Ban The Captain 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure what others think, but this is the part of the game that pisses me off the most.
I can handle injuries, it's a real part of the sport.
I can deal with perceived over/underscoring of players. Like real life there's always divided thinking over who the best players were.
Guys getting dropped no worries.

Double points for captains is complete bullshit as far as I'm concerned and nerds to be removed from the game. Its pure luck each week and kills it for no good reason*
I intend to write to the Hun and ask them to remove it from the game. I Call on any other BF members who dislike this part of the game to do the same.

See Seymour Skinners missing of dangers 229.

#banthecaptain

Bingo. HS want page hits and eyeballs on their website all weekend. The more interactive they can make it (captain loopholes, rolling lockouts) the more we all look. Since they (correctly) introduced the rolling lockout I'm on their website all damn weekend instead of set-and-forget Friday and check in Monday.

I actually think SC is the game that benefits the most from it with rolling lockouts, and loopholing adds a dimension for players who don't take the field. It's far shitter in RDT and Fantasy where you're locked in before the round starts and an early bad call can ruin your entire weekend.

How is it "pure luck"?

There's this bloke named Patrick whose averaging 132, make him your VC or C

You then make an educated guess and pick a player to form a nice VC/C combo with that Patrick guy

Injuries single-handedly destroy seasons, not VC/C picks...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, have to disagree with you mate.

VC and C is a part of the game along with the VC loophole.

It adds more strategy to the game.

I rolled the dice and didn't pick Dangerfield as VC this weekend hoping he would fail so I could get the advantage on my opponent by having two rolls of the dice still.

Didn't work out for me in the end but I live and die by the sword. I love a gamble. LOL!

Last edited:
I like the loopholing option. It's not luck, in fact it adds an extra skill.

no need for any rule changes. the game is well set up as it is.
The VC loophole sucks you in - you have to invest too much time into SC

Na C is good, but I think ban the VC. Pick your captain at the start of the week and live with the result that's what I recon.

Just get rid of the VC, if your C doesn't play, tough luck.

Can't think of a time this year when someone's 'captain' was a late out? Did this happen to anyone this year. Seems pretty rare that a captain choice is a late out

Can't think of a time this year when someone's 'captain' was a late out? Did this happen to anyone this year. Seems pretty rare that a captain choice is a late out
Can't think of any recent examples of this happening either.

They can just lock out VC and C choices once the first match of the round starts

That stops VC/C loophole without effecting the rolling lookout, and still keeps a VC backup in case your Captain is a late out

I do however like the VC/C loophole and hope they don't change anything

They can just lock out VC and C choices once the first match of the round starts

That stops VC/C loophole without effecting the rolling lookout, and still keeps a VC backup in case your Captain is a late out

I do however like the VC/C loophole and hope they don't change anything

I like it too. If you get a couple of underperforming spuds early on in the round it means you still have options to try to make up points. On a slightly more selfish note, for those of us who work evenings it means you don't have to constantly find ways to check your matchup right before the first game to see if your opponent has changed his VC/C because you're not locked out (I still try to check but it's nice to know it's not disastrous if I can't). Plus it adds a kind of 'cat and mouse' element to the game if you're trying to get a pod and your opponent is trying to neutralise you, or vice versa.

Also, this place just lights up with "Should I take Player X's 150 VC?" questions and I love reading them all, trying to imagine myself in that position, and examining all the possible outcomes before I reply "Of course you ******* should, numbnuts."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back