retains #1 spot, while a ten-team league "Supercoach Nerds" was the big climber from #7 to #2.

Big Footy 1 remained in fifth spot, and Supercoach Elite 3 climbed from 43rd to 37th.

More than 4,300 points between 1st and 20th spots - that's too much ground for a team outside the Top 20 to make up, barring some insane carnage like we saw at the end of season 2015.

Is there one SCE who is mandated to spend time posting regularly on the main SC board?
No.

I've posted here because I've wanted to post here. And it's been quite fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't realise it was based on avg points instead of total points, explains why SC Nerds are in second place
The reputable competitors use total points. :)

The official overall league winner is based on total points not the average as I understand it.

That would make a mockery of the current published rankings then?

For example, your league is ranked 67th as per the Sunday update, but "really" it's ranked 63rd because there are a few 10-team leagues ahead of you?

That would make a mockery of the current published rankings then?

For example, your league is ranked 67th as per the Sunday update, but "really" it's ranked 63rd because there are a few 10-team leagues ahead of you?
I'm fortunate enough to be in an RDT 18-person league within reach of the #1 spot. There's a small amount of prize money on the line for 1st in RDT and in the rules it mentions that only 18-person teams are eligible.

RDT and SC are basically carbon copies of each other so I'm assuming the rules still apply.

It may not be the same without any cash on the line so they may not have to make a true distinction, but realistically I think we can all agree that the traditional 18-player leagues should be the only ones in contention for the true #1 ranking.

10-person leagues tend to have a natural advantage over the 18s anyway IMO.

FWIW DT, which is obviously run by the same company and actually gives out prizes for overall league, does it by total points. It's too easy to get 10 good players in a small league compared to 18 in a big league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back