Unsolved JonBenet Ramsey

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a son about the same age as Burke was at the time of the death and knowing him and any of his friends, there is no way any of them would not be scared sh!tless about staying in the house just 2 weeks after an "intruder" had broken in and killed a sibling. The video interview of Burke taken 2 weeks after the murder was a give away and so were the follow up ones as well. He showed absolutely no emotion or care about what had happened to his sister and was equally as dismissive about the concern for his own safety about staying in a house where a child had been murdered.

Although I'm on board with the parents covering up Burkey boy's violent outburst as the likely theory, I don't quite follow the timeline of what would have happened (correct me if I'm wrong)

9.30pm Family arrives home from dinner

10pm Burke eating pineapple downstairs, JB comes down and tries to take some, Burke clocks her. Parents were still awake weren't they? Surely they hear the commotion and investigate. If they're on the scene instantly surely their minds first turn to calling an ambulance? Has there been any proof she died instantly after the head trauma? I would have thought there'd at least be a small window of opportunity where if they act fast enough they might keep her alive. Even if she has no pulse, I couldn't imagine a parent not doing everything in their power to revive her, rather than straight away thinking up a cover up story.

If they didn't hear it, did they just go to sleep and find her dead in the morning? And Burke just went to sleep like nothing had happened? Then they think up a cover up story early in the morning of boxing day after discovering the body, or have they been up all night working on the story?

If the parents had known the law and that the boy wasn't legally accountable (being under 10 years of age at the time of the crime) they probably wouldn't have gone to such bizarre lengths, you can say they panicked but not many people would know the state law off hand on the spur of the moment in a crisis.

Although I'm on board with the parents covering up Burkey boy's violent outburst as the likely theory, I don't quite follow the timeline of what would have happened (correct me if I'm wrong)

9.30pm Family arrives home from dinner

10pm Burke eating pineapple downstairs, JB comes down and tries to take some, Burke clocks her. Parents were still awake weren't they? Surely they hear the commotion and investigate. If they're on the scene instantly surely their minds first turn to calling an ambulance? Has there been any proof she died instantly after the head trauma? I would have thought there'd at least be a small window of opportunity where if they act fast enough they might keep her alive. Even if she has no pulse, I couldn't imagine a parent not doing everything in their power to revive her, rather than straight away thinking up a cover up story.

If they didn't hear it, did they just go to sleep and find her dead in the morning? And Burke just went to sleep like nothing had happened? Then they think up a cover up story early in the morning of boxing day after discovering the body, or have they been up all night working on the story?

Here is what the police chief had to say on that: "The blow knocked her into deep unconsciousness, which could have led someone to believe she was dead. The strangulation came 45 minutes to two hours after the head strike, based on the swelling on the brain. While the head wound would have eventually killed her, the strangulation actually did kill her. The rest of the scene we believe was staged, including the vaginal trauma, to make it look like a kidnapping/assault gone bad."

Have a read of this AMA with Mark Beckner who was involved with the case: http://extras.denverpost.com/jonbenetAMA.html (It's an archive only because the guy deleted his answers after realising everyone could read them)

Just read that AMA, I had no idea that there was evidence that JB had suffered a history of sexual abuse. As in, well before the night of her murder.

So who strangled her after?

Mum and Dad? That's stuffed up immensely.

Seems like the only answer if you believe the parents/Burke did it. Ultimately, the most likely account I've read is the following: JonBenet takes a piece of pineapple from Burke, who becomes angry and ends up hitting her with a torch. He then pokes her with a piece of toy train track to try and see if she is awake/alert. When she doesn't respond, he tells his parents who then concoct the plan to stage it as a kidnapping, writing the ransom note (which was either similar to or the exact amount that John Benet received as a bonus that year from his work), strangling her, etc. However, it does seem strange that they wouldn't seek medical help for JonBenet and decided to kill her instead.

And as much as the intruder theory has been argued against, there is still good debate and plausible evidence over the possibility of the killer being an intruder.

Did they make a Hollywood film about this? I remember seeing a movie about it but can't remember the name?

It wasn't a Hollywood movie but a made for TV Hallmark type. Marg Helgenberger from CSI and China Beach played Patsy Ramsey

And as much as the intruder theory has been argued against, there is still good debate and plausible evidence over the possibility of the killer being an intruder.
Yes but it doesn't explain the parent bizarre behaviour, avoidance of police, changing gear on the phone, lying about Burke being awake and involved, the background conversation, a note that takes over half an hour to write in the house while everyone is asleep, the maternal nature of the note, trying to pass the kidnappers off as a 'small' faction when real kidnappers would go to extreme lengths to say they are big and powerful etc etc etc

All of that is just insane unless they are protecting Burke.

