Autopsy V Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone get the impression that Hardwick's press conference was a little...forced?

Especially when he was asked about what prospective players would think of coming over after seeing that effort, it seemed as though he was reciting what the board enforced on him or the nonsense they spout to those footballers.

The change in tone and genuinity was obvious when the question turned to Sydney's gamestyle and he was allowed to be honest.

Edit: from 3:27
the only thing that was forced in his PC was when he knocked the Gatorade bottle over. Embarrassing

Apart from crippled lids and improving macca the ones you listed are a bunch of crap.
BTW they were all playing earlier in the year where did it get us? Plus if they are best 22 well we know how badly we are travelling.
McIntosh would be so much better if we abandon the nonsense of making him a defender. He's an out and out midfielder and I would start him in the guts each week.

Can someone dig up the bones of Graeme Richmond and leave them on the boardroom table Even dead he wouldn't put up with this crap and make some moves to resurrect this club
The Board runs the club and it's overdue that that make the hard calls
Dimma out
Recruiting Team Out
Conditioning Team Out
Balme in a head of football
Knighta in as assistant coach
Bomber Thompson in as assistant or head coach
Delist a large number of players who clearly are not up to it( I could list 10plus) but will leave it up to more qualified people
Recruit some players with some size aggression who can kick and run
Make us the number one tackling team
Play a decent style of football
I can handle us losing if we try tackle smother and play a decent game style and I can see a light at the end of the tunnel not the crap we are playing at present
Sadly you can't do all that in one foul swoop.
Something tells me we wre going to the draft and trade period with the same recruiting bloke, same list manager and same football dept head!

Apologies if unwelcome, but surely this just makes his excuse that you expect that kind of performance 7 first or 2nd year players even worse, talking about Sydney's "experienced" backline which had Harrison Marsh, Harry Cunningham, Aliir Aliir in it, (in addition to Papley, Heeney, Hewett and Naismith) meaning Sydney also had 7 1st or 2nd year players.

How did no Journo question that logic?
I'm one - a journo - but don't cover AFL. But yes, the line of questioning to Dimma from the media has been as poor as his coaching. He has his mates Watson, Lloyd and Robbo pumping his tyres up still every week.
I said as much to a mate watching the game with me ... Sydney had a bunch of first and second year players running around. Yet they seemed well-drilled and do the team things.

To be honest, how did anyone expect any better a performance with the team we were fielding? I certainly was not surprised with the result...
No Deledio, Miles, Griffiths, Vickery, Batchelor, Chaplin, Morris (even missing McIntosh) which were at some point all best 22 this year or last year.
As much as I think the club needs a new coach, I can't 100% blame Hardwick for yesterdays performance. The kids were just shown up by a very, very experienced side. They'll all be better for the run.
I'm excited for this off season, getting everybody back to health and hopefully starting fresh with some new pickups.
Refreshing to see someone optimistic, but I won't join you in your optimism. I'll tell you why. Let's run through those players missing:

Deledio - need to start finding other options as he may be slowing down

Miles - Hardwick chose to leave him out, he was available

Griffiths - he was injured, should be able to cover him 7 years into our rebuild given his usual output

Batchelor - should be able to cover him 7 years into our rebuild given his usual output

Vickery - definitely need to be able to cover as he is probably gone next year anyway

Chaplin - finished already

Morris - we made finals last year without needing a lot from him

McIntosh - Only one I'll give you from those out due to injury.

Should all of these outs result in a 113 point loss to the Minor Premier after making finals 3 years in a row if we were a decent side? No. Most of these guys are/should be depth players anyway. Essendon had so many out this year and they were never 136 points down at any stage this year. Even Brisbane were not 136 points down 5 minutes into the last quarter against anyone (although they lost to Adelaide by 138 points).

We still had Cotchin, Dusty, Riewoldt and Rance out there in the loss. 4/5 of our best players. Grigg, BEllis and Houli were still there. So, I just don't see the outs as the main factor to our performance.

I just think we are a bad side heading to the bottom 2 next year with the way things are going.

i have reported this post bc i'm sick of your childish games.The mods can work out troll accounts .now go away and comfort your hubby
Good luck, I find it unsavoury how posters come on here gloating after a loss, I love football, i will back myself on most occasions with my actions and comments I make against any nonsense that I believe to be spiteful, misinformed, unbalanced, inaccurate or ignorant by those who choose to use forums as a negative sounding board.

Some of these posters will come on here and complain 100 times a week after a loss, yet after a stirring win become dormant.

I find this unacceptable so i will stick up for my team as i would expect others to do the same.

Some of these posters will come on here and complain 100 times a week after a loss, yet after a stirring win become dormant.

I find this unacceptable so i will stick up for my team as i would expect others to do the same.

