GWS Giants Merchandise

Remove this Banner Ad

That's an impressive collection.

Ellie has outlined our haul. The 2014 squad signed one is actually our son's guernsey from 2012 which is a size 8 (pretty damned small) which he outgrew pretty quickly - it took us a while to get all the signatures at various functions and pre and post games etc. they hang on the wall next to a very small Brumbies jumper signed by Gregan, Larkham, Paul, Mortlock and a couple of others from the night they unveiled the Gregan/Larkham Stand at Bruce Stadium.

The match worn Kenners one is problematical though with regard to framing. My name is on the front while Ellie's and Young Master's names are both on the back. So it, like the others, are just on coat hangers hanging from picture hooks while I figure out how to get around that.

Could possibly just get it plexiglassed on both sides with a top hanger, but I actually like the idea of displaying them on coat hangers, once the odour has gone from this one I will give that a shot :)

Has to be Davis(co captain), heater (VC AA and fan fav), cameron(AA, leading goal scorer for a while) scully($$$), coniglio(fan fav and future captain), stevie J(makes sense)

Maybes:
Shiel
Whitfield
Haynes
Wilson
Williams
Smith
Greene
lobb
FOLAU

Did everybody get the Jeremy Cameron bobble head? The likeness isn't that great IMO but it was good to see a 3rd bubble head so quickly. We should have the team in no time at all :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did everybody get the Jeremy Cameron bobble head? The likeness isn't that great IMO but it was good to see a 3rd bubble head so quickly. We should have the team in no time at all :p
Is any of this stuff available on line for interstate members?

Especially the scarf?

Yeah, I was going to take a pic and upload on Saturday night, got drunk instead..
Will try tonight, the cap is pretty awesome also
iphone pic but it shows both sides of the scarf and the cap.

RQhTg0.jpg

actual colours are a lot brighter than the image implies

Got a nice surprise in the mail today - and I actually have mixed feelings about it.

Anybody who bought anything the other night could go into a draw to win (I don't know how many) match worn guernseys. We'd left by the time the draws had started so I wasn't there to hear my name called out.

So in the mail today there is a package from the Giants - a letter and a guernsey.

Whoo! Hoo!:)

The letter said in part.... "You were selected as a winner of a match worn Guernsey (worn at our last Canberra home game)......

Who's is it?

#19 - Nick Haynes

Cool:)

I'll have a look at his stats, try and remember the sort of game he had.... Oh, that was one he missed, didn't play, not actually "match worn":(

Well surely they don't get new jumpers every single week - ok they would have the one offs, and the occasional special game but one of them has to have a mum that can wash the guernseys to get a couple of weeks out of them at least.

How'd he go in the other two Canberra games? Oh, missed the first five weeks of the season, forgot about that.:(

Don't get me wrong. It's cool and all. I won something for once, and it's an actual player's actual guernsey (got the GPS pocket and everything) :thumbsu:- it's just not "match worn" like the letter says it was.

Does it hang on the wall next to the Adam Kennedy actual match worn guensey - or do I just wear it to games instead of my off the rack replica?

Got a nice surprise in the mail today - and I actually have mixed feelings about it.

Anybody who bought anything the other night could go into a draw to win (I don't know how many) match worn guernseys. We'd left by the time the draws had started so I wasn't there to hear my name called out.

So in the mail today there is a package from the Giants - a letter and a guernsey.

Whoo! Hoo!:)

The letter said in part.... "You were selected as a winner of a match worn Guernsey (worn at our last Canberra home game)......

Who's is it?

#19 - Nick Haynes

Cool:)

I'll have a look at his stats, try and remember the sort of game he had.... Oh, that was one he missed, didn't play, not actually "match worn":(

Well surely they don't get new jumpers every single week - ok they would have the one offs, and the occasional special game but one of them has to have a mum that can wash the guernseys to get a couple of weeks out of them at least.

How'd he go in the other two Canberra games? Oh, missed the first five weeks of the season, forgot about that.:(

Don't get me wrong. It's cool and all. I won something for once, and it's an actual player's actual guernsey (got the GPS pocket and everything) :thumbsu:- it's just not "match worn" like the letter says it was.

Does it hang on the wall next to the Adam Kennedy actual match worn guensey - or do I just wear it to games instead of my off the rack replica?

Firstly, congratulations!

Secondly, how did one gain entry to the competition?

EDIT:
Also, for those interested, the finals scarf goes up for sale on-line within the next week!

DOUBLE EDIT:
Melbourne Giant, read other people's post before asking them stupid questions which they have already answered.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back