Toast Alex Pearce the defender

Remove this Banner Ad

The gold coast Kolodjashni? Not sure what role he plays exactly but I think its centre half back. Weitering looks good as well.
I'd still have Alex ahead of those two at the moment but agree they'd be in the mix. Weitering also injured for a few weeks atm isn't he? (although the Victorian bias might help him). I did forget Gardiner and Andrews from Brisbane as well.

Another great job from the Moose. Think we may have one here. Early I know but signs are more than promising.

This guy is going to be a star for us, lock it in. His decision making under pressure is sublime, better than many of or senior players as well. So agile and good below the knees for someone of his size too. Fantastic player, really enjoying watching his development.

So I'm only just watching the game now after missing most of it. Did the commentators give Alex Pearce the kudos he deserves? He's flying under the radar a bit

I think some are.

I think he's a lock best 22 now. He can only get better.
Absolutely. I've never been this excited for a youngster since Fyfe. Weller is promising too but we are crying out for tall timber and Alex Pearce is one of the best young guys out there right now

Absolutely. I've never been this excited for a youngster since Fyfe. Weller is promising too but we are crying out for tall timber and Alex Pearce is one of the best young guys out there right now
Yep. if can find a forward version of Alex we are well on the way to the post Pav/Macca era.
I love the way Weller digs in on the field too. The run down and tackle was superb but his tackling in general is excellent. he really digs in.

I love the way Weller digs in on the field too. The run down and tackle was superb but his tackling in general is excellent. he really digs in.
It reminded me of a big relentless chase that McManus was rewarded with at Subi back in the day. But this bloke also has offensive weapons as well. And has good looks :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weller has kicked 1.7 so far this year. Should be better than that for someone who's such a good kick. He was kicking them in the nab cup! Hope he improves. We need some forward potency. Otherwise still liking what he's doing so far.

Weller has kicked 1.7 so far this year. Should be better than that for someone who's such a good kick. He was kicking them in the nab cup! Hope he improves. We need some forward potency. Otherwise still liking what he's doing so far.
I think he's got the yips about getting his first goal in AFL. Remember Lewis Jetta!

Weller has already got his first goal in afl I think? But yep certainly has the yips! Like with everyone else it seems

He was a bit flukey last night for sure. Dropped that chest mark, missed a lot of his targets by foot including the shot on goal and he only just took the mark for that shot on goal. Nearly made a meal of it.

But when he's in congestion and doesn't have time to think he's so so clean

He was a bit flukey last night for sure. Dropped that chest mark, missed a lot of his targets by foot including the shot on goal and he only just took the mark for that shot on goal. Nearly made a meal of it.

But when he's in congestion and doesn't have time to think he's so so clean
just nerves still id guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back