Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

No updates in a while, I've been focusing on strength training the past 6 weeks, also focusing on squat depth/form.

Starting to see some progress with my quads, will be trying for new 1RM's next week and then start my 6 week program over again.

Will be going for 60kg bench, 85kg squat and 90kg deadlift eeep.

Attachments

• 12501914_817819415008193_639000213_n.jpg
    12501914_817819415008193_639000213_n.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 6

Silgni

Senior List
Jun 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi guys, I've been battling anorexia nervosa and have finally been taking some steps in the right direction to get rid of it. It has consumed my life for almost five years now and has quite simply sucked all of the enjoyment out of my life.

Height: 178cm
Previous Weight: 53.5kg
Current Weight: 63.5kg
Goal Weight: 70kg

Diet: Trying not to track anything because it is encouraging OCD behaviour.

Goals: Squat at an intermediate strength standard. Reach my goal weight of 70kg, possibly more. Not feel so anxious around food. Get rid of this BS illness.

Stats
Squat:
5x75kg
Bench: 5x55kg
Deadlift: 5x100kg

Achievements so far: Gained 10kg. Regained my ability to think. Don't feel so cold anymore. Can actually function in life. But I still have A LOT of improvement to make. This is far from over. I am still so tempted to cut weight.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Hi guys, I've been battling anorexia nervosa and have finally been taking some steps in the right direction to get rid of it. It has consumed my life for almost five years now and has quite simply sucked all of the enjoyment out of my life.

Height: 178cm
Previous Weight: 53.5kg
Current Weight: 63.5kg
Goal Weight: 70kg

Diet: Trying not to track anything because it is encouraging OCD behaviour.

Goals: Squat at an intermediate strength standard. Reach my goal weight of 70kg, possibly more. Not feel so anxious around food. Get rid of this BS illness.

Stats
Squat:
5x75kg
Bench: 5x55kg
Deadlift: 5x100kg

Achievements so far: Gained 10kg. Regained my ability to think. Don't feel so cold anymore. Can actually function in life. But I still have A LOT of improvement to make. This is far from over. I am still so tempted to cut weight.
That's awesome. 3 years ago I was 171cm and got to 49/50kgs at my lightest. My BMI was about 16.9/17. I look back now and wonder wtf was going on in my head. I was a bit chubby so I went on a mission to lose it all. I went to far, refused to eat some food, over did the exercise, critiqued everything I ate and monitored by calories ridiculously closely. And somehow I was happy with myself at the time.

Now I'm the same height and 67kgs. I struggle to see myself 18kgs lighter, I legit must've looked like an Ethiopian child. Now I just eat and lift. Rinse and repeat. It took me a while to fully kick the disease, best of luck

Silgni

Senior List
Jun 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's awesome. 3 years ago I was 171cm and got to 49/50kgs at my lightest. My BMI was about 16.9/17. I look back now and wonder wtf was going on in my head. I was a bit chubby so I went on a mission to lose it all. I went to far, refused to eat some food, over did the exercise, critiqued everything I ate and monitored by calories ridiculously closely. And somehow I was happy with myself at the time.

Now I'm the same height and 67kgs. I struggle to see myself 18kgs lighter, I legit must've looked like an Ethiopian child. Now I just eat and lift. Rinse and repeat. It took me a while to fully kick the disease, best of luck
Congratulations on kicking such an awful disease. The brain really tries to do everything it can to prevent you from getting better.

An anorexic brain is wired so much differently to the brain of your average Joe.

When my weight was really low my brain perceived that to be good and it didn't understand the appeal of having more mass/weight. And it still doesn't to some extent.

As I gain weight, I'm beginning to appreciate aesthetics and the benefits of having muscle.

Yoooo. Time for an update.

I was about 78kg over summer (still 184cm, I doubt that's going to change at 26 years old). Decided I'm going to go on a bulk, but to actually do it right. My previous bulks have always been a bit half-arsed and amounted to nothing. My goal was to get to 85kg by September. I've stayed relatively clean, swapped out a lot of my salads for carbs etc and haven't gone near the 'dirty bulk' fast food side of things. So I'm still feeling great. I'm now weighing 83-84kg depending on when I weigh myself, so about a kilo and a bit to go. Shouldn't be a problem.

My god have I been reaping the rewards. I've smashed almost every PB of mine, but finally people have started noticing. A client of mine even asked if I was using roids. Another girl I haven't seen in a few months said I'm looking very athletic, people at work are now talking in the past tense when saying "Remember when you were skinny?!". New staff not knowing I was skinny wouldn't believe it when I showed them pics. This has honestly been the most encouraging part, getting the compliments. It keeps me on track and knowing I'm achieving something, even if I can't see it in the mirror (since I look every day!).

