Preview Round 23 vs Port Adelaide @ Metricon, Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm excited and scared at the same time. I have a feeling we are going to see a very different team come round 1 next year

I'm scared to even go into the trade/free agency thread now, the next 3months is going to be a rollercoast ride, thats for sure.

I reckon they would take Brodie over luggage
I would probably take both over Bowes, but at the same time would be happy with any of them.

I reckon they would take Brodie over luggage
Maybe, both are very good, if Bowes gets through the first couple of picks Freo won't pick him so we may get him after pick 6 if Carlton pass at 5. Maybe I'm dreaming but 2 quality players plus Bowes and Sheer would be as good as the 2010 draft for us

In all seriousness that game by Fiorini was exactly what Suns fans wanted after the mercenary made his announcement this week. Bowes and Scheer had good games in the twos, Fiorini and Miller chopped up in the ones. Now all we need to do is fill the gaps with some mature players in the midfield and things are never as bad as they seem.
Exactly that is the best second game l have ever seen. 162 Dream Team points in your second game is unheard of. Watching Fiorini and Miller tonight l couldn't care less if Prestia joins O'mera. They will cover them and more.

i remember watching bradd dalziell (or however you spell it) play his first game for brissy and get 30-odd disposals, which was pretty bloody impressive.

but fiorini tonight was something else. after the s**t we've been through this season, to see a performance like that from a second gamer was such a delight. #dicksoutforfiorini

i remember watching bradd dalziell (or however you spell it) play his first game for brissy and get 30-odd disposals, which was pretty bloody impressive.

but fiorini tonight was something else. after the s**t we've been through this season, to see a performance like that from a second gamer was such a delight. #dicksoutforfiorini
Umm how do I like this minus the dicks out part?

Saady had some bounce back in his legs. Welcome relief.
Fiorini as draft-advertised = ball magnet. Welcome relief.

Jack Martin and Ah Chee absolutely have that combination of a touch of class with a chunk of grunt.
Played ok but lost, will take that.

Was hoping that when Day went back that he would stay there and they would throw May into the middle for a while, a bit like Roughy with the Hawks would do. A few minutes in there to be aggressive and get the ball moving forward.
If Day can't clunk his marks or kick straight he may not get a game next year. 2MP showed earlier he can do both (but running on fumes the last few games).

I loved Darcy's game, JJ is coming along too and of course Fiorini, watched these kids after the game with their families just humble starry eyed kids loving the chance to play on the big stage, I think we have some real reason to look forward to next year now and 2016 will be the final cleanse of the Bluey hangover era. It is up to Clayton now BUT we have dough and picks so better chance than not we will be brimming with good players next year

I loved Darcy's game, JJ is coming along too and of course Fiorini, watched these kids after the game with their families just humble starry eyed kids loving the chance to play on the big stage, I think we have some real reason to look forward to next year now and 2016 will be the final cleanse of the Bluey hangover era. It is up to Clayton now BUT we have dough and picks so better chance than not we will be brimming with good players next year

Honestly, this is the only thing not making me hate barrack for us at the moment. The kids we've picked up from the last 2-3 drafts have played beyond their years so far, and are really looking like being a solid nucleus going forward. Plus there is no Bluey stink and they all seem to be developing really well.

This off season is just massive for us... it could make us an instant contender or put us back 5 years... Rosa was a solid pick last year but if I was rating last year's off season, it would be a C minus bordering on D+... we have a huge quantity of decisions this year we need to make huge quality... if we are fishing around for the likes oh Howe and Everitt only to wind up with Jared Grant at the end of this years trade period then my family is going to be dealing with one cranky Greendogg!!
Drafting aside, it comes down to persuading an all australian type player to come to Metricon...

This off season is just massive for us... it could make us an instant contender or put us back 5 years... Rosa was a solid pick last year but if I was rating last year's off season, it would be a C minus bordering on D+... we have a huge quantity of decisions this year we need to make huge quality... if we are fishing around for the likes oh Howe and Everitt only to wind up with Jared Grant at the end of this years trade period then my family is going to be dealing with one cranky Greendogg!!
Drafting aside, it comes down to persuading an all australian type player to come to Metricon...

Need to use Prestia and O'Meara to get the "mature" players that Eade needs. Otherwise the club is 1 of 17 trying to poach that small number of players that all clubs are chasing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deledio is a champion, and I would be surprised if Richmond move him on - that'd be throwing the baby out with the bathwater in my eyes - but anything is possible. If we picked him up as a straight-swap for Prestia, I'd be pretty okay with that.

Concern: Deledio hasn't played the last few games this season. Don't want another Malceski. Don't want another ex-champion who's given to us as their game is falling apart.

It's a real shame because he was super durable for such a long time.. I wouldn't be rapt with it but don't think we are a destination at the moment

I still say we should go after Boomer (offering an assistant coaching role as part of the deal, of course). It would be the only way to attract him to the Gold Coast IMO. The idea of uprooting his life in Victoria would likely have no appeal unless there was a coaching role on the table (life after football is an attractive offer for anybody who isn't planning to be a media-personality - plus, as a selling point, the Gold Coast really is a great place to live, considering it's so damn beautiful compared to Melbourne).

I still say we should go after Boomer (offering an assistant coaching role as part of the deal, of course). It would be the only way to attract him to the Gold Coast IMO. The idea of uprooting his life in Victoria would likely have no appeal unless there was a coaching role on the table (life after football is an attractive offer for anybody who isn't planning to be a media-personality - plus, as a selling point, the Gold Coast really is a great place to live, considering it's so damn beautiful compared to Melbourne).
I want to see some of the GWS kids who can't force their way into the Seniors. Steele, Hooper and Tomlinson etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back