Delisted Chris Dawes

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Dawes is more suited to a deep FF swapping with Gawn in the ruck. Hogan & Watts as half forwards, get Garlett running front and centre when Dawes drops the mark in the goal square.

When in form his best role is leading up high, taking the mark in front and then hitting up Hogan on the lead inside 50. Recent times he hasn't been doing this due to lack of fitness meaning he is under pressure and cant take a clean mark.

When in form the team his best role is leading lumbering up high, taking dropping the mark in front and then hitting up Hogan on the lead inside 50 having no impact on the contest whatsoever. Recent times he hasn't been doing this due to lack of fitness meaning he is under pressure and cant take a clean mark footballing ability.
EFA. Still better than Pederson though.

EFA. Still better than Pederson though.

This is funny. However, he has shown he is more than this whilst playing in a premiership side. Give him one more chance to do this at the Dees and if he fails his contract wont be renewed.

Last edited:
This is funny. However, he has shown he is more than this whilst playing in a premiership side. Give him one more chance to do this at the Dees and if he fails his contract wont be renewed.
While I'm happy to give him a chance to show if he can contribute ... But he was a premiership player 6 years ago. You have to judge him on his recent body of work, and it isn't good.

He has had to play through a lot of soreness and injuries for the good of the team tho, so he does deserve a chance, and there is a small amount of hope that he will add something to this team that is performing far better, but 2010 is completely irrelevant now ... just ask Daisy Thomas.

While I'm happy to give him a chance to show if he can contribute ... But he was a premiership player 6 years ago. You have to judge him on his recent body of work, and it isn't good.

He has had to play through a lot of soreness and injuries for the good of the team tho, so he does deserve a chance, and there is a small amount of hope that he will add something to this team that is performing far better, but 2010 is completely irrelevant now ... just ask Daisy Thomas.

This is exactly why he deserves one more shot. Roosy even said himself that due to a lack of depth Dawesy has never been able to fully recover from his injuries.

Ok I think Dawes shouldn't get another gig next season.
To me he must be a good leader within the club, as IMO he just doesn't cut it. He works hard but he has taken 3 contested mark for the year and seems to ruin the forward line when he is in there.

Either Pedo or Dawes will go... unfortunately i think Dawes might stay given his leadership qualities.
I much prefer Pedo, but Dawesy must do alot of good work within the club

Ok I think Dawes shouldn't get another gig next season.
To me he must be a good leader within the club, as IMO he just doesn't cut it. He works hard but he has taken 3 contested mark for the year and seems to ruin the forward line when he is in there.

Either Pedo or Dawes will go... unfortunately i think Dawes might stay given his leadership qualities.
I much prefer Pedo, but Dawesy must do alot of good work within the club

He trains as hard as anyone which was vitally important up until this year
However with Viney and a few others taking charge of the club we don't need him on the list anymore

Can't possibly stay ahead of Pedo if it came down to those two!
Keep the bloke who trains well, leads off the track but plays like sh*t when picked and dump the bloke who grabs his opportunity with both hands every time he gets a gig?
No thanks

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he'll stay for one more year on a heavily reduced contract, a bit like Jake Spencer.

Yes he's not in our top 3 forwards and he's not durable and he is limited and I love ripping on him

BUT

Hogan, Hulett, and Weids are all incredibly young and the latter two still unproven and no way they get through 22 games a season.

Watts has been thrown into the ruck a bit despite not really being adapt at it. He's bound to start getting sore eventually.

Pederson is better than Dawes yes, but he is also really injury prone.

We don't have many picks this year and there is no great urgency to delist a lot of players. I think both Pedo and Dawes can be retained. There's not really anyone else out there we could get for cheap that could play any better than both (please don't say Cloke, Mayne or Vickery).

There's not really anyone else out there we could get for cheap that could play any better than both (please don't say Cloke, Mayne or Vickery).

Disagree, id take any of those three in a straight swap for Dawes, hell, id take Josh Walker in a straight swap for Dawes. Is James Seller still playing competitive football somewhere?

Keep Pedo. No more Dawes.

Disagree, id take any of those three in a straight swap for Dawes, hell, id take Josh Walker in a straight swap for Dawes. Is James Seller still playing competitive football somewhere?

Keep Pedo. No more Dawes.

Dawes have always been a problem for pedos. ......

The fact that Weid already looked decent at AFL level closed the door (Pun not intended) on his career IMO. They'll probably chuck Pedo on a 1 year deal, and have Hogan/Watts/Pedo/Weid/Hulett as the tall options. I'm not sure about Hulett as I don't tend to expect much from anyone drafted in the 3rd round onwards (The fact we have gotten Hunt and McDonaldx2 is superb recruiting) but as he has a mature body surely he is an upgrade on what Dawes would offer.

Don't underestimate the salary cap affect here either, even if Dawes stays there is no way he is on over 200K so we'll have at MINIMUM an extra 300 to throw around.

The fact that Weid already looked decent at AFL level closed the door (Pun not intended) on his career IMO. They'll probably chuck Pedo on a 1 year deal, and have Hogan/Watts/Pedo/Weid/Hulett as the tall options. I'm not sure about Hulett as I don't tend to expect much from anyone drafted in the 3rd round onwards (The fact we have gotten Hunt and McDonaldx2 is superb recruiting) but as he has a mature body surely he is an upgrade on what Dawes would offer.

Don't underestimate the salary cap affect here either, even if Dawes stays there is no way he is on over 200K so we'll have at MINIMUM an extra 300 to throw around.

If we lost Grimes Dawes Trenners Dunn Garland Lumumba Over the next 13 months that's gotta be close to 2 million freed up

If we lost Grimes Dawes Trenners Dunn Garland Lumumba Over the next 13 months that's gotta be close to 2 million freed up
Would be well over I reckon. Dawes on $600k alone. That leaves five senior players who have all been in the system for more than five years. They'd all be on $300k plus. I reckon H would have been offered good coin to come across. Could be looking at closer to $2.5 million a season for all six of those guys I reckon. And I'd say they are all just about cooked.

Would be well over I reckon. Dawes on $600k alone. That leaves five senior players who have all been in the system for more than five years. They'd all be on $300k plus. I reckon H would have been offered good coin to come across. Could be looking at closer to $2.5 million a season for all six of those guys I reckon. And I'd say they are all just about cooked.

Wouldnt be surprised if Dunn and Grimes were on 500+ seeing as we had no one to pay when they signed their last deals.. we can certainly do some hunting for free agents

Remove this Banner Ad

Back