Autopsy V Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

People are going to say once again your just gleefully putting the boots into the club again but i would be hoping we are actively looking to do better than at least 12 of that side.
People are kidding themselves again if they think the list is not too far off or can be turned around quickly.
But hey the players are the least of our problems, we need to get the right people into the footy department before we even contemplate moving on the many players we need to.

It's recruiting strategy .... That's the first thing that must change. I love that we added Markov and Rioli this year ...but.

#NoMoreSkinnyOutsiders

Hardwick is right. The list has gotten better and better each year he has been there. so how can it be that we are getting worse and worse? The answer is the gameplan, which is instilled by Hardwick. Right now, Hardwick is at the centre of all of our immediate performance problems.

I don't agree. adding outside run at the expense of big bodied keys is not improving the list. Lopsided recruiting

I'm a middle aged man. I have very faint memories of 1980. For the first time in my life, I am starting to believe that even if I live another 30 or 40 years, it won't be long enough to see another Tiges flag.

Pretty crappy feeling right now not unlike being consistently beaten by you guys!!! lol
I'm a middle aged man. I have very faint memories of 1980. For the first time in my life, I am starting to believe that even if I live another 30 or 40 years, it won't be long enough to see another Tiges flag.

There is an old song titled 'turn turn turn' . Everything in life has it's place, it's turn......including I believe a richmond flag. Don't despair. You have beaten is regularly!!

The current success of the swans(in staying consistently in finals - even if flag eludes us) is their attention to detail and professionalism in every aspect of the club- coaching, development, injury mgt, administration, list mgt. The swans have had the same or lesser high level picks yet are able to 'produce' the high quality player (often another clubs discard) because of the superiority of what they do in the off field things. Get the formula right in THAT area first and foremost and it produces what you want .... A chane at a flag regularly. Don't do that and you become no better than eddie the fat controller constantly picking at what others do in order to make HIS team better when facts are we ALL have the same opportunities.

Yep. Born 1980, and that same sad reality has sunk in with me too.

People are going to say once again your just gleefully putting the boots into the club again but i would be hoping we are actively looking to do better than at least 12 of that side.
People are kidding themselves again if they think the list is not too far off or can be turned around quickly.
But hey the players are the least of our problems, we need to get the right people into the footy department before we even contemplate moving on the many players we need to.
Yep, I highly doubt we are a Prestia + Yarran away from the top 8.

Our forward line is now probably the worst in the competition, our midfield is probably bottom 4 in the competition and our defence is rapidly plummetting. I'd have it in the bottom 4 or 5.

Under the current administration, I think we are heading for a bottom 2 finish next season.

Yep, I highly doubt we are a Prestia + Yarran away from the top 8.

Our forward line is now probably the worst in the competition, our midfield is probably bottom 4 in the competition and our defence is rapidly plummetting. I'd have it in the bottom 4 or 5.

Under the current administration, I think we are heading for a bottom 2 finish next season.
Dont despair, Dimma says finals in 2017

If you guys are interested, I started a petition on change.org about removing Dimma as coach. About the only thing that we can do that doesn't affect the club in some way. boycotting, cancelling memberships etc. aren't the solution.

https://www.change.org/p/the-remova...ents_action_panel_wrapper&utm_medium=copylink

There actually already is one going for a while now but surprisingly not many supporters so far.
https://www.change.org/p/richmond-football-club-sack-damien-hardwick-from-richmond-football-club

Pretty crappy feeling right now not unlike being consistently beaten by you guys!!! lol

There is an old song titled 'turn turn turn' . Everything in life has it's place, it's turn......including I believe a richmond flag. Don't despair. You have beaten is regularly!!

