Resource Football Record

Remove this Banner Ad

old editions of the Football Record which can be viewed and downloaded from the State Library of Victoria website

http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/football-record

Goes right back to the first edition of 1912 and has pretty much every week of the season for the last hundred years. Lots of interesting historical info floating around.
Am I missing something or are Finals Records not there?

Looking back at some old records recently it shows how bad the footy record is these days.

I feel it reached its peak in 2009 but I last enjoyed it genuinely in 2007.

I reckon the logo needs a change and the whole thing to have an overhaul minus the loudness of the pages.

I feel it (the look) started to go downhill in 2005.

2001 was my favourite year for it and 1999-00 had the K.I.S.S. method for me.

Those are my opinions of it.

How long has this been semi-broken for? I know there's a message on the site saying they're working on getting the 2018 GF and 2019 full season editions up (no doubt a Crocmedia thing...) but the actual display of titles is completely busted. It makes research extremely difficult, particularly when performing keyword searches. You just have to guess what date a particular edition is from.

1571225890640.png

How long has this been semi-broken for? I know there's a message on the site saying they're working on getting the 2018 GF and 2019 full season editions up (no doubt a Crocmedia thing...) but the actual display of titles is completely busted. It makes research extremely difficult, particularly when performing keyword searches. You just have to guess what date a particular edition is from.

View attachment 766350

Broken for quite a few months I think. Am a little surprised as Crocmedia are surely publishing on behalf of the AFL, therefore the AFL agreement with SLV should still stand, shouldn't it ?

And, under national cataloguing standards, 1912 to 1989 sets should be listed under Victorian Football League as that was the official title/publisher.

The viewing of Football Records is still utterly broken. Titles still missing and we continue to play the guessing game. What gives? Has anyone on here already contacted SLV?

The viewing of Football Records is still utterly broken. Titles still missing and we continue to play the guessing game. What gives? Has anyone on here already contacted SLV?

Is it coincidental that it's turned to s**t since Hutchy bought the Record from Slattery Media?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have every record from very game the eagles have played in since 1987. It's my pride and joy and takes up a s**t load of space. I only wish the record was the smaller a5 size it was pre 1993. As for the footy budget from WA I can't get enough of that either, I have thousands of them going back to 1921 which is it's first year. A bloke from perth spent two years scanning every wafl budget, it's now for sale on cd.

Do you have any spares of Eagles records from 1987 by any chance you'd be willing to sell?

Has anyone got all the old Footy Records downloaded in PDF format where they might be able to share a link?

Back in 2013 a particular private footy website uploaded them all in sections but there have been no seeders for a long time now.

Just asking as search is still broken (no labelling of titles) hence I'd much rather do it off my own computer if I have the space.

Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back