Multiplat Destiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone able to get on last night?

Some thoughts for those 6+ hours in (story missions finished):

Made the comment in party chat last night that it was just fun to explore a new Destiny environment again, albeit one we're pretty familiar with (Cosmodrome). If nothing else, this game has always LOOKED good, and this new DLC has continued that trend - I'll post some screenshots sometime.

Highlights:
Opening mission with the fresh smell of new DLC and a sense of urgency that I haven't felt in a while;
The new Mountaintop 'Tower' (dem views, but where's the Traveller?); and
The new soundtrack :thumbsu:

Lowlight:
Annoyed they've recycled some old enemies (cybernetic Fallen, Sepkis Prime for the third time, etc), by putting a 'new' SIVA facade over the top. Destiny is an enjoyable game (made great by this community and party chat), but it could've been a GREAT game if they dived deeper with the story.

Keen to extend my light level to 360+ ASAP, and play some crucible tonight :thumbsu:

Anyone made it to the top of the mountain yet? Gotta be something juicy up there.

Last edited:
Everyone able to get on last night?

Some thoughts for those 6+ hours in (story missions finished):

Made the comment in party chat last night that it was just fun to explore a new Destiny environment again, albeit one we're pretty familiar with (Cosmodrome). If nothing else, this game has always LOOKED GOOD, and this new DLC has continued that trend - I'll post some screenshots sometime.

Highlights:
Opening mission with the fresh smell of new DLC and a sense of urgency that I haven't felt in a while;
The new Mountaintop 'Tower' (dem views, but where's the Traveller?); and
The new soundtrack :thumbsu:

Lowlight:
Annoyed they've recycled some old enemies (cybernetic Fallen, Sepkis Prime for the third time, etc), by putting a 'new' SIVA facade over the top. Destiny is an enjoyable game (made great by this community and party chat), but it could've been a GREAT game if they dived deeper with the story.

Keen to extend my light level to 360+ ASAP, and play some crucible tonight :thumbsu:

Anyone made it to the top of the mountain yet? Gotta be something juicy up there.

Yeah, managed to get on and complete the first story mission at Felwinter's Peak at about 11.15pm last night, after playing MLB The Show 16 to wait out the server issues.

Shaxx rewarded my Crucible rank up with a B-29 Party Favor pulse rifle, which is from the Hawksaw archetype. I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares with the Hawksaw, which is my main primary weapon.

I know blackshadow got on, as he was running through the story missions like nobody's business last night.

I'm looking forward to getting home and playing it a bit more, then jumping into the Crucible and trying out the Supremacy game mode.

Both hilarious and soul destroying, at least for another jumping hack like me :D

I know blackshadow got on, as he was running through the story missions like nobody's business last night.
Completed the story missions and the strike last night.

I love the new social space. Story missions were OK but not fantastic until the last one... loved it!

The strike was OK but not as good as challenging as some other strikes.

Played one game of Rumble on the new Skyline map - need more time to learn the map to know if I like it or not. Wasn't really geared up for it - just wanted one Crucible game to rank up.

I'm really looking forward to exploring the plaguelands and getting into the new Crucible games.

Completed the story missions and the strike last night.

I love the new social space. Story missions were OK but not fantastic until the last one... loved it!

The strike was OK but not as good as challenging as some other strikes.

Played one game of Rumble on the new Skyline map - need more time to learn the map to know if I like it or not. Wasn't really geared up for it - just wanted one Crucible game to rank up.

I'm really looking forward to exploring the plaguelands and getting into the new Crucible games.

If you're on tonight, I'll play some Supremacy with you. I've been watching the recorded broadcast of the MLG Supremacy exhibition battle this afternoon. Looks like an interesting game mode and hopefully should suit my game-style (ie., no sniping).

If you're on tonight, I'll play some Supremacy with you. I've been watching the recorded broadcast of the MLG Supremacy exhibition battle this afternoon. Looks like an interesting game mode and hopefully should suit my game-style (ie., no sniping).

What time will you be on tonight?

Not sure if I will be tonight or not. More likely tomorrow night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be on tonight.

Have they gotten rid of the reef yet?
no why would they? They are adding a social space not taking one away. And Osiris is still there I believe.

Plus Variks is selling a 350 class item for which you don't need marks; just a legendary class engram and 5k glimmer

no why would they? They are adding a social space not taking one away. And Osiris is still there I believe.

Plus Variks is selling a 350 class item for which you don't need marks; just a legendary class engram and 5k glimmer

You can get old IB ones from Shiro at Felwinter's Peak for the same cost.

Haha that's cool.

Reasonable last few days (granted had time off) knocking over Khvostov, Ghalla missions and climbing that god awful peak.

Just need to get started on the Forge and grind away in Supremacy and Siva strikes.

350 now, Siva strikes don't seem to bad, reading some people are farming Omnigul once they get it in the playlist for blues, ala Grasp farm?

Anything's better than the god awful wolf head

For me armour sets need to fall into two categories aesthetically.

a) Ones that look genuinely nice that you want to wear them. Most of the trials helmets have done this, some of the IB sets, etc.

b) Or ones that look so stupid that there is a novelty to wearing them. Pretty much half of the Titan helmets namely the ones with wings, the stupid cheese head helmet, etc. This wolf head cloak fits the bill here.

Unfortunately perks usually win out over form factor, especially in the early days.

Apart from my exotic Claws of Ahamkara, my armour comprises all IB gear. I like the look of the IB gear and as an added bonus I can set up my stormcaller as a 5-1-5 build, which helps my playstyle immensely. I've been infusing my IB gear over the last couple of days with the higher light level drops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back