The Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
K I had an hour btwn movies. Just spent 15 or so minutes- I honestly thought there is no ****ing way here cause the dog would always lunge at my hand (trying to shake his paw) thinking it had the treat in it. This continued for the first idk 10-15 times until he finally stopped and would wait. A few times he "half" raised his paw. I then went and got one of the "good" treats- not just dry pellets and spent ages with him trying to get him to do it finally. He didnt the poor dear, but you could see in his eyes "I know what you want, I just cant do it yet" lol. Never barked tho or became frustrated once.

Will continue tomorrow.

But lmao he is so still a puppy sometimes its like it's Homer: "Look a blue car!!" kind of thing with him.

Also when he does it say YES in the most patronising way possible at the same time you give him the treat. Well that's what I've learned from puppy school. My dog is still a little psycho so am probably not qualified to offer advice on dog training but good luck!

Also when he does it say YES in the most patronising way possible at the same time you give him the treat. Well that's what I've learned from puppy school. My dog is still a little psycho so am probably not qualified to offer advice on dog training but good luck!

I've been saying "Good boy!" in yes, a patronising tone lol.

He is smart I think, I taught him pretty much to sit last time I was here, so now it's shake hands.

My old dog keeps learning new tricks. He can spell now, because we haven't been able to say the words ball, walk, park, ride etc for so long! Also, I've got him to the point where he obeys all his known commands without words. He's still a nutcase, though...

My old dog keeps learning new tricks. He can spell now, because we haven't been able to say the words ball, walk, park, ride etc for so long! Also, I've got him to the point where he obeys all his known commands without words. He's still a nutcase, though...

I laughed

Me to the other half:
"Think I might take the dog for a W"
Him: where to, the P

Turn around and he is sitting at the door tail wagging

I laughed

Me to the other half:
"Think I might take the dog for a W"
Him: where to, the P

Turn around and he is sitting at the door tail wagging

They're too smart. We can't say "Go to","Go for". Even minute/s is taboo as the Mrs would always say "wait a minute" when he got excited too early!

OK guys. I'm heading up to Sydney on Saturday and have a 7am flight home on Sunday. I need a cheap place to crash on Saturday night - nothing fancy at all. Staying with a girl friend to split costs.

Any recommendations on cheap places near the airport?

Surely you will just be partying all night if the Bulldogs win, that's what I'd do if the Saints won, or lost for that matter.

Surely you will just be partying all night if the Bulldogs win, that's what I'd do if the Saints won, or lost for that matter.
You're not wrong, there's a good chance I wouldn't use it if we won haha, but there's an even better chance that I'll be wanting to cry myself to sleep :p

That's why "cheap". Quick shower and brush of the teeth before boarding the plane.
Although with Sydney's lockout and last drinks laws there might be time for an hour or two's nap.

OK guys. I'm heading up to Sydney on Saturday and have a 7am flight home on Sunday. I need a cheap place to crash on Saturday night - nothing fancy at all. Staying with a girl friend to split costs.

Why dont you look up air bnb?

oh love was that you who PM'd me? On tapatalk it comes up with a completely different name. I'll have a squiz for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd put a post on the Bulldogs board, see if you can get 6 or so people and try and get an 8 bed dorm with shared bathroom at a backpackers. People would be on the same flights as well so could split an Uber too and from as well.

craigos he just did shake hands all on his own!!!!

I'm like a proud mamma. Didnt have a treat on me for him but he was smothered with hugs and praise.
Nice work! Must be a quick learner or maybe you're like a dog whisperer. It's all about patience, keeping your cool and A LOT OF TIME with training dogs. I've watched a heap of youtube clips and they make it look easy but it's anything but.

Nice work! Must be a quick learner or maybe you're like a dog whisperer. It's all about patience, keeping your cool and A LOT OF TIME with training dogs. I've watched a heap of youtube clips and they make it look easy but it's anything but.

Lol I'm anything but. Not to mention I'm a cat person!!! It was just so funny- he's usually "all over the place" with all his energy, instead in this one instance he stared right into my eyes for a full 6 seconds, then raised his paw. Was so cute.

What sort of dog is it Shell

springer.jpg

Continued in Part 2: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-questions-thread-part-ii.1146368/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back