Society/Culture This is straight out child abuse ("transgender" child)

coerced

Cancelled
Jan 8, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You tell me. You seem to have some unshakeable views on the subject.
The science isn't settled on trans issues, there are a number dissenting opinions about gender dysphoria, and yet the politics is marching ahead. The field of psychology has made a number of grievous missteps over the past century (ECT, lobotomy, among others) and yet their pathologising of children's behaviours continues.

I think we should ask whether this is right.

The science isn't settled on trans issues, there are a number dissenting opinions about gender dysphoria, and yet the politics is marching ahead. The field of psychology has made a number of grievous missteps over the past century (ECT, lobotomy, among others) and yet their pathologising of children's behaviours continues.

I think we should ask whether this is right.

Ask away.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Why did you give me criteria you can't even define?

My point is kids like what they like; they learn and imagine and play, and say all sorts of things they don't fully understand. The only reason why this kid knows what a transgender is because people are telling him what it is, and that he is one. No 4 year old has studied and understands gender theory.

If people told me I was a transgender when I was a kid, just because I pretended I was a girl, and seemingly acted like one, it would have stuffed up my development quite a bit. And confused me.

Hell, you can't even tell me what makes a four year old a female, yet this kid is supposed to know?

It's child abuse.

What makes a 4 year old female is the same that makes a teenager going through puberty female is the same that makes an adult female.

Self-identification is a huge part of being transgender (perhaps the defining part) and you seem to be purposefully overlooking it. If you had told people that you were a girl (and not simply enjoyed doing stereotypically girl activities and wearing stereotypically girl clothes), that would be an entirely different thing. And that's what transgender children say, because that is what they truly believe. It's not a choice. A 4yo doesn't need to study gender theory to know that.

I think of myself as being very open minded but children under double figures would seem to me incapable of even comprehending fully what they want for dinner on most occassions let alone their "gender" indentity.
Personally I think his particular case would need serious consideration by unaffilated and totaly unbiased outside parties...based on the limited "facts" I have at hand.

kirsti

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United
Hey Chief I would love to do an "ask me anything" (AMA) podcast as discussions like this can save many lives. Transgender children and adults are taking a real hammering at the moment.

To be referred to as a cross dresser hurts me to the core, some of the posts in this thread are sickening as they are extremely uneducated and ill informed.

I am tough old nut and I would rather people ask me the difficult questions and leave other more vulnerable transgender people alone.

I have personally seen many members of big footy forum take the time and put the effort into educating themselves re transgender issues and many attitudes have positively evolved.

I am very willing to put myself out there and hopefully a greater understanding of transgender issues can occur.

kirsti

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United
I think of myself as being very open minded but children under double figures would seem to me incapable of even comprehending fully what they want for dinner on most occassions let alone their "gender" indentity.
Personally I think his particular case would need serious consideration by unaffilated and totaly unbiased outside parties...based on the limited "facts" I have at hand.
And that is what is occurring in this case.

kirsti

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United
Transgender people never have their dicks cut off, maybe if you wish to educate yourself look up the Gender Centre in Petersham Sydney they have some awsome online resources.

Hey Chief I would love to do an "ask me anything" (AMA) podcast as discussions like this can save many lives. Transgender children and adults are taking a real hammering at the moment.

To be referred to as a cross dresser hurts me to the core, some of the posts in this thread are sickening as they are extremely uneducated and ill informed.

I am tough old nut and I would rather people ask me the difficult questions and leave other more vulnerable transgender people alone.

I have personally seen many members of big footy forum take the time and put the effort into educating themselves re transgender issues and many attitudes have positively evolved.

I am very willing to put myself out there and hopefully a greater understanding of transgender issues can occur.

The_Wookie can sort out the podcast - get in touch.

Happy to run it. Keep talking about it I say. People will come around once they work out that it isn't about them. Or not :)

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

I think this would be a fantastic idea. When people realise they're talking to an actual person about issues that deeply impact their lives, I think they'd be much more respectful than some of the stuff posted in this thread about what is essentially a hypothetical child in that original article.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
I think this would be a fantastic idea. When people realise they're talking to an actual person about issues that deeply impact their lives, I think they'd be much more respectful than some of the stuff posted in this thread about what is essentially a hypothetical child in that original article.
Exactly.
The ones decrying "child abuse child abuse" and pointing the finger,should actually invert that finger.

ClokesShankedIt

Club Legend
Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Jul 5, 2011
Near the point post
AFL Club
Collingwood
Poor child, sacrificed at the alter of it's parent's political correctness.

Does the article mentioned how many tries the parents took when they doctor shopped until they got the outcome they wanted like most trannies?

ClokesShankedIt

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
Near the point post
AFL Club
Collingwood
Once this internet driven fad wraps up and the politically correct move onto the next hot topic there will be a lot of broken people who bought into the bullshit that will sadly end themselves. Hope this kid isn't one of them. Of course this doesn't get mentioned at diversity seminars

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21364939

Conclusion: Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

Poor child, sacrificed at the alter of it's parent's political correctness.

Does the article mentioned how many tries the parents took when they doctor shopped until they got the outcome they wanted like most trannies?

Why are you threatened by this?

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
Once this internet driven fad wraps up and the politically correct move onto the next hot topic there will be a lot of broken people who bought into the bullshit that will sadly end themselves. Hope this kid isn't one of them. Of course this doesn't get mentioned at diversity seminars

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21364939

Conclusion: Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

And, of course, your only concern is for the welfare of these people for whom you show such empathy. What a pathetic excuse for a human being you are.

I'm not, I'm concerned for the kid. Doesn't impact on me. Odd that the first thing you thought of was that I felt threatened. Maybe you need to try not living in fear.

No, I think something about it makes you feel like your world view is under threat.

ClokesShankedIt

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
Near the point post
AFL Club
Collingwood
And, of course, your only concern is for the welfare of these people for whom you show such empathy. What a pathetic excuse for a human being you are.

Why am I pathetic? Because I don't want some depressed bloke to top himself when he starts missing the penis that he ill advisedly had destroyed?

First I'm a scaredy cat, and now I am pathetic. Name calling is the only thing you libcucks have left ;)

How is this even legal?

NSW child, 4, identifies as transgender as data reveals growing referrals for gender dysphoria

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/325...ds-of-kids-seeking-gender-reassignment/#page1

No.

A 4 year old child does not have the intellectual capacity to even grasp the concept. 41% of transgender people attempt suicide at one point in their life. According to John Hopkins University roughly 80% of children who exhibit transgender behaviors just snap out of it over time.

This has been pushed by the parents. The parents have doomed this child to a lifetime of questioning themselves, ruined any chance the child will ever have of reproducing and massively increased their odds of suicide. And for what? To prove how tolerant and progressive they are?

The media have lost their collective minds in promoting this crap. Obviously being considerate to people who suffer from gender dysphoria is something that should be encouraged, but encouraging children into that life should be considered child abuse. There is no excuse for this.

My punt is this individual had both sets of genitals or derivatives of both.

Historically these were corrected soon after birth but now we wait a few years to understand what sex they identify with.

This approach is clearly better than a coin toss.

Back