Recommitted Ed Langdon [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

That would ld be a very good deal for Colingwood .

I can't believe how underrated Langdon is in this post.
He is one of the Dockers more impressive kids coming through.
I would think most of the Docker supporters would be loath to see him leave .
Problem is he didn't cost a high draft pick. So he has to show more on field than say Lachie Weller (picked at 13 iirc) to boost his trade value

Didn't know a hell of a lot about this guy but just watched some higlights. He is the kind of player we need as we are in desperate need of some more quick ball carriers. I hope the Dees are interested. He was a pick 54 so obviously not that highly rated as a draftee. Listed as only 74kg but he's only a youngster.

Much better than his draft position indicates.

As mentioned is playing well the last month especially buts built all year.

But yeah free will be lucky to get a pick inside 30 let alone 40.

I think there is every chance he is involved in the brad hill trade.

Just for argument sake lets say Collingwood trades their second rounder for Langdon maybe with some later pick swapping. That will be around pick 25.

Then we traded pick 25 plus our third (around pick 39) for Hill then Hawks in theory could ontrade those two picks to GWS (worth pick 14 without the 20% extra according to this https://www.draftguru.com.au/pick-value-calculator#25,39 ) for a late first.

Freo - Brad Hill
Hawks - Pick 16 from GWS (I think they'll finish a bit higher than what they are)
GWS - pick 25 from Pies + pick 39 from Freo
Collingwood - Ed Langdon

It might need a few more picks to move around and it depends if GWS needs/wants the academy points.

Hawks could use the first to try land their big fish also.

He was injured in his draft year and dropped down the list. I would rather keep him, rate him highly. Has that high speed and endurance bundle which is what we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think he would be involved in the brad hill trade, well, he would be who I would ask for as part of the trade if I were the Hawks. Has looked very good this year given his chance. Finds the ball well, and hits the scoreboard. Nice tricks to have as a young mid.

That would be a very good deal for Colingwood .

I can't believe how underrated Langdon is in this post.
He is one of the Dockers more impressive kids coming through.
I would think most of the Docker supporters would be loath to see him leave .

Think that Langdon has a bright future.

From what I've seen of Marley Williams, he is a bit meh to me.

If Langdon goes to Victoria, I'd rather trade for a tall.

Loved him in his draft year. Not sure how he's gone this year for Freo?
He's been good. Last 4-5 games he's picked up over 20 touches. He uses the ball well, and can kick a goal. He played well against Sydney when we got destroyed, had 29 touches, 4 tackles, 4 marks. He had 23 touches, 2 goals, 5 marks against Gold Coast

Yet but seriously.

Who is Ed Langdon?
My Brother-In-Law is Ed Langdon. Or called Ed Langdon anyway. So its probably him. He's American and recently moved to Hobart. He works in PR for not-for-profit organisations. He's pretty tall so could be a potential KPP, but coming to AFL a bit late in that he's 44 years old. He also doesn't have very good judgement because he has decided to go for North. He is bald, so may have GAJ skills. I think Essendon should give up pick one for him.

He's been good. Last 4-5 games he's picked up over 20 touches. He uses the ball well, and can kick a goal. He played well against Sydney when we got destroyed, had 29 touches, 4 tackles, 4 marks. He had 23 touches, 2 goals, 5 marks against Gold Coast

Cheers, sounds like he's coming along well for a kid. IF he wants to return to Vic, what do you value him at?

Think that Langdon has a bright future.

From what I've seen of Marley Williams, he is a bit meh to me.

If Langdon goes to Victoria, I'd rather trade for a tall.

691548_thumb.png

;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back