Rumour The Copeland Leak

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be surprised if Pendles finished ahead of Treloar.

I actually reckon Treloar might be a smokey for the Brownlow. He'd be getting 2s and 3s in all 9 wins and might even pinch a few 1s and 2s in closer losses.

I actually reckon Treloar might be a smokey for the Brownlow. He'd be getting 2s and 3s in all 9 wins and might even pinch a few 1s and 2s in closer losses.

Funny, but I've been having the same thoughts. With all the attention on Danger, and rightly so, the tendency is for other players to go under the radar. Those pesky umpires, who knows what they are thinking? Matthew Priddis anyone? FWIW, I dont really think AD will win it, but he could surprise by finishing high in the count.

If this is true Pendles will become the first player in club history to win 4 copelands in a row. He will also win his fifth, tying for second with the great Len Thompson and be only one behind that Buckley bloke.

And some on here still dont rate him as one of our all time greats.:rolleyes:o_O

Funny, but I've been having the same thoughts. With all the attention on Danger, and rightly so, the tendency is for other players to go under the radar. Those pesky umpires, who knows what they are thinking? Matthew Priddis anyone? FWIW, I dont really think AD will win it, but he could surprise by finishing high in the count.

I'm not saying he WILL win. Danger most likely has it in the bag.

But I think Treloar should be a front runner on the smokey/dark horse market. We won 9 games. If he got 3 votes in all of those (which I'm sure eh wouldn't in all of them) then that already has him on 27 votes. Which is a number most players win the Brownlow with. But I don't think it's unrealistic to think he COULD hit the 25-30 mark if he can pinch a few 1s and 2s in close losses.

Yep, he didn't have as bad of a year as a lot of people think. Started off slow, but I thought he was up there in the second half of the season.

- 4th for disposals
- 6th for score involvements
- 4th for contested possessions
- 3rd for tackles
- 5th for clearances
- 4th for inside 50's

All that goes to show is that stats aren't everything.
He was genuinely awful this year!!
If you said bottom 10, i'd have agreed.

Not sure why so many people are surprised that Pendles will win. After all didn't we as a group vote him as the best player in the Didaka Medal.

Same on NicksBB. Seems a common thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why so many people are surprised that Pendles will win. After all didn't we as a group vote him as the best player in the Didaka Medal.
And I'm grumpy that the Didaka medal results have beenleaked as well.
What's going on ????

Pendlebury should win it ahead of Treloar, he had the better (albeit less flashy) year. I'm surprised how much even our own supporters underrate our captain.
Agree Scott does get a bit of under rating.
He's my pick to beat Adam, with Adam flying in the last rounds.
Grundy was fantastic second half of the season

31B6C8DA00000578-3470606-image-a-12_1456978091842.jpg

All that goes to show is that stats aren't everything.
He was genuinely awful this year!!
If you said bottom 10, i'd have agreed.

He wasn't awful.

I'm getting quite tired of our own supporters still taking shots at Pendles. It is a joke.

Would be surprised if Pendles finished ahead of Treloar.

Interesting Ed.
Let's take a punt and say 5 X 2 and 4 X 3 which = 22
Let's give him max 3 X 1 plus 22 means 25.
If we were extra generous and say gave him 5 X 3 and 4 X 2 = 26
I'd say his best is say the 26 that is a winning total, almost!
Except these days the winners float around 30
And that fellow Dangerfield looks to me to threaten Danes record 34 votes

But I like your thinking.
Ive got him being our highest vote getter at about 16 to max 20 so I'd tip 18 then

And Gubbinator is gone.
A short but merry stay

Copeland Trophy Menu

Entree:

Leek Dumplings with jus

image.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back