Universal Love Ross Lyonisms

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the message to the youngsters as to what you expect on day one pre-season?

"Anyone who thinks they can go and have 10 weeks off and sit in a cabana and drink Sailor Jerry and dry all day and eat hamburgers, that's not the way it works. ... But if they carry themselves like Matthew Pavlich has for the last 17 years we'll be in good shape."

That was oddly specific. Ross might have accidentally let slip his holiday plans.

Do as I say, not as I do.

Whats a Sailor Jerry?
Sailor+Jerry+Spiced+Rum+Jasons+Scotch+Whisky+Reviews+033.jpg

"Anyone who thinks they can go and have 10 weeks off and sit in a cabana and drink Sailor Jerry and dry all day and eat hamburgers, that's not the way it works. ... But if they carry themselves like Matthew Pavlich has for the last 17 years we'll be in good shape." —Ross Lyon

This was an instant classic. A cracker. A ripper. Hilarious! Pure gold.

The best quote since the "milkshake" one last year. A quote so good it ALMOST made this $#!!+% season tolerable.

And Like Lach72, I had no idea what "Sailor Jerry" was, so I Googled it.

Ross's quotes are so damn good because you can get such great visuals. Who in their right $#@&*^$ mind WOULDN'T want to sit in a cabaña (I'm envisioning a Tahitian, overwater one, complete with the sounds of waves crashing underneath, a veranda to sit on and feel the sun's intense heat and humidity on your skin :sunface:, and a glass bottom floor to watch the passing tropical fish :tropicalfish:) for 10 weeks and eating hamburgers :hamburger: (Again, I picture them being served on a circular tray in those silver plate covers to keep the food warm and I can smell the accompanying fries) while drinking the rum I can practically taste and feel the buzz from? :sunglasses: :tonguewink:

I only wish journalism and teaching paid that much for me to have a 10-week period like that! :thumbsupemoji:

Now i know sailor jerry drink, umm i wonder this pre season Ross had too much of jerry ? images (1).jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to a SXSW event that was sponsored by Sailor Jerry and they were giving it out for free. Thought it was beyond disgusting, I paid for my own drinks rather than drink that s**t for free.

Yeah I wondered if it was men or man but I didn't agree.
Procrastination is cerebral hard labour!:huh:o_O

Just brilliant! No, that's not your style at all. What happened to your sig quoting "some Greek gadfly"? I used to draw a fair bit of inspiration from that.

One of those players in question is from the leadership group, how much does that erode the messages coming from there?

"...It doesn’t happen with one lap of the wave"

What the * does that even mean?

Sometimes I wish this bloke would man up and tell the media he hates them, or actually speak in proper English and not in buzz phrases. The supporters deserve some sort of transparency about what he thinks and what's going on. These cliches get trotted out because they're so vague, in the future, they can't be tracked back to him and hurled back at him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back