The current success of the swans(in staying consistently in finals - even if flag eludes us) is their attention to detail and professionalism in every aspect of the club- coaching, development, injury mgt, administration, list mgt. The swans have had the same or lesser high level picks yet are able to 'produce' the high quality player (often another clubs discard) because of the superiority of what they do in the off field things. Get the formula right in THAT area first and foremost and it produces what you want .... A chane at a flag regularly. Don't do that and you become no better than eddie the fat controller constantly picking at what others do in order to make HIS team better when facts are we ALL have the same opportunities.

Wrong thread and wrong board and wrong time for are "we swans are sooooo awesome!!!" post

Have some class douche

It's what you say combined with Cola... Combined with their recruiting zone. Take out buddy, Tippett Heaney and Mills and that swans list not only has a different look but they have to manage the list differently as well

Playing Kids not yet even VFL ready is his cover for s**t performances.
He no longer gives a stuff about the long term damage he's doing to the team and the kids, it's all about establishing plausible excuses with the goal of self preservation.
Yep that's why they were given games now. It's gives him an out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had a bad feeling this season would not got well when I went to the Port v Tigers last preseason game back in March. When Hardwick wanted to call the game off. What sort of coach does that?? Also we got thrashed that night and I remember yelling at the players how embarrassing it was.

That's the first time I saw recruits Townsend & Moore play and it was pretty underwhelming.

I then officially knew the season was over when I went to see the Crows game in Rd 3 and they were miles off it and the game plan was a stinker.

The season has been a disaster from the very start. A season of shame. One of the worst I can remember and I've been following this rabble for 4 decades.

I hold the following responsible and they should be removed immediately cos they don't know what theyr'e doing:
Hardwick (Hoodwink?)
Peggy
Richardson
Jackson
Hartley

Gale is also responsible but I would keep him and hope he learns from his mistakes.

Did anyone get the impression that Hardwick's press conference was a little...forced?

Especially when he was asked about what prospective players would think of coming over after seeing that effort, it seemed as though he was reciting what the board enforced on him or the nonsense they spout to those footballers.

The change in tone and genuinity was obvious when the question turned to Sydney's gamestyle and he was allowed to be honest.

Edit: from 3:27

Maybe Jack, Rance and Cotchin aside, there's very little leadership, commitment and passion for the jumper on field from the more experienced players in this group. When you're looking up to the likes of Grigg and Edwards as 150+ game players, you get a result like yesterday.

Most of these blokes don't have that Maric like craziness and commitment. Roll up, get paid, no worries...

Last edited:
To be honest, how did anyone expect any better a performance with the team we were fielding? I certainly was not surprised with the result...
No Deledio, Miles, Griffiths, Vickery, Batchelor, Chaplin, Morris (even missing McIntosh) which were at some point all best 22 this year or last year.
As much as I think the club needs a new coach, I can't 100% blame Hardwick for yesterdays performance. The kids were just shown up by a very, very experienced side. They'll all be better for the run.
I'm excited for this off season, getting everybody back to health and hopefully starting fresh with some new pickups.

OK you are an up and coming player with real talent and the prospect of a 10 to 12 year career in the AFL. Would you come to Richmond? I wouldn't. I support the club but if I had a talented son I would not allow him near Punt Rd. in case he was tempted to show an interest in playing for us.

To be honest, how did anyone expect any better a performance with the team we were fielding? I certainly was not surprised with the result...
No Deledio, Miles, Griffiths, Vickery, Batchelor, Chaplin, Morris (even missing McIntosh) which were at some point all best 22 this year or last year.
As much as I think the club needs a new coach, I can't 100% blame Hardwick for yesterdays performance. The kids were just shown up by a very, very experienced side. They'll all be better for the run.
I'm excited for this off season, getting everybody back to health and hopefully starting fresh with some new pickups.
LMAO.

OK you are an up and coming player with real talent and the prospect of a 10 to 12 year career in the AFL. Would you come to Richmond? I wouldn't. I support the club but if I had a talented son I would not allow him near Punt Rd. in case he was tempted to show an interest in playing for us.

I would. We got the best song.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back