Yes but it doesn't explain the parent bizarre behaviour, avoidance of police, changing gear on the phone, lying about Burke being awake and involded, the background conversation,a note that takes over half an hour to write in the house while everyone is asleep, the maternal nature of the note, trying to pass the kidnappers off as a 'small' faction when real kidnappers would go to extreme lengths to say they are big and powerful etc etc etc

All of that is insane unless they are protecting Burke.

I agree and I'm of the opinion that Burke/parents did it. However, there some good theories like the killer broke into the house and wrote the ransom note while the Ramsey's were at a party before taking JBR to the basement as she slept and killing her after sexually assaulting her. I think you can find evidence to back up all the theories on who did could have possibly done it.

I'd reccommend the JonBenet sub-reddit because you can read theories from people who think Burke did it, intruder, parents, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/JonBenet/comments/4fd0t2/for_those_that_think_the_ramseys_did_it_can_we/
https://www.reddit.com/r/JonBenet/comments/3donqm/is_anyone_interested_in_approaching_this_from_an/
https://www.reddit.com/r/JonBenet/comments/53ljda/idiers_id_like_to_hear_your_theories/

Seems like the only answer if you believe the parents/Burke did it. Ultimately, the most likely account I've read is the following: JonBenet takes a piece of pineapple from Burke, who becomes angry and ends up hitting her with a torch. He then pokes her with a piece of toy train track to try and see if she is awake/alert. When she doesn't respond, he tells his parents who then concoct the plan to stage it as a kidnapping, writing the ransom note (which was either similar to or the exact amount that John Benet received as a bonus that year from his work), strangling her, etc. However, it does seem strange that they wouldn't seek medical help for JonBenet and decided to kill her instead.

A lot thats written is also conflicted.
Commander John Eller left the case apparently due to infighting in the police department and his views are long forgotten.Slightly different from other people in the department.
Mark Beckner the next police chief seems to get his ideas quoted alot.
There were also earlier detectives that disagreed with the PD and they also resigned either from the force or the case.These guys dont get quoted and also dont go public and write books on their ideas.
There was also an evidence dispute with the FBI that seemed to put arguments within the PD,these arguments caused a great deal of resignations and mud slinging.
I think eventually after many disagreements and resignations the investigation took a new breath with a clean slate started and announced publicly to the press.
It was considered the 3rd investigation and that was to the disgust of many officers who felt that the crime scene was completely contaminated and the witnesses long "cold" after so many months of infighting in the PD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree and I'm of the opinion that Burke/parents did it. However, there some good theories like the killer broke into the house and wrote the ransom note while the Ramsey's were at a party before taking JBR to the basement as she slept and killing her after sexually assaulting her. I think you can find evidence to back up all the theories on who did could have possibly done it.

I'd reccommend the JonBenet sub-reddit because you can read theories from people who think Burke did it, intruder, parents, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/JonBenet/comments/4fd0t2/for_those_that_think_the_ramseys_did_it_can_we/
https://www.reddit.com/r/JonBenet/comments/3donqm/is_anyone_interested_in_approaching_this_from_an/
https://www.reddit.com/r/JonBenet/comments/53ljda/idiers_id_like_to_hear_your_theories/
I know, I've been convinced of different theories at different times over the years but if you take all that behaviour into account only one scenario really explains it all. And it's pretty obvious the police themselves knew they weren't looking for a killer on the loose but what can you do when the law says he's not 10 years of age so not responsible. that's why everyone including the DA wanted it to go away, there was just nothing to be done.

I have a son about the same age as Burke was at the time of the death and knowing him and any of his friends, there is no way any of them would not be scared sh!tless about staying in the house just 2 weeks after an "intruder" had broken in and killed a sibling. The video interview of Burke taken 2 weeks after the murder was a give away and so were the follow up ones as well. He showed absolutely no emotion or care about what had happened to his sister and was equally as dismissive about the concern for his own safety about staying in a house where a child had been murdered.

That's a great point. I remember when I was 12 someone broke into our house one night and I had trouble sleeping for like a year. It would have to be a million times worse if you were 9 and the burgler actually killed your sister

Anyone watch the two Dr Phil videos i posted a few pages ago? Would like to read people's thoughts/observations on that.
He looks off smiling the whole time and maybe it is just nerves like Phil said but u can't help but get a creepy Michael Jackson vibe off him.

How about the truth needs to come out because JonBenet bloody deserves it.

Spot on Shell. Outside of your life of rooting you and I probably don't have a great deal in common, however this is something we can bond on. I've read with astonishment some people suggesting there's no real crime here, and I think people forget this bed wetting little girl who essentially never lived a day of her life as she might've wished.

Looks like he has some form of autism to me.

I've watched the docos, the Dr Phils, a different 3 parter which likes the Burke theory and another one-shot that likes the intruder theory. I think creepy Burke did it. On top of all the circumstantial evidence the guy is just a psycho. In both the old and new interviews he acts like he doesn't give a s**t. You just want to wipe that s**t-eating grin off his face. John and Patsy are / were weirdos too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back