No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I take it you didn't read the article you posted, or the interview to which it connected then?

I'm not much for apologists, but that blogger is as objective as Mark Robinson. There's plenty in the interview - which, if you read it, shows that Swan was barely involved with the thing, only fighting at all because a set of six bouncers attacked his friend - to provoke thought, far more than your rather cold dismissal.

Great player. Stronger personality than the majority of the media who wrote stuff about him. Pity he played for Collingwood.

I actually enjoyed his dry sense of humor.

His best one liner upon being asked about a player on the footy show after the articles about players being told to stay away from him.

"I wouldn't have a clue, no one speaks to me anymore apparently."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NORF .......

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2016-08-24/farewell-our-champions

North Melbourne has made the difficult decision not to re-contract four of its most decorated players.

The club has advised Brent Harvey, Drew Petrie, Nick Dal Santo and Michael Firrito that 2016 would be their last season at Arden Street.

On the eve of the finals and they make this announcement now!

I'd be filthy if I was a North Melbourne supporter. The lack of class shown by the club in this instance is unbelievable.

Petrie, Firrito and NDS are fair enough decisions but Harvey is still in their best few players and looks like he could certainly go around again next year.

More than that though, the manner in which they've lumped all four players together is a terrible way to see off some of the best players to represent that club.

Now, how do destroy the morale in a team and the slim chances a club had in the up and coming finals series. I know, let's sack Harvey, Delsanto, Firitto and Petrie two weeks before the finals. I can the see the team meetings being a great place. Harvey will finish in their top 10 if not 5. I can see a Dogs or even a Port Adelaide picking him up. As much as it sickens me to say this, Craig Hutchinson was right about Scott. He is clueless as a coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back