Social Science Things that please me - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from the positive and pleasing part 1:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/things-that-please-me.846786/

Original OP by THRILLHO
Too much negativity on this board. Things That s**t Me thread is up to Part 6 and there isn't anywhere to post good stuff that happens.

You're all a bunch of angry, negative pricks! :p

Aaaah Bachelor thread. Disappeared!!!

What pleases me now: kids have gone home for PT night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaaah Bachelor thread. Disappeared!!!

What pleases me now: kids have gone home for PT night.
Oh man, I dreaded parent teacher night, all my underachieving glory mapped out in vivid technicolour for my folks, who then had to pretend they gaf.

My parents gave up pretty quick too. Constant "has all the potential in the world but gets distracted easily" probably wears thin pretty quick. Funnily enough though that still applies today.

My problem was (and I am not trying to pump my own tyres up here) I was too smart. I finished everything really quickly and it was not challenging and the teachers gave me nothing else to do, so I distracted others.

My problem was (and I am not trying to pump my own tyres up here) I was too smart. I finished everything really quickly and it was not challenging and the teachers gave me nothing else to do, so I distracted others.

Yeah I had that comment on my reports in Year 11 and 12 Maths. The bludge maths.. not the smart maths. But I didn't distract anyone :p

yep, had similar problems. it made me lazy

I did okay on core subjects

It was the micky mouse subjects I bombed in
Grooming and Deportment (I couldn't walk with the book on my head)
Music
Tech Drawing
Sewing
Spent more time wagging than I did in class. My parents never even bothered showing up for interviews - said it was me letting myself down, not them, so they weren't going to care if I didn't

Yeah my parent teachers were filled with "is late too often" and "talks too much".

By year 9 my dad pleaded to me to give him at least one good parent teacher interview.

We're still waiting.

It's weird thinking back to high school. Seems so important at the time. I think you should be able to pick your classes more around year 9 rather than 11.
We got to pick from year 9 onwards. There were 3 or 4 subjects that you had to take (Maths, English) but the others were your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back