#28 Oscar McDonald - ... aaand he's gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Just quietly played his best game for the club yesterday.

Deserves to be in RS discussions for the round.

Last edited:

Very scratchy early on but has been serviceable over the last couple. Very happy with his development and his disposal is already better than TMc. Finish strong and have a big preseason. Good things to come.

Good fred. The persistence shown by the coaching staff is definitely paying off. Was he playing mostly on Breust yesterday? If so Breust barely went near it.

Very scratchy early on but has been serviceable over the last couple. Very happy with his development and his disposal is already better than TMc. Finish strong and have a big preseason. Good things to come.

Not sure about that one yet -- although Junior's underground bounce-pass to Pedersen in the last was a thing of genius...

Not sure about that one yet -- although Junior's underground bounce-pass to Pedersen in the last was a thing of genius...
Yeah maybe not but I am sick of watching TMc butcher the simplest of executions. Frustrating as all hell of late.

I'm with you but yesterday TMac was very good by foot
Yeah and what I love is he backs himself in and takes it on, which is excellent. Really opens the field when it comes off, but sometimes (last week) you've just gotta realise that it's not your day and just do the simple things right.

Yeah and what I love is he backs himself in and takes it on, which is excellent. Really opens the field when it comes off, but sometimes (last week) you've just gotta realise that it's not your day and just do the simple things right.

He did try to take on Rioli at one point in the last which is either a testament to his confidence or his stupidity.

When stupidity with the ball in hand is kept to a minimum he actually looks like he could be a player.

Im not convinced this will last but make hay while the sun shines. Good game yesterday, O.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know everyone is celebrating about your brother Oscar. But congrats on your new contract. Keep on developing strongly. Hawks game was a strong performance for 14 games of AFL football.
Thank you

(Channeling OMac to make your post less freaky:))

If you had of told me after the first few weeks of the season that'd he'd get a Rising Star nomination before the year is out I'd have been shocked that he was still in the AFL, but geez he's come along, well and truly deserves it.

And just quietly, probably the only bloke the kept Hunt from getting it ... His turn next week.

If you had of told me after the first few weeks of the season that'd he'd get a Rising Star nomination before the year is out I'd have been shocked that he was still in the AFL, but geez he's come along, well and truly deserves it.

And just quietly, probably the only bloke the kept Hunt from getting it ... His turn next week.
Hunt can save up a game-breaking performance for R23 v the Cats ;)

Omac is better than the vast majority of key position blokes his age. Better than most of the good defenders we've had at his age. Gets way too much s**t just because he's so damn good he gets played when his body isn't ready for it yet. Will be our best key defender when we get #13.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back