Preview Round 22 vs Collingwood @ Etihad, Saturday

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Common denominator is they are all outside players - there was absolutely no outside ball for us as we had 1 genuine inside mid to win it.

I make no excuse for Matera as he is rubbish most weeks.
That's why it was very stupid to drop Hallahan l know his no world beater but he has a man's body and he cracks in and puts his head over the ball. Very stupid dropping him based on stats he's not a possession accumulator.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
That's why it was very stupid to drop Hallahan l know his no world beater but he has a man's body and he cracks in and puts his head over the ball. Very stupid dropping him based on stats he's not a possession accumulator.

No argument from me - it was pretty easy to see what we missed out there tonight

Jun 10, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Hall had 26 disposals at 76% effective 12 contested.
Sorry but you're just Hall bashing.
I know I bash him, but watch the way he plays! Burns team mates, slow decision making, average skills, big u turns and then sky's it.
How many times does he let an opponent run past and he doesn't put pressure on.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
I know I bash him, but watch the way he plays! Burns team mates, slow decision making, average skills, big u turns and then sky's it.
How many times does he let an opponent run past and he doesn't put pressure on.

Hall comes in and our form nose dives the last 2 weeks... coincidence or is his unwillingness to do the hard things like stick tackles, execute game plan and run defensively spreading like the plague throughout the other players

Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Whys no one getting stuck into KK? Or Garlett? Grant? Sexton.. jesus.. hall has the 2nd amount of touches, at a higher disposal efficiency then the team average, 12 contested possesions, 7 clearances. Doesnt run both ways? Look at the heat maps, he barely touched it in the forward 50... 5 tackles! Hes just a whipping boy for some of you. We have too many soft outside players.. the plan was to have swallow, prestia, gaz and omeara feeding them so they could look a million bucks but its just a shambles atm

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I hate hearing this poor Ah Chee he's so banged up and fatigued hasn't trained for weeks but has to play because we have no one else, can't be good for him long term, I think it's why swollow & prestia are constantly injured now, club pushed their body to breaking point when they were to young

Last edited:
May 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I hate hearing this poor Ah Chee he's so banged up and fatigued hasn't trained for weeks but has to play because we have no one else
I'd be ropeable with that quote - if Ah Chee is cooked as Eade says he is, how can he possibly justify playing him and dropping a mature guy like Hallahan especially when you don't have an inside mid brigade? Hell play Seb Tape he's still fit, play Keogh, play anybody upright but the first year player that is so buggered he can't train.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I'd be ropeable with that quote - if Ah Chee is cooked as Eade says he is, how can he possibly justify playing him and dropping a mature guy like Hallahan especially when you don't have an inside mid brigade? Hell play Seb Tape he's still fit, play Keogh, play anybody upright but the first year player that is so buggered he can't train.
Would love to get Eade one on one and ask why was this allowed to happen...

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Absolutely spot on has made himself and the Match Committee look like A grade clowns. Leaving a 20yo in his second season by himself to carry the midfield contested ball load is borderline criminal. What a bizzare admission. Amateur hour not acceptable.

Last edited:

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
At some point I thought our lack of runners would catch up with us big time. The GWS game looked like the big danger game, but it turned out to be the road games against the Bombers and Pies. Suspect the big effort against the GWS was the finish line for a few players.

But incredibly disappointed that we are playing some who are rolling over b/c they are fit enough but mentally pissweak, and some who need a rest but can't dig deep enough to at least get to the third term before folding. It is OK to lose when we missing so many, but not OK to lose in that way.

The Good
  • Davis. Not perfect but has a real crack and most importantly keeps running.
  • Touk. Just keeps plugging away.
Who we thought they were
  • Hall. Runs hard through the midfield towards goal, not so hard the other way. Inconsistent disposal. But has burst, breaks a line, and kicks the ball...sometimes badly. What he is.
  • Brookers. Rucks like Jordan Roughead, runs like Mathew Lobbe. Not tall enough for his running and agility. If he was 7 cm taller would be a ruckman already for an AFL club.
The Bad
  • The players with 5 or more years of experience who are going along for the ride.
  • Selection committee.
Those who should not be playing for health reasons.
  • Sexton. Clearly not running well after that corkie. Pointless playing.
  • Saad. Has looked poor in every game since he came back, including in the NEAFL. That decision to play him against GWS with a tight hammy looks criminal. We should have gone into the game with 21 and stuff the short term consequences. The medium term consequence is horrible and if he does not bounce back next year, so will the long term ones.
  • KK. Only a couple of decent games all year. tbh, has looked a step slow with both feet and brain all year. Needs a good run at the preseason to bounce back.
  • Ah Chee. 1st year player looks cooked.
  • 2MP. 2nd year player looks cooked. Not quite getting to enough contests.
  • Garlett. 2nd year player. Injury interrupted first half of the year and then running through the midfield for a few games in a row = cooked.

Justlokan

All Australian
Aug 24, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Everton
At some point I thought our lack of runners would catch up with us big time. The GWS game looked like the big danger game, but it turned out to be the road games against the Bombers and Pies. Suspect the big effort against the GWS was the finish line for a few players.

But incredibly disappointed that we are playing some who are rolling over b/c they are fit enough but mentally pissweak, and some who need a rest but can't dig deep enough to at least get to the third term before folding. It is OK to lose when we missing so many, but not OK to lose in that way.

The Good
  • Davis. Not perfect but has a real crack and most importantly keeps running.
  • Touk. Just keeps plugging away.
Who we thought they were
  • Hall. Runs hard through the midfield towards goal, not so hard the other way. Inconsistent disposal. But has burst, breaks a line, and kicks the ball...sometimes badly. What he is.
  • Brookers. Rucks like Jordan Roughead, runs like Mathew Lobbe. Not tall enough for his running and agility. If he was 7 cm taller would be a ruckman already for an AFL club.
The Bad
  • The players with 5 or more years of experience who are going along for the ride.
  • Selection committee.
Those who should not be playing for health reasons.
  • Sexton. Clearly not running well after that corkie. Pointless playing.
  • Saad. Has looked poor in every game since he came back, including in the NEAFL. That decision to play him against GWS with a tight hammy looks criminal. We should have gone into the game with 21 and stuff the short term consequences. The medium term consequence is horrible and if he does not bounce back next year, so will the long term ones.
  • KK. Only a couple of decent games all year. tbh, has looked a step slow with both feet and brain all year. Needs a good run at the preseason to bounce back.
  • Ah Chee. 1st year player looks cooked.
  • 2MP. 2nd year player looks cooked. Not quite getting to enough contests.
  • Garlett. 2nd year player. Injury interrupted first half of the year and then running through the midfield for a few games in a row = cooked.
Thanks for the insights. Question from an outsider - what's happened to Hallahan? I know he came from a good system where even I could get a kick, but is there an issue between him and Rocket? Has he been injured? He seems to be getting omitted every 2nd week.
Someone like Hallahan has a mature body and can hold his own out there would be important for such a young side I would've thought.

Krozza

All Australian
Dec 11, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys!!
Thanks for the insights. Question from an outsider - what's happened to Hallahan? I know he came from a good system where even I could get a kick, but is there an issue between him and Rocket? Has he been injured? He seems to be getting omitted every 2nd week.
Someone like Hallahan has a mature body and can hold his own out there would be important for such a young side I would've thought.

35 and 4 goals in NEAFL yesterday. Go figure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back