This is not about the odd "stirring" win. As other posters have already pointed out, just about every season for the last 34 years has had the odd "stirring" win. That may be enough for you. Maybe all you want is to put you arm around a mate a few times a year and head to the pub. But plenty of us saw the writing on the wall. You could see this season coming a mile off. Just think of some of our turgid performances over the latter stages of last season, such as when when Adelaide had about four times as many scoring shots; or when we took most of the match to put paid to North Melbourne's b-team on the eve of the finals. The fact is, you can't be anything without a functioning forwardline, a good ruckman, some depth in the midfield, and more than one defender that would get a game at another club. Everyone is entitled to be ropeable that we are in this predicament after seven years of Hardwick. His task was not impossible. For seven years, he has had a side with five of the top 50 players in the league, yet has bugger-all to show for it.

Refreshing to see someone optimistic, but I won't join you in your optimism. I'll tell you why. Let's run through those players missing:

Deledio - need to start finding other options as he may be slowing down

Miles - Hardwick chose to leave him out, he was available

Griffiths - he was injured, should be able to cover him 7 years into our rebuild given his usual output

Batchelor - should be able to cover him 7 years into our rebuild given his usual output

Vickery - definitely need to be able to cover as he is probably gone next year anyway

Chaplin - finished already

Morris - we made finals last year without needing a lot from him

McIntosh - Only one I'll give you from those out due to injury.

Should all of these outs result in a 113 point loss to the Minor Premier after making finals 3 years in a row if we were a decent side? No. Most of these guys are/should be depth players anyway. Essendon had so many out this year and they were never 136 points down at any stage this year. Even Brisbane were not 136 points down 5 minutes into the last quarter against anyone (although they lost to Adelaide by 138 points).

We still had Cotchin, Dusty, Riewoldt and Rance out there in the loss. 4/5 of our best players. Grigg, BEllis and Houli were still there. So, I just don't see the outs as the main factor to our performance.

I just think we are a bad side heading to the bottom 2 next year with the way things are going.

Can't disagree with you. Excellent points.
So really its still just poor depth and underperforming middle tier players.

Ok. Quite a bit said. You can have whatever opinion you want. If you want to believe COLA (which no longer exists and for which list mgt decisions were made to equality) or academies (which are now entirely weighted on proper value save 25% discount) is the reason for success then by all means do so. It is the popular self delusion perpetrated down south because it excuses facing the truth. That truth is exactly as I said.

To be a success the very first thing you must do is be honest with yourself about where it stands. If you don't as a club then it's unachievable because your starting point is an illusion

I'm sorry if this sounds like telling you how to suck eggs , that wasn't my intention. My intention was to say that richmond WILL have it's turn, it's place in the sun so don't despair at one loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck, I find it unsavoury how posters come on here gloating after a loss, I love football, i will back myself on most occasions with my actions and comments I make against any nonsense that I believe to be spiteful, misinformed, unbalanced, inaccurate or ignorant by those who choose to use forums as a negative sounding board.

Stiff s**t and what does this have to do with you behaving like a fifteen yo and accusing me of having another account?
I'm always on here win or lose so again you're full of yourself.
The only person here being spiteful is you by your posts of late.
Pretty amazing how 90% of posters now are basically saying what a few were saying for the last three years.
Yet you haven't caught on. Which possibly suggests you're a fanbois and troll as what genuine RFC supporter would want this incompetent buffoon coaching us.
Now if you don't like it go and join the DH Arnott's Teddy Bear Facebook forum.

Last edited:
Ok. Quite a bit said. You can have whatever opinion you want. If you want to believe COLA (which no longer exists and for which list mgt decisions were made to equality) or academies (which are now entirely weighted on proper value save 25% discount) is the reason for success then by all means do so. It is the popular self delusion perpetrated down south because it excuses facing the truth. That truth is exactly as I said.

To be a success the very first thing you must do is be honest with yourself about where it stands. If you don't as a club then it's unachievable because your starting point is an illusion

I'm sorry if this sounds like telling you how to suck eggs , that wasn't my intention. My intention was to say that richmond WILL have it's turn, it's place in the sun so don't despair at one loss.

Seriously dude, main board if you want to have this fight (per your op)

Playing in Sydney mate so it was difficult.probably not the best memory of your last game either had he gone.
Was thinking our last game at home against the saints
Anyways, thought Ivan deserved more for his services ...but it would be just lie, him to decline and want to play VFL...God thing he got to go out a winner

Can't believe Dimma faces the media with a huge smirk on his face. Clearly, he cannot coach and needs to be paid out before he weaves his magic on more of our Star players (Jack has become "ordinary" from "Elite"). Sure the list is one of the worst in the AFL, but I don't trust the powers to be to develop a good side.

Inside the four walls - the culture is rotten. Dimma is wiping the floor with the jumper. Half the players on our list need to be put on the table. Thank God this train wreck of a season is over, but there's not much optimism until coaching, recruiting, development and players are moved on.

.. and Dimma says we "might learn something" from this year. The only thing I've learnt is that coaches should never been given extensions until AFTER the season. Then we would not have to wait 2 years to start the rebuild. Dimma will be plugging holes. We are 5-7 years off from sustained success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back