Movie Best Acted Husband-Wife Arguments in Movies?

Remove this Banner Ad

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Maybe not a direct argument, but they're certainly not seeing eye to eye in this well known scene from The Shining.

Devoid

Team Captain
Jul 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Probably stretching the 'argument' part of the thread and definitely the movie aspect. Don and Betty sitting down the kids to tell them they're getting a divorce in Mad Men crushed me a bit - brought back a lot of memories!

Also couldn't go without mentioning the love birds Jake and Vicky in Raging Bull. The "Did you * my brother?" scene is a doozy .

Must be something in the name Jake that makes you a psychopathic bastard.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Was watching Sinister (2012) just recently, and tho I didn't really like the movie much, there was a scene in it where the husband and wife have an argument. It really stood out to me, so well-acted.

What are the best acted husband-wife argument scenes in movies that you can think of? Doesn't matter what genre of film.

What about the War of the Roses, Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner and Danny DiVito as the lawyer. They really had a war.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember Blue Valentine having a pretty intense argument.

That movie made me feel like slitting my wrists by the end of it.

Also- I know it says "movies" but imho Dr Karl and Susan had some beauties on Neighbours, esp during his affair years.

Haha. I wasn't quite on that level but it was a very impactful movie. I think anything that can evoke strong feelings like that has some merit.

I'm being OTT. But it was just so sad. But then again some really lovely scenes- ie. when he sets up the room for the old guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back