Certified Legendary Thread Race for the flag, in squiggly lines

Remove this Banner Ad

That's because you weren't scary. You just dominated a really weak period of footy. I'm really interested to see how you go against a Victorian team on the mcg.
Yep keep it up mate the fall will be immense justthey say one week is a long time in football two weeks is an eternity love it cats fans up and about brings back memories of 2008

Nope, looking forward to ending your rabble. Would love nothing more than handing the Hawks an almighty thumping in the grand final.
Sydney/South Melbourne have won a paltry five premierships and they were by margins of 2 points, 5 points, 42 points (vs Richmond), 4 points and 10 points. Three of your five premierships (60%) have been because your opponent had more shots at goal but were woefully inaccurate.

The likelihood of Swans winning a premiership, let alone that victory being a 'thumping' is pretty low.

Hawthorn have won as many premierships in past 10 years as the Swans have in the last 100. Who is the rabble?

Says a lot about Geelong then - 07, 09 and 11 were also weak periods in footy :p :D

I'm just agreeing with what you said. At no point would anyone consider the Hawks of the past three years would have had the same aura as the geelong side did. They just scratched their way through the home and away season and then battled their way through finals. At no point did they dominate sides. It's just a fact.

That's because you weren't scary. You just dominated a really weak period of footy. I'm really interested to see how you go against a Victorian team on the mcg.

Yep keep it up mate the fall will be immense justthey say one week is a long time in football two weeks is an eternity love it cats fans up and about brings back memories of 2008

Says a lot about Geelong then - 07, 09 and 11 were also weak periods in footy :p :D

I'm just agreeing with what you said. At no point would anyone consider the Hawks of the past three years would have had the same aura as the geelong side did. They just scratched their way through the home and away season and then battled their way through finals. At no point did they dominate sides. It's just a fact.

And the cats were in the softest period of footy

Anyway, we just got the job done

Get the f*** out of this thread

Why are the Hawfies so insistent on displaying their red raw bottoms over 1963 for all to see? Don't we have other threads for that type of thing?

Like the fact that the Swans seem to go to water whenever they play the Hawks.... giving up huge leads and letting us back in the contest :D
Like the fact that Hawthorn are the best team in the AFL era, who cares if they don't get 4 in a row! Can't take the threepeat away :p
Brisbane? :rolleyes:
Geelong? :rolleyes:

Th
Theyve been dominating finals.
At the end of day you have to just accept hawks lead cats in the gf stakes, no matter how pretty the cats footy was back in the day.

Hi Final Siren, I know sample size is fairly small, but is it possible to do a finals only squiggle? Just to bust the myth that some teams 'get up the finals'.

And people complain about hawks supporters arrogance (yes you are being arrogant). At least we have cause to be arrogant.
You know...I'm really trying hard to NOT dislike some Swans supporters but SOME like you make that difficult.
Hahaha, so apparently anybody who doesn't "kneel before Zod" and quake in their boots at the thought of their team playing Hawthorn is arrogant.

I don't care if you like me, or the Swans, so I'm out. Check the squiggle and your place on it. Peace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney/South Melbourne have won a paltry five premierships and they were by margins of 2 points, 5 points, 42 points (vs Richmond), 4 points and 10 points. Three of your five premierships (60%) have been because your opponent had more shots at goal but were woefully inaccurate.

The likelihood of Swans winning a premiership, let alone that victory being a 'thumping' is pretty low.

Hawthorn have won as many premierships in past 10 years as the Swans have in the last 100. Who is the rabble?
I don't see how any of this is at all relevant to this years grand final.

Th

Theyve been dominating finals.
At the end of day you have to just accept hawks lead cats in the gf stakes, no matter how pretty the cats footy was back in the day.

Since 2000, Sydney, Geelong and Hawthorn have dominated finals, holding more than a 50% win record. Swans most played of all teams, Hawthorn least played of the 3 teams but highest win % overall.

Hawks 5 gfs, Geelong 4, Swans 4.
Hawks 4 wins, Geelong 3, Swans 2.

Lets see what happens this year because Hawks so called "greatest team of the AFL era" will be put to the acid test

And people complain about hawks supporters arrogance (yes you are being arrogant). At least we have cause to be arrogant.
You know...I'm really trying hard to NOT dislike some Swans supporters but SOME like you make that difficult.
If that's being arrogant, go to your own board and read the headf*****d thread. That's arrogance

Why does the squiggle hate St Kilda? I thought despite playing like a bottom 4 team away from home we were clearly the best side out of the 8 this year (as the 2 win buffer would suggest). If it is scoring related then why is Collingwood with an almost identical but worse points for and %age clearly ahead of us?

Since 2000, Sydney, Geelong and Hawthorn have dominated finals, holding more than a 50% win record. Swans most played of all teams, Hawthorn least played of the 3 teams but highest win % overall.

Hawks 5 gfs, Geelong 4, Swans 4.
Hawks 4 wins, Geelong 3, Swans 2.

Lets see what happens this year because Hawks so called "greatest team of the AFL era" will be put to the acid test

But this "acid test" has already occurred. Hawthorn are the greatest team of the AFL era.

Last edited:
Why does the squiggle hate St Kilda? I thought despite playing like a bottom 4 team away from home we were clearly the best side out of the 8 this year (as the 2 win buffer would suggest). If it is scoring related then why is Collingwood with an almost identical but worse points for and %age clearly ahead of us?
We were coming off a pretty low base from last year and with our pretty easy draw this year didn't perform that far above expectations in most games.

We were coming off a pretty low base from last year and with our pretty easy draw this year didn't perform that far above expectations in most games.
Don't know about not performing above expectations. I doubt anyone would have tipped us for 12 wins pre season.

Final Siren Is that Sydney game being designated a neutral venue as it is at Stadium Australia?
I think the Squiggle gives home state advantages so I think it should be neutral

If that's being arrogant, go to your own board and read the headf*****d thread. That's arrogance

You actually went to our board and read through that? You know that kind of justified it? :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back