Meet Up 2016 meet-up thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Coolio.

If we get into the GF- I will be straight onto Duke? Book a table for Noon sharp.
If I can't get a ticket to the 'G I'm unsure whether I'll be in Melb or watch it in Geelong with mates. I'll have to see what their plans are, should I miss out in the ballot.

I could try and convince them to come to Melb - where's a good place in the city to watch if not at the 'G itself? I like the idea of converging onto Fed Square if the boys get up.

If I can't get a ticket to the 'G I'm unsure whether I'll be in Melb or watch it in Geelong with mates. I'll have to see what their plans are, should I miss out in the ballot.

I could try and convince them to come to Melb - where's a good place in the city to watch if not at the 'G itself? I like the idea of converging onto Fed Square if the boys get up.

Yeah that is true- IF we get in and IF you miss out on tickets where to go and watch..

You can go to the MCG after the match, so I would lean more towards Melbourne. Perhaps lunch at a pub, then big screen at Punt Road? The drive to Geelong straight away like no later than 8/9pm.

If I were to go to Geelong I reckon I'd watch it at LOTI. Would be packed and atmosphere amazing. Or KP.

Last edited:

Yeah that is true- IF we get in and IF you miss out on tickets where to go and watch..

You can go to the MCG after the match, so I would lean more towards Melbourne. Perhaps lunch at a pub, then big screen at Punt Road? The drive to Geelong straight away like no later than 8/9pm.

If I were to go to Geelong I reckon I'd watch it at LOTI. Would be packed and atmosphere amazing. Or KP.
I was at KP in '07 and '09 at a mate's house in Geelong. The other two GFs I didn't venture over - I was with the Adelaide Cats supporter's group at a pub near the city.

LOTI would be amazing I reckon and definitely packed. But Melb would be great also. I'll be staying in Geelong so would have to make it back before the night is out. Geelong is also fun in town with everyone going crazy down Moorabool St.

I'll be in touch and let you know if I'll be up in Melbs on the day.

I've booked Friday 30th off to be sure as I'll be driving over. The boss shook his head and said "you must be confident". I told him better be safe than leave it too short notice and you knock me back with a week to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Orite tickets are done (for some) let's get this party started.

Spice-Market-256x256.jpg

Friday the 23rd of September @ 5pm (I should be there at 4.30 if anyone can meet a bit earlier) at Spice Market, located on Beaney Lane (near Collins street or up the road from Duke).

http://www.spicemarket.net.au/ipo-fridays/

Please give me some kind of indication cause if numbers get bigger I will need to let the venue know to get us a bigger booth.

thegerman (yes) cats_09 The rabbi The Sim Dog Doctor Gero

I am awaiting the magical Telstra offer to go live before I know what I am doing....

Then will need to maybe negotiate leaving work early Friday yada yada yada

Call in sick?
Go home early cause your sick?
Or is it a case of just sucking up to the boss and hoping for the best?

Call in sick?
Go home early cause your sick?
Or is it a case of just sucking up to the boss and hoping for the best?
I have geuniely been sick the last 5 days, and left at 10 on Friday because of it, and likely shouldn't be here because of it today... so it might be a stretch to use it Friday as well.

My boss is pretty good (despite being a Hawk) he will understand and I can work it out if need be

Just yell at your boss about how important the game is and then quit, go and e joy the game and walk in Monday morning like nothing ever happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back