Anyway, lifts.
Bench Press - I've finally cracked the 100kg barrier. Can squeeze out a couple of reps. 6 reps at 90kg, 12 reps at BW.
Squat - 120kg x 5. It's a PB, but I feel like this will keep progressing since I was interrupted with a small tear in my quad.
Deadlift - 165kg. These rose pretty quickly when I started deadlifting again. I don't deadlift in my gridiron season, so I was quite happy with this result. I suspect it will go higher in the next month, too.
Standing OHP - I ******* love this exercise. I have new favourites all the time, and this is my current. 62.5kg x 4. Obviously a few more reps here, so I suppose I could go a bit heavier with less reps.

Overall I've hit PB's in every single lift in the last month or so. I'll post pics once I hit my goal, but I'll post this 78kg ish one for now to reflect back on...

(Please ignore the text! Haha)

IMG_4311.jpg

RichRich087

Draftee
Jul 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Height: 6 foot 4 inches
Weight: 90kg
Body type: built
Qualifications in the industry: none

Supplements: currently using: protein shakes

Diet: pretty healthy

Goals: maintain muscle and increase weight.
bench 120kg
deadlift 180kg
squat 140kg

Height 184cm
Weight: 95kg
Body type: Meso/Endo
Qualification: None

Types of training:
  • Progressive bodyweight calisthenics (Eg. start with doing pushups on the wall, progress to one arm pushups legs together. For squats, start with support, progress to full pistols) Currently do push-ups, leg raises, pull ups, squats, and bridging. Plenty of good books on the subject, I recommend Convict Conditioning by Paul Wade, and basically anything by Al or Danny Kavadlo if you're interested.
  • Kettlebells
  • Cardio (recently did the Run Melbourne 5k in under 29mins, which I was pretty thrilled with), also do skipping, burpees, yadda yadda
PBs: Squats, Deadlift, Bench: No idea. Might try it some day, but I'm getting decent results in strength so far without it.

Supplements: Food and water

Goals:
  • to get my weight to around 80-84kg. Was up at 100 a few years ago, and got it down to about 89-91, but life has been super hectic this year, have ballooned out a bit.
  • To get to more progressive forms of bodyweight exercises
  • To run a sub-25min 5km

Last edited:

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
So I think I may be competing again. Early last year I did my first ever male fitness model shows, I dropped down from 95kg to 78kg over 20 weeks. I am back playing footy (just in the reserves) all season and we are last on the ladder which is partly why the gym is more appealing at the moment.

So long story short I'm aiming for a Comp most likely mid March, which means dieting will start around early December. This year I've hovered around 90kg, but weighed myself this morning at 94kg. The aim will be to maintain 92-94kg till dieting starts and enjoy calories while I have them.

Training the last few moths has been pretty simple
M- back,
T - legs,
W a chest,
Thurs - off
Fri - shoulders and arms.
16-18 sets on all body parts, in the rep range of 8-12, legs has been 12-20.

Once footy is over I will be doing push, legs, pull twice a week. Around 20 sets in the 6-10 rep range.

Dieting of late, protein intake has been spot on, but I have indulge in all the foods I shouldn't.

From now, I will be around 3000 calories a day. Just eating more good food if I'm hungry and indulge a little on a Saturday night.

Age; 30
Height; 178 / 5'10
Weight; 94kg

Will try and get a current pic up, hoping by publicly stating I want to compete you blokes on here will keep me honest!

PS; my current lifts
Bench press 100kg x 13 reps
Barbell row 90kg x 12 reps
Squats 90kg x 14 reps
Deadlift 140kg x 7 reps

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
16/18 sets? Massive.

Is it? I'm doing 24 sets at the moment for legs, back, chest. It does include a couple warm up sets, i've found my body responds well to volume.

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
How many different exercises would you do for your back, lets say? Just curious

I like a bit of variety, I find if im doing 6-8 sets on the one exercise I get "bored" and form can slip. So say for back day I will do 5-6 exercises 4 sets each.

Barbell, DB, cable rows
Lay pull down, inverted pull down and chin ups

Just counted and I hit 18 sets for chest today. Probably my biggest workout in terms of sets, I'd say legs/back would be about 15 sets. Shoulders less. I've never really counted though. I'm generally pretty instinctive.

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Pretty high rep ranges, Saj. But to lift more bench than squats seems a bit odd.

I've really backed off squats and deads during footy season because my legs don't recover in time for Saturday. Last game this weekend so give it 4 weeks and my squats will be right back up there.

Rep ranges are around 6-8 now, I like doing 10-12 week blocks of different rep ranges

WakeUpPies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
I got bored and dieted down for 2 months just because I can.

sw5vsp.jpg

Honestly not worth it. I'm tired and irritated all the time except during the 20 minutes after I've had my Coco Pops :D

Edit. And forget about PRs, I don't even lift.

Last edited:

Linda_Lovelace

Cancelled
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Height: 191
Weight: 115

Supplements:
Protein Powder

Diet:
4,000 calories a day, 45% protein, 45% carbs, 10% fat (give or take)

Goals:
12% body fat (last measure 15%), Dead lift 300kg (currently 250kg PB). Can't squat due to age related issues.

PB's - outside of deads, irrelevant as my program does things different and does not use traditional moves for things like bench press.

Achievements so far: Fat down from 27.5 in 6 months.

Back