The Olympic Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be tough but really doable. As I said earlier, we beat Serbia already by 15 points and were well in control of that game. Croatia on the other hand actually lost to Nigeria. Nigeria are ranked 25th in the world and are quite frankly, pretty rubbish.

Nigeria are ranked below Venezuela, a team we beat to the tune of 25 points.

Huge chance to make the Gold Medal game!
Croatia and Serbia can be quite hot and cold so wouldn't use their formline to gauge too much.

The boomers are the one national side at the moment I'm really getting behind. The Socceroos don't have anything too meaningful for a while do they? Our underage soccer sides still struggle. And our cricket side is a joke.

Will reluctantly watch the wallabies on the weekend. With the kiwis likely to get 2-3 more gold it's a real sad time to be an Aussie sports fan over here!

The boomers are the one national side at the moment I'm really getting behind. The Socceroos don't have anything too meaningful for a while do they? Our underage soccer sides still struggle. And our cricket side is a joke.

Will reluctantly watch the wallabies on the weekend. With the kiwis likely to get 2-3 more gold it's a real sad time to be an Aussie sports fan over here!
Cheer up JD - there's always the England football team!

I'm pledging my support behind the boomers. Would love to see you guys at least get to the final and give the US a game. Only a dodgy five minute spell in the 3rd when your shooting when to s**t cost you a possible victory against them in an earlier game.

On your struggles generally, reckon it's just a down cycle you are experiencing. Happens to everyone who is not the US. Probably needs a bit of a rethink on how you get your sportsmen performing to acceptable levels again. Apparently you are still well funded so I can't see why it won't happen
Apparently there has been question marks concerning the Olympic swimming trials. The US hold theres mere weeks before the Olympics while our were held closer to the start of the year.

So swimmers who were in form and swimming back then might not be now whereas the US swimmers bring form swimmers into the meet. Apparently we are going to look at that time table and change it to mirror the Americans which would make total sense.

Pretty intense finish to the Croatia - Serbia match in the men's basketball

Last 13 seconds has lasted about 5 minutes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're failing these Olympics so hard.

We have the two best blokes in the semi's of the BMX Individual. BOth win their heats on 3 points each. 3 races in each semi you get one point for finishing 1st, two points for finishing second etc The lowest points total is the best after three races.

First aussie bloke wins all three of his races in the semi to finish with 3 points ahead of the next best rider on 11.

Second aussie bloke repeats that winning all three of his semi races to finish on 3 points, the best possible score ahead of the next bloke on 11 points.

To the final. They finish 6th and 8th out of 8! Losing to blokes they have already trounced in the semis???

Good job! Haha.

Same for the women, rated medal chances, dont make final. :thumbsu:

We're failing these Olympics so hard.

We have the two best blokes in the semi's of the BMX Individual. BOth win their heats on 3 points each. 3 races in each semi you get one point for finishing 1st, two points for finishing second etc The lowest points total is the best after three races.

First aussie bloke wins all three of his races in the semi to finish with 3 points ahead of the next best rider on 11.

Second aussie bloke repeats that winning all three of his semi races to finish on 3 points, the best possible score ahead of the next bloke on 11 points.

To the final. They finish 6th and 8th out of 8! Losing to blokes they have already trounced in the semis???

Good job! Haha.

Same for the women, rated medal chances, dont make final. :thumbsu:
Needs to be a national enquiry. This is embarrassing. Now the Boomers albeit in a game they're expected to lose

Bolts 8 > Phelps 23
Based on what? That's a massive call.

I personally don't see the point in comparing them. Both won just about anything they entered. Both broke WR's in just about every olympics.

Phelps just became the oldest person to win an individual swimming event, ever, at the age of 31.

I don't see how you could possibly argue one over the other.

Wow did the Boomers just s**t the bed. Absolutely awful display. They should have saved that for the US cos at least they win a silver.

To go from comfortably beating Serbia in the groups to losing by 30 is pretty ******* woeful.

But the Gold Medal game should be good. Last time Serbia played the US it was a really tight game with the US getting up by just 38 points. So make sure to tune into that one.

Feel for the Boomers though, they just shot horribly. I really hope they can beat Spain and grab a medal but I dont like their chances as Spain are really good.

Based on what? That's a massive call.

I personally don't see the point in comparing them. Both won just about anything they entered. Both broke WR's in just about every olympics.

Phelps just became the oldest person to win an individual swimming event, ever, at the age of 31.

I don't see how you could possibly argue one over the other.
Multiple disciplines inflate Phelps figures. It's not like there is different versions of running 100 and 200m (hurdles is a completely different sport)

Also all able bodied people can run. Not all have the opportunity to swim.

Then throw in that Bolt went 9/9 compared to 23/30. Throw in that 10/23 were relays compared to 3/9.

It's a no contest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back